Getting by...

Avory Brandt

OOC First Name
Pat
Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
Avory made her way along the abandoned streets of New Zealand. It was all she seemed to want to do any more, just walk, aimlessly. She really had nothing else to do, nowhere to go, no one to talk too. She would still visit Niccy every so often but having to visit the Styx Manor reminded Avory too much to of Axel, not that she could get the man out of her head. Every night her dreams would be pulled back to the night they met, one of the most perfect nights Avory could ever remember. Then again it was hard not to think about Axel every time she looked down at her stomach. It wasn't that big yet, but to those that knew Avory it was clear that she was pregnant, her white summer dress hugged her baby bump perfectly so it would still be pretty obvious to passers-by. Feeling the heat become too much for her Avory felt she had to sit down, finding a quiet spot she sat on a deserted bench until she felt fit enough to continue her walk.

Axel just received a letter that pained him and angered him so much from his father. Ylva had become his wife because she was bearing his child. And now, he heard that the one woman that filled his mind, that haunted his dreams at night, was also pregnant. Axel crumpled the letter and threw it against the wall with force. As if a parchment could do the damage he wished he could inflict right now. Axel stood up, exited his bedroom, gave a kiss to Athena while she took a nap, and he told his wife that he would be back later. Axel did not expect to be questioned, because he was out of the room before a protest. Axel walked down the streets of New Zealand with hands in the pocket of his leather jacket. Though it was hot outside, Axel did not bother to take off his jacket. He had been in much hotter weather before. However, his stormy eyes fell on a bench up ahead. He could not believe what he was seeing. Avory...and it was true... She was pregnant... Axel sighed, and he approached her. "Hey there," a subtle smile graced his features.

Avory looked fondly down at her ever growning stomach as she placed her hands on the bump a smile spread across her lips. Never did she think that she would find herself in this position. It wasn't a secret that she didn't like children and that to be pregnant was one of her worst nightmares. Although, now she found herself in the situation she had surprisingly comes to terms about it quite easily. The only part she regretted was not being in contact with the father. Oh how she wanted to see him again, to touch him, to hold him, just so she could reassure herself it wasn't a dream. Although the baby was enough to reassue her about that.

Avory felt a shadow go over her and a voice came from just above her. The voice sent chills down her spine, she knew that voice but she didn't want to look up in case it was just her mind playing tricks on her. Not caring if she was just imagining the voice she had to look up, incase it was him she had to see him again. Slowing tilting her head she saw the face that had been etched in her mind, that she longed to see again. "Hello." she said with a smile forming on her lips. "What are you doing here?" she asked, trying to remain calm around him, she didn't want to give him the satisfaction of letting him know how much she missed him.

That smile alone made Axel uncomfortable. It reminded him of what he could have instead of what he has now. Axel sighed and he answered, "Just...walking." It was kind of true. He was walking, and then he ran into her. Axel wanted to tell her everything. What he was, that he was forced into marriage, and that she was haunting his thoughts. Axel was not the type to open up so willingly, and never had a woman that could want him to do something against his true nature. Axel spoke softly, "I have to say something... I must apologize for causing a burden on your life due to my carelessness. But I hope that you don't hate me enough so I can be there for you as this proceeds. I do want to be there for the birth of your-our child." Axel then thought of Ylva. So, he and Ylva were married, but with attitudes that clashed and her constant...something, Axel just didn't know how long he could take it. He'll go request for a divorce...and soon. Thing is, would Avory care if he was shoved into marriage by none other than the Patriarch himself? After all, it could have easily been her and not Ylva.

Avory nodded her head lightly at Axels response, really what was she expecting? That he had come to find her? Wake up girl! she told herself, trying not to look so glum. A shiver went down the Death Eaters back as she heard his voice, so soft. The words she heard though did not sent shivers down her spine, but instead made her eyes tear up. The tears stayed well away from Axel's sight until she heard him say our child. So he did care, well enough to be there for the child. "I don't hate you Axel." she said looking up to him now, her eyes watery, "I would love for you to be there for Aleric's birth." She said as she looked back at her stomach, rubbing the baby bump fondly. She had been thinking about names ever since she found out she was having a boy, she only hoped Axel approved, after all he was his child too.

Axel watched her curiously. What would she say about his words? He said that the child was theirs, not hers, not his, theirs. It meant something to him, as he usually took possession of his children. With the one that they shared now, it was both of theirs. There was just something about Avory that Axel truly liked. And her words caused him hope, something that he thought had died since he got married. “I am glad to hear that you don’t, Avory.” Axel wanted so much just to embrace her, to hold her and call her ‘his’. But it was impossible, unless he was a free man again. “I will be there, and that is a promise. And the name you chose, it is perfect.” Axel needed to tell her what happened, and he was going to tell it now. “Avory, I have something to say. I was…forced to get married because I ended up getting this other woman pregnant before you, and my father found out, and he forced us to get married. I barely know her, I don’t like her. She wanted to kill the embryo and I couldn’t have that… Reason why I am telling you this information is that well, if you had shown up on the tree before she did, then you would have been forced to marry me.” Axel put his hand to his head, “I requested a divorce, but it will take forever for me to get rid of that vile woman.” He hated the situation, and wanted nothing more but to get out of it.

Avory truely smiled with happiness as Axel spoke, she was so glad that he wasn't the type of man to just get her pregnant and leave her to raise the child by herself, he would be there for her and the child, their child. She had longed to see him again and let him know about the child that now grew inside of her, but the fear of being rejected had been too much for her, especially after Keith had kicked her out as soon as he discovered the truth about the father of her child, but she didn't care about him or had she ever - she only cared about Axel and their child. She let out a light chuckle as Axel approved of the name she had chosen, "I'm glad you like it. It should go well with the Zhefarovich name, if you'll let him have it?" she asked him, unsure. She had never dreamed of giving him her own name (her fake name), Zhefarovich seemed like the only suitable name.

Avory, I have something to say.

Avory frowned slightly as she looked into his eyes as he talked. She was unsure why, but his words were not ones to give her hope, she knew something was wrong. Despite this she did not speak, she let him have his say and she would take it, whatever it was. Her worries were quickly confirmed in Axels words, he was married? Avory felt all of her emotions coming together and bundling into one as he continued to talk, she felt like crying due to the fact that he was married, he could never be hers, even though it could have happened, it may have been a forced marriage but she would have happily obliged. Although, she was angry that he was foolish enough to get another woman pregnant.

Above this, she felt confusion, "You requested a divorce? Why? You would be far better staying with your...wife, if she wanted to kill the child at the begining, Merlin only knows what she might do without you to watch over her." She said. The sentence was hard for her to say, he had a wife and she wanted to kill their child. Avory had never wanted to become pregnant, in fact she hated children, but as soon as she found out about Aleric all of that changed, she loved the child more than anything and could never imagine doing such a thing to it. "You never know Axel, you may end up liking her and for the sake of the child..." she trailed off, unable to find the words anymore. She could tell Axel cared about his children, he wanted to be there for Aleric afterall, and even though he didn't like his new wife she knew it was in his best interest to be with her and the child, Avory cared far too much for Axel to worry about her own selfishness of wanting him, it's not like he wanted her - even if he did get the divorce approved.

Axel would have gladly let the child take her name, it would not have mattered to him. Both last names would fit little Aleric. As long as he was there, that was all. Axel shook his head, “Trust me, sometimes I do wish she killed the child than having me marry her. But I just let my morals get to me. I really do not believe in taking a child’s life like…one of mine.” Axel could not help but give her an odd look, and he said, “I can’t stand her. I would not be better with her, even if she is a Death Eater. I kind of…have feelings for another woman, and I truly want to be with her. Besides, I could care less if she was rotting on the side of the road without me watching over her.” Axel rolled his eyes and shook his head. Axel smirked a bit, “After the divorce, if approved, is finalized, I’ll do her a favor and take the child from her. If she hates it so much, then she doesn’t deserve the child. I am not going to ever like her, not in the way it should be through marriage.” Axel could not believe that he was talking so much, spilling so much information but even though it was unlike Axel to do so, he did not mind. “Avory, I could never like Ylva the way I like the other woman carrying my child.” Axel’s lips curled into a subtle smile, and he just hoped that she got the hint. “If it weren’t for you, then I would have just given up, and lived in complete Hell. But I just hope those in higher power can finalize such a divorce.”

As Axel talked Avory took a few deep breaths, something she had become used too during her pregnancy. Her emotions were all over the place and it was not something she was used too, she was normally such a calm and collected person, never showing much emotion, always showing the strong front. Alas, being pregnant had allowed her to loose control over her emotions and it was one thing she didn’t like about it, although she wouldn’t give up being pregnant because of it, she had become to attached to little Aleric to even consider not having him growing inside her right now. Axel’s words flowed through Avorys ear, taking in each and every word and at times becoming confused.

Axel was definitely unlike any thing that Avory had ever encountered before; he had two woman pregnant, married to one and had feelings for a completely different woman? Avory felt her heart sink, she hated herself for becoming so vulnerable, allowing herself to have these feelings for another person, she had gone so long without letting it happen, what was so different about Axel? Despite now knowing her would never return her feelings she still found herself drawn to him and she knew that the feelings would stay with her. She listened to him talk about the divorce, never had she heard of one being so difficult to finalise, but she knew part of the Zhefarovich history thanks to Nicolette so she understood why.

Avory raised her eyebrows as he talked, “Oh..” she said softly as she discovered the woman he had feelings for was also carrying his child. She saw his perfect lips curl into a smile, she was missing something. At his final words realisation hit her, she was the other woman? Smiling she let a knowing, “Oh!” escape her lips. She gazed into his eyes, she couldn’t believe he actually had feelings for her, how lucky was she? “What are the chances of the divorce being finalised?” she asked, now taking more interest in the subject.

Axel could only chuckle when she finally got who he was talking about. He went to the other side of the bench, and he sat down next to her. His arms rested on his legs and his stormy eyes never left hers. Axel bit his lip as he thought. With a half smile on his face, Axel answered, "With hope, not too long. The Patriarch has to seek advice on the situation and how to handle it first before making the final decision. But with my father being the Patriarch and not liking Ylva anyhow, and he might have to speak with you to see if he respects you...more than her, but it is more than likely." Axel sighed, wanting just so much to just get rid of that pregnant leech off his back for good, and well, upgrade to the best right here beside him, if she would have him. Axel wanted to see, to know, if she had any feelings for him. Boldly, he leaned in and his lips grazed hers softly, and he whispered, not moving from his position, "Trust me..."

Avory couldn't be happier now that so much of the confusion in her life was now becoming clearer. Axel cared for her and their child, knowing this was enough to make her happy, never had she thought that she could be so effected by a man, one thing she never wanted herself to do. Growing up she never had the best male role models leading her to never wanting to show any weaknesses around them. Although Axel was different, this she was sure off, and with little Aleric in the equation she finally felt happy with her life, nothing could go wrong.

Avory listened to Axel's words, her gaze never leaving him. Hope started to flow through her, it seemed that the divorce between Axel and the Ylva woman may have a possibility of being granted, which meant she could have him and be able to call him hers. The hope faded a bit when Axel said his father may want to talk with her, of course she had heard all about the famous Asparuh Zhefarovich and it was a daunting thought. Not wanting to talk Avory kept her eyes locked on the beautiful stormy ones in front with her. She sat still as she felt his body getting closer to hers and she felt his lips on hers, a shock went through her body, something she hadn't felt since their last meeting. Pressing her lips back on his she frowned when she felt his pull away slightly. Smiling at his words she whispered back, "I do." Before wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him into her again, claiming his lips. Being pregnant it was normal for her to be hungry, but this wasn't the kind of huner that could be filled with food.

Axel simply adored the feeling he received from Avory. It was so delicious, so breath-taking, and it was enough to send chills down his body. Never had he felt like this for a woman in his life. It was alarming, but Axel did not pull away from her touch. Her words alone drew him in even more. His own arms wrapped around her torso, getting only closer. Strange thing, as their mouths claimed each other, he wanted to get closer. Bond together as one, and not just in a lustful manner. Axel wanted more, and if he wanted to, he could take her here, right on the bench in front of Merlin's eyes and everyone who was watching the couple kiss hungrily. Axel didn't care that he was kissing another woman that was not his wife. Axel adored Avory so much more. She was perfect, made just for him. Axel pulled away, his lungs starved for breath, but not nearly as much as hid body starved for Avory. He chuckled, "You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this... For you."

Electricity ran through Avory's body as Axel's lips move in sync with her own, meshed so well together as if they were made to kiss each other. Avory's hands stayed firm on his neck, never letting him move too far away from her, only ever letting them move up slightly to get tangled in his hair, ever bringing his head closer to hers, wanting to get more of him. Even with her own efforts Avory could feel their bodies becoming closer, but Avory put up no resistance and let her body draw closer to his. The fact that the two were in the public and people could easily see them was so far back in her mind that it never even occurred to her, she was so caught up in the moment, with Axel, that she couldn't care less who saw them.

Feeling Axel pull away she let air quickly rush into her empty lungs. Avory let a smile spread across her lips at his words, to say he took the words right out of her mouth would be an understatement, but after the kiss they just shared; not surprising. "I..." she started off, before a sharp pain shot in her belly, Ow!" she said, letting her hands fall instinctively to her growing stomach. Although the pain didn't last and once it was gone a light laugh escaped her lips, "I think Aleric is happy to see you too." she said looking down fondly at her stomach before letting her eyes rise to find Axel's stormy eyes once again.

Axel did not like that Avory was in pain, but it was just for a moment. Luckily. Maybe, Aleric kicked? Oh, how Axel adored babies, and his own. That means, Avory will have to meet Kamaria, Athena, and Levi. They would adore her. Of course they would adore her. Who would not? Axel put his hand upon her stomach affectionately, and he smiled, “I guess that he knows that his mother and father are together. At long last.” Axel never believed in love at second meeting, because it was only lust at first sight. How else would he ever describe these encounters? The electric shock, the dreams, the child developed. And the perfect fact that they are both Death Eaters. Blood no longer mattered to him. It was just Avory.

Avory watched as Axel placed his hand on her stomach, she knew with the movements of their child, growing inside her that a bonding connection was made. Aleric knew his father was close and Axel knew that his son, well for lack of a better phrase, was alive and kicking. Laughing softly at Axels words she nodded, "We have a smart son." she said, loving how natural the words words were. "At long last." she said softly as she entwined her fingers with Axels as they both felt their son kick and move about inside Avorys womb, she couldn't be happier.

Axel could have blushed when Avory’s hand went in his. The baby was moving, and it was slightly odd. He wondered how it would have felt for her. To have a baby growing inside the person. It was a soft moment, and well, even though he wanted nothing more but to kiss her again, Axel kept his urges inside him. He was really liking Avory, more than anyone in the world. Axel inquired, “Would you like to meet my other children? The mother, she is estranged and won’t be around them anymore, but I am sure Athena will love you anyhow.” Axel wanted to spend more time with Avory, afraid that he would not see her again for a long time.

Avory savored the moment that the two parents-to-be shared, it was a perfect moment and for the first time in 5 months Avory felt at peace. She knew having Axel with her was a big part of this, he just made everything else seem perfect. She looked up from her stomach to his face again as she heard him talk. His words shocked her slightly, she knew he was about to get two children, from two different woman but that wasn't the point, but he already had other children? The only consolation Avory could get from this was that they were from the same woman. Avory was never very fond of children, something Taylor could vouch for, but oddly the news wasn't as hard for her to take as it was the first time she had met Keith. "I'd really like that." she said honestly, it was going to be hard for her but she would try for Axel. If being pregnant had changed one thing about Avory, it was her tolerance with children, but she was beginning to like it.

Axel then remembered something. Athena was back at the house, with Ylva. Ylva would be wondering why in the world is there Avory coming in to meet a child of Axel’s? Wouldn’t that cause suspicion enough? Axel sighed and he bit his lip, “Um, I just now remembered, she is at my house with Ylva.” Axel rolled his eyes irritably. “Unless you want to go there with her there. Best she knows about the divorce sooner or later, and why not flaunt that I have such a better woman than that vile woman?” Axel smirked deviously. What were Death Eaters about than just hurting others? It would be tremendous fun, but Axel could care less. Ylva could not harm Axel. Axel knew how to fight, and if need be, just call in for back up. He had half the active Death Eaters on his side. He was sure that Rayna and Raisa wanted a piece of Ylva anyway.

Hearing Axel sigh Avory raised her eyebrows, what wondered what was wrong, he was the one the invited her to see his children so he wouldn't be backing out of it, would he? Listening to his words Avory felt anger boil within her, she had never met this Ylva person before but the fact she was the one able to call Axel hers was enough reason to dispise her. Hearing his offer Avory, blushing slightly at his compliment, let a sly smirk spread across her lips. She couldn't think of a better way to spend her afternoon than facing the woman that had what she wanted just to let her know she wouldn't have it for much longer. "Sounds fun." she said, her smirk still clear. "Shall we go?" she asked, wanting to have some fun as soon as possible, she had spent too may months being slightly depressed, it was about time she got out and did something she wanted too.

Axel chuckled evilly. It was rare that he got to be evil nowadays. And now, it would just be so fascinating. Athena would love Avory. She was a quiet girl, and withdrawn but soon she will open up to her family now that Emerald was out of the picture. Soon, Ylva will be out of the picture as well. Axel didn't care whether she was pure or not. Axel wanted Avory, and he wanted no one else. Axel stood up, and offered his hand to Avory, for her to take and stand, then they would be off to meet Athena. It would not be much longer when they would be free of the woman, and soon, they could be a family together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back