Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 11" Sturdy Beech Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Just going into the fifth year, and already, the Slytherin was feeling a little tied down. Vixen Zhefarovich-Dolohov walked the cobblestone, with her heels clicking as she walked. With the way she dressed and developed (much like the other women in her family), she appeared much older than what she actually was. She could easily pass for someone that was of age. However, she stayed away from the bars. She heard tales of what happened in there. Vixen also knew that was where her mother met her father. Therefore, she did everything she could to avoid the footsteps of her mother. So far, she was not doing a good job. She was still here, and scorned by those that tore her family apart. Her father's wretched brats attended Hogwarts New Zealand with her. She could hardly bare it. The ones with his true love would be attending other schools but she could not help but wonder, what if her mother never died? Would she still be under the same agony? Would her father have ever found his one true love, died, and then come back as a ghost? Vixen let out a sigh and looked forward with her silvery green eyes.

Vixen decided that her heels were killing her, and she walked over to a bench. She sat down and crossed her legs. Taking off her heel, she rubbed her aching feet. This was a little ridiculous. Whoever invented heels, they were going to hear it from her. However, she wanted to end them with none other than the Dolohov Curse, which she was not allowed to learn until she was out of school. Her uncle Asparuh promised to teach her, since he was taught a long time ago and would teach it to the children of his blood. Vixen would learn it before Ivaylo, if she had her way. However, making things work in her favor so that she could learn it sooner would be really hard to do. Her brain was reeling with thoughts that needed to be done so that she could not become like her mother, and still have whatever she desired. Her dad seemed adamant about her staying at Hogwarts New Zealand. But, she really did not want to stay. She wanted to go anywhere else. Slipping her heel back on, she brushed her blonde hair over her shoulders, and hoped that her mind would come up with ways for escape.

Ash hadn't been in New Zealand very long at this point. He had left Hawaii on the day of his 17th birthday but didn't come straight to New Zealand, actually New Zealand was one of the last places to cross his mind to go live. For a while he lived with his older brother, Seth, who was living in the States. Ash, while he loved Hawaii and constantly missed it, had to get away from home and knew he had to wait until his 17th birthday. Being the oldest male in his family his mother was pushing him to become head of their tribe and that was something that Ash didn't want. He was similar to Seth in that sense as his older brother did the same and left home as soon as he could so he didn't have to become leader of the tribe. It seemed like such an old ideal that was only up held by the elders and not something that any of the younger generation seemed to care about. Living with Seth was great, for a while, being the two older males in the family they were quite close growing up and Ash missed his brother when he left the family home and didn't see him too much as his mother wasn't all too pleased when he left to go live in the States. Now Ash was following iin his footsteps but he really didn't think it was fair that it was up to the males to take on the role of leader of the tribe when the girls were allowed to go to school and get jobs and move away and do what they wanted. Makaylah actually attended school in New Zealand, but that wasn't why Ash decided to stay here. No that was because Seth was on location in New Zealand for a few days and Ash decided to go with him, he instantly fell in love. He didn't mind living with Seth but a big city wasn't what he wanted and New Zealand has some pretty insane beaches which kept his Hawaii blood satisfied.

Now that he had settled in New Zealand, found a job and got an apartment on the nearby beach he decided it was time to go out and explore the nearby wizarding communities. Ash had been home schooled with the rest of the children of the tribe but they believed in wandless magic and focuses mainly on potions, astronomy and history. This was something that Ash resented his mother for and had long since wanted to learn proper magic, to be able to use a wand. He bought one when he moved to the States with Seth but wasn't able to do much with it, mainly because he was embarrassed as Seth was so good at it. Today Ash purchased a copy of beginner spells, luckily it was the start of a new term at the local school so the shopkeeper didn't think it odd that a boy of his age was buying a book for ten year olds. He took to a quiet area of the village, hoping to maybe practice a little. Sitting on a slight hill near a sitting area he flicked through the pages of a book and found a spell that seemed easy, the levitating spell. He often heard people say this so it only took him a few minutes to get the pronunciation right. Picking up a nearby twig he set it in front of him, pointed his wand at it and tried the spell a few times. At best he was able to make the twig move about a little but not move more than an inch off the ground. On one more particular try he was getting annoyed at himself and when he cast the spell he sent the twig flying, straight into the hair of a girl sitting on one of the nearby benches. Shocked at what he did he shot up and ran over to the girl. "I'm so sorry. Are you alright? I don't know how that happened!" he rambled all at once, if he wasn't embarrassed at being bad at magic before he certainly was now.

Vixen placed her hands in her lap, unsure of what she needed to do in order to get away from here. She had to do it. She had no choice. She was not going back to that school. No, she was putting her foot down on that. Vixen was about to get up when she felt a twig or something ensnare within her hair. Raising an eyebrow and muttering, "What in the world..." Did someone really throw a twig at her?! Vixen narrowed her eyes as she fumbled in her hair to get the stick or something out. As soon as she got the stick out, she heard someone apologizing to her. She was asked if she was all right, and he did not know what happened. That accent was definitely not from around here. Vixen's eyes slowly went up to the male, and they widened slightly. He was definitely no student, and he was older. In fact, he should know better than to fling twigs at people. She was expecting a child to have done that, but no, she was looking at the cause. Her eyes narrowed slightly, before she nodded, "Yeah, I am all right. It was just my hair, and a twig."

Vixen stood up from her seat on the bench, and though she was only fifteen, she sure did not look like it. She appeared to be at least seventeen. That might actually work in her favor. Vixen looked down to see what sort of book he was holding. Wait, he had to be a graduate or something. He had to be. But, that was a simple spells book. Almost for squibs, in her opinion, but obviously the spell worked. "Hang on, that book, do you not know how to do magic?" Vixen raised an eyebrow, somewhat suspicious but she was not going to make fun or anything. That was definitely below her. She was not that type of person. Vixen reached inside of her purse and pulled out her wand. She looked at a small pebble, and with the leviatation spell spoke clearly, levitated a couple of them. She looked to the teenager before a smirk slowly spread across her lips. Was this what he was wanting to do? Vixen waited for the answer, hoping that she would hear something that she could work with. Maybe she would see something worthwhile in this. Just maybe.

Ash still couldn’t believe he had just outright hit someone on the back of their head with a twig. Granted it wasn’t intentional and he didn’t really do it himself, it was more by proxy through magic. It really wasn’t his fault that his mother didn’t want him to learn magic – heck even she had had a magical upbringing and got to go to school to learn how to do magic. Living in the modern world now, out on his own, he realised just how backward his upbringing really was and while his teachings in potions and astronomy were interesting they really didn’t help on a day to day basis – this was something he was quickly learning. Ash never really questioned it when he was younger as it was all he ever knew, the men of the tribes had to stay and look after the land and typical magic was not something they really practised. That was all done by the women of the tribe and even Ash’s younger sister got to go to magic school, the one he was really only a stone’s throw away from at this present moment. It wasn’t until his oldest brother rejected the idea of taking over the tribe as he was the eldest male did Ash really start to think about it and knew that staying here wasn’t for him. Ash breathed a sigh of relief when the woman, well she seemed old enough to be a woman and not just a girl, confirmed that she was alright. Not that he thought he had actually hurt her but it was his automatic and gut reaction to ask if she was fine.

Taking a step back as she stood up ash remained silent, not wanting to say anything in case he were to make the matter in anyway worse. Ash followed the eyes of the woman in front of him down as they landed on the book he was holding. It was too late to try and hide it now and when he was asked the dreaded question he felt heat rise in his cheeks. He lifted his free hand and ran his fingers through his hair as he stood there in an awkward pose, not quite knowing what to say. He stopped and stuttered as he tried to say something, anything really, but stopped trying when he watched her levitate a few small pebbles nearby. He knew that this could be taken in a malicious way but Ash didn’t like to think the worst in people – especially those that he had only just met – so he just laughed it off. “Well it’s alright for you, I bet your parents actually let you go to school to learn things like that.” then again, he was assuming, but he figured it was a safe bet.

Vixen was highly intrigued by this man, and wondered if he was going to be one of those that she could end up using in some art or form. He was definitely cute, and his accent was to die for. She blinked her eyes as she waited for her answer, curious on why a wizard as old as he was would not know much about magic. Then she heard the answer she was looking for. His parents did not want him to go to a magical school. Was he a muggle-born? Vixen bit her lip as she murmured, "I see. My parents don't have much say in where I go anymore. They're dead. But, sometimes, the dead don't stay dead." Her parents were ghosts, even her step mother. She could not avoid it, but at least she had someone to talk to, but no one to hold her and tell her that everything would be okay. "I'm Vixen. Vixen Zhefarovich-Dolohov. A mouthful, I know." Her name was rather famous around these parts, and over in Europe. Since she did not recognize his accent, there was a chance that he would not even know her lineage. She could understand that, if his status was up to par.

Vixen thought of a good idea, something that she could only think of. Something that she could have in her favor, and still be free. She wanted away from here, and she might have just seen her ticket out. Plus, she would have to use her looks to gain it. Obviously, he thought that she was around his age. She thanked her great genes for that. She, however, needed to know his heritage, "I'll tell you what, I'll teach you the things I learned from school. Things you can't learn from a book. In exchange, you provide me with a room. I need away from here more than you know. But, first, I need to know your blood status. If you are mud-muggleborn, this cannot work." Vixen was being absolutely forward, but she decided to use something else as allure. She flipped her hair over her shoulder, exposing her neck. This was a trick she learned to lure men into looking elsewhere other than her face, and to get what she wanted from him. Vixen hoped that it would work on a complete stranger, and hoped that he did not realize her true age for a while.

Ash let himself relax and loosened his body to his normal posture now that he didn’t have to be apprehensive about having some girl whale on him for hitting her with a stick. His body was always able to react to situations that could be deemed as fight or flight; it was almost cat-like how his body would tense up while he assessed the situation that he was currently in. He wondered how the girl would react to his comment about his parents not wanting him to learn magic. It was something that was almost unheard off in the wizarding world, and he even knew that when he lived at home, it wasn’t something that he just picked up in the short time he had been living away from home. Ash was mildly surprised at the lack of response; most people seemed to freak out and had a whole load of questions for him when he told them he wasn’t allowed to learn magic. He was going to respond but the girl continued talking and Ash was going to show some sympathy for the poor girl as it seemed like she had lost both parents but she didn’t seem to fussed about it and he last comment was an interesting one. “Ghosts are cool” was all he could really muster out. In his opinion they were cool, there was some ancient spirits still on the land where his family lived and oddly enough they were always the life of the party. “I’m Ashutosh Makwa!” Her name may have been a mouthful but his was just weird – even he thought that. “But please just call me Ash.” he added, much preferring to just go by Ash these days. Anytime someone called him Ashutosh he felt like he was going to be in trouble because that’s what his mother always called him when he was in trouble – which was often.

Ash figured that up until they exchanged names that this would be a chance meeting and they would go their separate ways but before he knew it, Vixen, was going into some sort of deal. This was very strange, to most people, but Ash loved this type of thing. He didn’t like the general run of your mill kind of life, he was very much into taking life by the horns and having an adventure – and this was his kind of deal. Sure the stipulation was weird. Ash knew that he was a Pure blood but he never really cared much about because at the end of the day everyone still bleeds red but he was more than willing to learn magic and if his only payment was giving up his spare room then so be it. “Well I’m Pure Blood if that’s any good to you.” he really didn’t know what she was looking for but saw no reason in not telling the truth. Ash watched Vixen’s delicate movements as she brushed her hair away from near her face. She was very beautiful and Ash could tell that she lived up to her name. “And I mean as long as you don’t mind my second bedroom and living on the beachfront, then you’re more than welcome to it.” He added, still half gazing at her beauty but trying to maintain eye contact. He hoped she wouldn’t mind his choice of location, knowing the beach wasn’t go everyone but he didn’t know if he could give it up so soon after moving to it.

Vixen looked at him with a raised eyebrow before smiling to herself, when he said that ghosts were cool. Well, if he meant literally, then yes, they were pretty cool. They were especially cold when they passed through someone. Vixen heard his name, and though it was a handful, his sounded absolutely foreign to her. He was definitely not from around here. Most of who she met came from other countries anyway. She' was curious to where he was from. He was cute too. She could get along with someone with dashing good looks. "Pleased to meet you, Ash." His name was nice, though she did prefer to call him Ash, since she knew that she could not pronounce his regular name. It was something that she would have to consider if he fell for her little plot to get herself away, while teaching him magic that he could not learn in the book. Vixen was mentally hoping that he would go for it. She was a pretty girl, albeit young, she could still use her appeal to get what she wanted. If she were part-veela, no male would stand a chance against her charms. For now, she had to make sure that everything was in place. Ash did not appear that he was going to say no. in fact, he almost looked interested in what she had to say.

The moment he said that he was pure-blood, Vixen suddenly liked him so much more. She smiled gently, hiding the excitement behind her green eyes. That was perfect. She could not help but confess, "Me too. It will make us working together a lot easier." She revealed that she was prejudice there, but definitely not against him. She would never be prejudice against a fellow pure-blood. In fact, she could not wait to leave here with this man. He mentioned that as long as she did not mind using his second bedroom, and living on the beachfront, then she was welcome to it. Vixen could not believe her luck. He lived on the beach too? "Well, I must say that I don't mind at all. It'd be an excellent way to get a tan in as well." Vixen approached him and slid her arm into his. Her hand rested gently upon his flesh, "Shall we, roommate?" Vixen looked up at him, her eyes dancing with happiness. One might mistake that for excitement for the beach, but she was more excited about being free. And Ash was her ticket out.

Ash wasn't quite sure how both of them being Pure Blooded would make working together a lot easier but he wasn't one to argue or question. He had been hidden from the Wizarding World for so long he wasn't to know that maybe that was the norm and perhaps there was something that did make working with other people easier. This was definitely not how he had planned her day to go, far from it really. Then again, you would have to lead a pretty strange life to expect that something as strange as accidentally hitting a stranger with a stray twig would lead them to becoming your roommate in exchange for teaching you magic…yeah that would be a pretty weird life. Then again, Ash wasn't complaining. He liked the unusual and not having to lead a monotonous life and do the same thing day in and day out. That's one of the things that lead him to leaving his family home, while he loved Hawaii he just needed a change of pace and he could tell Vixen was the person to do that for him. Already she had opened his eyes to a whole new lifestyle that he never imagined for himself.

Ash nodded approvingly when Vixen seemed pleased with his choice of location. He was rather happy with it himself he didn't exactly choose it for the prospect of tanning; having naturally tan skin meant he never had to worry about that. Then again, the idea of watching Vixen tan appealed to him greatly. He caught himself for a moment. Why was he having thoughts like that about a girl he just met? It would have been worse if he knew her real age but luckily he was still oblivious to that fact right now. "Maybe I could even teach you to surf." he offered. She was teaching him something so in exchange he could teach her something new too, that is if she didn't know how too already. Ash watched her as she positioned herself to stand beside him and link arms with him. He felt her hand touch his bare skin and it sent a shiver up his arm and down his spine, but it was a good kind of shiver, like a flow of electricity throughout his body. "Let's do it!" he exclaimed. He explained that he best apparate seeing as he knew where the house was but that he was land just at the entrance to the beach so that they could walk along the beach to the house to give Vixen a feel for the place.

Fin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back