Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Wenge Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Slowly but surely, Hyun was starting to get to grips with the layout of his new school and where everything was. Of course, it was impossible to have the whole school mapped out within a couple of days of arriving, but he was sure he would get to grips with everything soon enough. Besides, he knew where the important things were: his common room, the dining hall, quidditch pitch, and the library. The last thing on that list where he was planning on heading for a bit of extra studying now that breakfast was over and done with, but he appeared to have taken a wrong turning somewhere along the way and, while he didn't want to admit it, he was rather lost. The corridors around here all looked the same and the school could do with a handy map or something, but he supposed without that on hand, he was just going to have to ask for directions. "S'cuse me," he interrupted the first person he happened to see, smiling as he walked a little closer, "Is this the way to the library?"

Dominic was feeling a little bit stressed. He had a lot on his plate this year, with his captain duties and trying to think ahead about what he would be doing when he graduated at the end of the year. His parent's wanted him to apply to colleges, but that was a little hard to do when you spend most of your time in a wizard school with no internet. Dominic was just going over his lists of things to do when he heard someone ask him a question. "Uh yeah?" he said, breaking out of his train of thought and looking around to see who had approached him. It was a younger boy who apparently needed directions. "Oh yeah, just keep going down the hall and it's on the right. You really can't miss it." he explained with a warm smile, always happy to help when he had the chance. But he was also confused. The boy looked too old to be a first year and, he would hope, most students would know where the library was by then. "Are you new?" he asked curiously.

He was just thankful that he appeared to ask someone who was actually willing to help him out and not just tell him to work things out by himself. "Really?" He was a little surprised that he was so close and didn't even realize it, turning his head to glance the way he had just been pointed. "Thanks, I probably would have ended up going in the opposite direction or something," which would have just been dead embarrassing and a complete waste of his time. But the question had him smiling, nodding his head just a little, "Yeah, I just transferred here, so I'm still trying to get used to the place and working out where everything is. Clearly that still needs some work." He did have to laugh just a little at his own words. Hopefully, he would get the hang of things before too long and wouldn't make a habit of getting lost.

Dominic smiled as the other boy looked surprised reaction to his directions. He remembered being impossibly lost at least once a week his first year, even with his brothers’ help. “Yep! I know, a lot of the hallways can look the same at first and it can take a while to get your bearings. But you'll figure it out.” he said sympathetically. “And if you see me around, don’t hesitate to ask for help.” he insisted. “Oh cool! Where did you transfer form?” he asked curiously. They didn’t get too many transfer students and Dominic always found learning about the different wizarding schools fascinating. He had been to Beauxbatons twice now but it was for quidditch games so it wasn’t like he had a chance to look around.

Getting lost wasn't exactly the most fun experience, in fact, it was just incredibly annoying and was going to make him late to all his classes. Which was certainly not going to stand and he was sure his parents would not be pleased if they found out he was late to something. Oh no, they still expected top grades out of him. "I certainly hope so," he offered with a small laugh. Though he was sure the older boy was right, it wasn't going to be too long before he properly got his bearings and didn't get lost in the hallways every five seconds. "But thanks, dude," and he did appreciate the offer as well, most people probably wouldn't be so nice about it. "Me? Oh I came from Mahoutokoro before coming here," he smiled.

Dominic nodded sympathetically until he remembered something. “I could always make you a map.” he joked. “My brother actually made me one when he got annoyed with me always asking him questions. I might even have the original somewhere.” he said thoughtfully. He was pretty sure it was in his room somewhere. He doubted he would have thrown out the old thing on purpose. "That's the school in Japan right?" he asked excitedly. "That's so cool. What was that like? I'm sure being here is a pretty big change then."

The offer of a map did make him laugh just a little, shaking his head ever so slightly, "Thanks for the offer, but I'm sure I'll pick it up in no time." It was just a little silly to be walking around with the map, though he could see how it might be useful to actually have one. But Hyun was sure he would be fine, it didn't take him very long to get used to Mahoutokoro when he first arrived there, so he doubted Ilvermorny was going to be too much of a struggle. "That's the one," he grinned, nodding his head a couple of times, "But it wasn't really that different from here. Having to speak English instead of Japanese all the time is about the only massive change I've had to get used to."

Dominic smiled as the other boy laughed at his offer. “Alright, alright.” he said with a shrug and laughed, but made a mental note to look for the map later anyways. If he didn’t want it that was find, but he did want to know where it had gone off to and maybe he would run into another lost student who would actually want it. “That’s so cool.” he said enthusiastically. “Wow. I’m impressed. I don’t know how well I would handle having to to school work in a different language. The only other language I know is Spanish and it’s a little rusty at best.” he said with a laugh.

He did feel a slight blush to his cheeks as the other boy seemed to think that speaking Japanese was cool. "Ah, it was alright, really," he supposed it was a good thing he was quick at picking up new languages otherwise he was sure it would have bee a lot harder than it had been. "But I actually speak three languages. English, Japanese and Korean," as he spoke he listed them off on his fingers like it was no big deal. And, in a way, it wasn't to him. He had been brought up speaking Korean and English fluently anyway, adding Japanese onto that for school hadn't been that hard. "But Spanish is cool," he added with a smile, not wanting to seem as though he was bragging about his language skills or anything.

"Wow three?" Dominic said curiously. He noticed the way the other boy seemed to brush off his compliment, but he couldn't help but feel impressed. Languages weren't very easy for him to learn and he had found out the hard way when he tried to pick up some conversational French so he could speak with the Beauxbatons team after their games. He only got a few phrases down before he gave up. He nodded along as he listed the languages he knew, and Dominic had to laughed when he added something about Spanish being cool too. "Thanks. I did learn it as a child so I don't know how impressive it really is." he admitted playfully.

Hyun smiled a little with a small nod of his head, "Yeah. Well, Korean is sort of a given because I am Korean so grew up speaking that since I was a toddler so it's not really that impressive. English as well because it's a useful language to know." He laughed a little, ruffling up the back of his hair as he shifted his shoulder. It would have not made much sense if he didn't even know the language of his own culture, and he was quite sure his parents wouldn't have stood for that anyway. And he was thankful they also made him grow up bilingual and learn English as well as that was certainly coming in helpful now he was Ilvermorney. He didn't want to think about how hard things would be if he couldn't speak English very well. "But nah, Spanish is cool. Not many people outside the countries which speak it anyway know it." And he supposed the same could be said for Korean and Japanese as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back