Getting Hot Chocolate

Leslie grinned when she realised there was another thing she had in common with Immy. Lemi had loved her life in London. It had been hard to get her upset back then where as now it was one of the easiest things to do.
"I don't think I have. I don't think I know yours either." She grinned. "Mine's June ninth. So quite a while away. When's yours??"

Immy smiled, while the subjects of birthday's was generally a safe subject, for Imogen it wasn't so much. She didn't really celebrate her birthday and she always felt god awful when now, she wasn't even home for the day. She smiled at Leslie, not letting the things on her mind show. Birthday's should be a joyeous time, she may as well seem like it.

"The 16th of May. So it's a long way away too." Immy said smiling happily. "I'm older than you." Imogen said teasingly while smiling brightly.

"Most people are older than me." She laughed. "Most of the people in this year have a birthday before June. I don't mind though. I don't really clebrate my birthday much. I just accept the presents that people give me and that's about it." She smiled. "I expect there's probably quite a lot of people older than you."

Immy smiled. That was true, she was one of the youngest. She wondered what kind of hints Leslie would like for her birthday. She made a mental note to remember to go out and buy something. A book. That would amazing. Though she didn't know if Les was the type to like books.

"I am since I'm only one month older than you." Immy said. "What kind of things would you want for your birthday?"

[I completely forgot about this, sorry]

"I dunno." Leslie shrugged. "Most of the time, I just get clothes or shoes or books. It's the only things that I really need." Les didn't play an instrument so didn't need anything for it. She also didn't get involved in any type of sport so didn't need any equipment. So there wasn't much that could be bought for her. "What about you??"

Immy shrugged. She wasn't birthday, or well, she wasn't very her own birthday. Immy had grown to prefering to liking and enjoying other peoples birthday's more than her own. This she thought was a little strange. Or she believed that most others would believe it to be strange. Immy had long grown used to it, that she would hate to make a fuss of her birthday.

"I don't mind. Anything. I stand by the belief of it's the thought that counts." Immy said with a smile. "What kind of things do you like to read?"

Leslie had never liked her birthday because there was so much attention given to her. She also didn't like other people's birthdays because she never knew what to get for them. She just hated birthdays altogether.
"Anything really." She shrugged. "I usually just read anything I can get my hands on."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back