Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 16" Sturdy Mahogany Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Simon had definitely not expected to find anyone in the library and much less in the area that he had been spending the morning studying in. The girl who was stood next to where his chair was and where he was looking to return to was very clearly a young first year like he was, the difference was, where he had come to the library alone, this girl he'd just watch send on of her minions away to do something. How was it possible that so early into school this girl already had minions that would do things for her. He was still muddling through getting a few friends, friends beyond Nixon or that boy that he'd met before school. Neither of those two shared a house with him, so making friends had become more difficult. Friends weren't the primary purpose of being at school, though they were a practical addition to a school career. The part-veela had to stand admiring the girl's ability, before he reminded himself he was not here to watch other people manage to get friends, he was here to get ahead and get ahead he would. Simon clearly his throat, "Excuse me," he pointed to the chair she was in front of and was therefore blocking his way to get to his chair and his ability to study.

Charlotte was finding her way through this castle. She hoped that it would be more than she expected but it wasn't. It was a old castle and she couldn't find anything, did they ever heard of signs or a map, because this was never gonna work. The blonde had met some people and she didn't even knew their names but they already seem to know with who they were dealing. They helped her with finding the libary a place where Charlotte need to spend her time a lot. People could say a lot of the blonde, that she didn't liked to make her hands dirty and that kinda stuff, but she was ambitious and a perfectionist. And for perfect grades and a good future you had to study hard, and the blonde knew that. She wasn't the biggest fan of books, but you needed them to study so the blonde went to the library.

She noticed how quiet it was. Charlotte send the girl that she didn't knew that name of away and went on with searching the books she needed. Ofcourse studying wasn't something she liked the most, shopping and telling people how things should go was more something she liked. But it just had to happen, she wanted to follow her fathers footsteps, and since Matthew wanted to walk a different path the way was open to follow her dad as CEO. When she stood next to a chair she heard a voice beside her. And when she looked at where it came from, she noticed a boy. When she looked at him, she started to smile. It just happend she couldn't help it, he was gorgeous. She didn't understood, she didn't liked boys that much. Mostly they were just annoying and ruining everything. '' What do you want?'' the blonde said with some attitude. He better not be a jerk like most of the boys.

Simon wasn't sure to expect from the girl but he didn't want her to think he'd just be another one of her minions, he had far far more important things to do than do tasks for others. Of course he did. But when she asked what he wanted the boy realised that perhaps he hadn't actually been clear, he had just said excuse me and nothing else, but he thought it would be obvious he was motioning to the chair. However, very clearly it had not been. The young ravenclaw, placed down the books he had been holding, beside the rest of the work that he had just left on the table. There was every indicator that he was sitting there, but she couldn't know that, he couldn't expect her to know that. Her attitude in saying it was unappreciated but he figured that was just how she spoke to most people and who was he to judge. He had better things to do that worry over how a girl in the library on his first day was speaking to him. Simon shook his head at her and pointed to the chair she was standing at. Trying to show her that she was blocking where he'd been sitting.

"I just need to get back to the chair I was sitting at," Simon told her plainly, not looking for a fight, nor claiming that it was his, just that he had been sitting at it, and he needed to get back to it, "I have lots of work to do and would rather sit down and get it done," he told her, "You are more than welcome to share the table, but keep the noise of your minion to a low level," Simon wasn't trying to be rude or get one up on the girl, he was stating fact, what he wanted. The chair and the silence. He didn't need some person bossing someone about every two minutes or someone just standing around there with nothing to do. He took a small step forward, "May I?" he motioned to the chair again and gave her a small smile, hoping that in appearing non-threatening and friendly she would listen to him, and she'd let him do what he needed to do. Simon couldn't believe there was already someone else in the library anyway, surely no one else really had a desire to get ahead besides him.

The blonde didn't really understand what the boy ment with excuse me, he sure wanted attention but for what? Charlotte liked attention too, and if she didn't got it she would find a way of getting it. She wanted to be in the spotlight and nobody else could have more than she had. Perhaps that was why she got a lot of attention at home. Matthew was older ofcourse and he was more independent, but he was more calm and quiet as she was. But there had to be a difference right? As Charlotte looked at the pretty boy she was curious what he had to say. He seemed not a very childish boy, but serious and that interested her. She hated boys mostly, so childish and stupid and only annoying. She wanted to know his name and he had to know her name ofcourse. People had to know her name, that was the point. Then the boy said he needed back the chair where he was sitting, and Charlotte frowned at first. If he wanted to sit he could sit right? What did she had to do with, it wasn't like there was not enough space here. She looked at the chair behind her, and than she got it. '' You mean this chair, where I am standing in front of?'' she saw something lying on the table so perhaps he just stood up to get a book. And Charlotte wasn't planning on staying that long. '' There are a lot of chairs here, and you really need the one I am standing in front of.. how curious. You just wanted to talk to me right?'' the blonde said with a bright smile. She was just teasing him, she loved teasing people.

When the boy went further with what he wanted to say, the blonde knew for sure he was very serious. He had a lot to do and he seemed ambitious just like her. '' What where you doing? Preparing for lessons?'' Charlotte asked the boy, she got more interested in him. He seemed so different than every boy she had ever met. Mostly she was hanging out with girls, but having a boy on her side would not be so bad either. But she frowned for a moment when he said the word minion, what did he mean? Minion, what was that? But than she got it, the girl who just left. What a lovely name was that.. minion. Charlotte started to smile this boy was handy. '' Minion, that's a good name. I didn't knew her name but now I've found one, thanks!'' He brought her on ideas, a group of minions, it sounded like followers. Charlotte was curious if she could find some minions around the school. She had to play it clever, to just call someone a follower or minion wouldn't work. She had to earn their trust first, a little bit of her acting class came in handy now. The boy still wanted to sit and Charlotte saw no reason of standing in his way for that. '' Yeah sure, you can sit. I'll join you. I came here to prepare myself, because I'm going to be very succesfull.'' Charlotte went sitting in front of the boy and looked at some books that were lying on the table. The blonde was wondering which classes she would like the most, she had a feeling not everything would be fun. '' I'm Charlotte Harper by the way, who are you?'' The blonde wanted to know the name of this boy, he had got her attention and that was rare.

The boy was a little surprised when she asked which chair it was, despite it being the only one she was blocking, but since she continued he decided to hear the girl out, "If I wanted to talk to you, I would, I wouldn't be asking about some chair," he told her bluntly, it was of course the truth had he wanted to speak to her then he wouldn't make up some story about a chair, but he was here for the chair, not for the girl. She might be pretty but he wasn't interested yet. He was more interested in getting ahead and being confident in all his classes and this could not be a thing if she was blocking his way to do just that. Which was why of course he went into more detail hoping to appease the girl and get the chair. It seemed to work, since she asked what he was doing, that was a positive thing and it certainly seemed to please her, "Of course, getting ahead, reading ahead," the boy replied as if it was plainly obvious, "If I'm going to be the best, I'm going to have to work for it," he didn't know what this girl's work ethic was, but with the fact she had others doing things for her he was skeptical.

Though of course, perhaps she just had others do little things so that she wouldn't be as distracted. He had been distracted in having to fetch a book for himself, which she would not be with her minion. But it appeared to work, she was moving away from his chair and he was able to quickly reclaim it. He didn't even mind that she wished to join him, "Thanks," and by the fact she too was looking to get ahead, that he could definitely respect. Though introducing herself and continuing the quiet conversation did seem to go against it. He smiled politely, "I'm Simon Vanity, Ravenclaw," he motioned to his uniform with a wave of his hand. He had some burning questions for Charlotte, but he was supposed to be studying, though he could take a little break, talk to her a little and then go back to work, "So, why the minion?" he could maybe understand why others did it, why people followed one, or did things for them, but he didn't really understand why this girl needed one, "I guess some people are just desperate for friends," he muttered, not talking about charlotte, but more the minion she now had.

This boy was really interesting. He was directly and she could respect that, she hated people that kept talking but never really said what they wanted too. She threw her hair to the back as he mentioned he was more here for the chair. Whatever the blonde thought. Charlotte always thought the world was about her and she liked believing that. If people weren't interested in her she said to herself they were just jealous of her and she never really got hurt by people. She really looked at her father, she was a strong personality and she learned from her dad to not get hurt. Ofcourse there were things were she could get hurt off, mostly by people that she loved. She hated people betraying her and she was a girl that would take revenge for it, she wouldn't cry with her mommy or daddy for a long time, she was straight to the point. She took place at the table with the boy and listened to his talking. It was nice to listen and look to him, as he had something that got her interest. It seemed like it was automatic that she had to look at him and it felt strange. As he told her he was reading to prepare himself and to be come the best of the best her smile got brighter. He was almost perfect! This had to be someone she would have on her side. She really hoped he would become the best, because that would help her too with a good reputation. '' Wow, you are a ambitious one aren't you?'' the blonde started off with a teasing smile. She was ambitious too and she would become succesfull too. '' Well you've got some competition I'm guessing. I want to become a very succesfull witch, so there is room for you as best wizard in our year or even the school and me as the best witch.'' Charlotte was serious about becoming the best witch, because she knew she was, but she wasn't here to compete with the boy. It was more like a compliment to the boy that she admired his strength.

She already saw it before her, she and Simon as the boy introduced himself becoming the best of their year. She didn't knew how far Simon's ambition went. She could imagine he wanted to become the very very best. If they would team up nobody could ever beat them the blonde thought. With a smile on her face she looked dreamy in front of her for a moment. He was in Ravenclaw and the blonde had figured that already out, since she noticed his uniform. '' Nice to meet you Simon. I'm from Slytherin as you might have seen. Where do you come from?'' the blonde was willing to get to know him more. She was so interested in the boy, she never really made real friends not equal ones but he came close to perfection like herself. She had to laugh for a moment when he asked her about the minons the name he made up for her. '' Well.. People just want to be like me I guess. Since I was little people always kept following me around. I think they want to be my friend indeed. You know it is handy to have people around you who help you out with some stuff. But they can't do anything for me. I'm making my own homework, because I am the only one who can make it perfect, since I want a perfect grade.'' Charlotte was a social butterfly, she could easily talk to people. She knew lots of people didn't liked her, but she didn't care. They were all jealous and too pathetic, she already had met some girls who she didn't liked at all.

Simon looked at the girl and nodded, of course he was ambitious, he was in the library on the first day, of course he was, but he had just met her and then maybe it could be excused by that. The ravenclaw was surprised when she said she was too. That he had some competition. The boy wasn’t sure that she knew what she was saying to him, because competition he took very seriously. He didn’t want to be second best, he wanted to be the best, there was nothing else he wanted. The boy would compete with her in being the best, and the way she pitched it, he was okay with, as long as it made her feel better when he was the best. Simon smirked, ”I’ll still be better,” he told her with a smile, definitely trying to goad her into really taking the competition between them seriously. He liked the idea of having someone specifically be an opponent to him was really exciting. No one else in their year had so much as presented themselves as a competition, but they hadn’t even had their first class yet. That would show more of what people were like and who was his biggest competition. He wouldn’t mind this girl, Charlotte, she seemed nice though driven, and he could definitely respect it. Someone who was driven was exactly what he liked, they could compete, and he wanted to come out on top, but he would respect it.

The boy nodded, and smiled slightly as she said she was in Slytherin, that kind of made sense to him, why she had minions at all, it made sense from what he had gathered and read about that house. He nodded at Charlotte, oddly curious about why she wanted to know where he was from, the past didn’t really matter when they were both ambitious and working towards goals of doing well, ”I was born in France, but I’ve lived in New Zealand for at least four years,” he told her, ”I don’t mind where I am, as long as I can do well,” The boy then added thinking that was something he could say. However, he knew to return the question, even though her accent made him think he could definitely get where she was from right, ”Where are you from?” he asked. Then he was able to listen to what she was saying. He was glad that at the very least she used her minions only for small things and not to help her with grades. He wouldn’t have minded whatever she was doing with them, it wasn’t for him to involve himself in but of course it devalued it slightly, and their competition too, but of course it wasn’t. Simon smiled at her, ”you have to work for a perfect grade,” the part-veela agreed, ”What are you looking forward to class wise?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back