Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 14" Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Sam sighed as she placed her books on the table with a thud; startling a few students. She pursed her lips but ignored them, and pulled the chair back before sitting on it. She rubbed her eyes, then stretched and took a deep breath. She could do this. Sam didn't have to be nervous about it at all, but it was the pressure she felt that made her more paranoid. She decided to relax, even though it was a little hard for her to do, before she opened her first textbook - Astronomy. The subject where she knew she could do really well in. It would set the mood for when she revised all of her other subjects, in particular Flying and Defence Against the Dark Arts. Sam read her notes, taking extra ones she could have missed and figuring out some methods according to each section, for her to remember everything easier. She hardly noticed anyone else nearby, and she tried to ignore also the constant chatter or whisper that seemed to be escaping from a few students as they usually did in a library. The place couldn't always be super quiet.
<i></i>

Jacob wanted to learn more about the stars they had talked about in astronomy. He grabbed a big book from the shelf and looked around for a seat. All of the tables seemed to be filled and he didn't want to learn at the Ravenclaw common room. It was way too chatty and busy there and he preferred the more quiet space of the library. Jacob smiled and walked to a table were he spotted another first year. He seated himself down and started to look at his book.

He completely forgot to say anything to the girl and when he was one star in he decided it was pretty rude of him. ''Sorry, I completely forgot to ask if this chair was free'' Jacob muttered almost silently. His cheeks grew a faint colour of red. ''I am Jacob'' Jacob sounded like a total idiot, he wasn't that great at these conversations.

Sam found Astronomy to be the most interesting out of all her classes, which was saying a lot since she found all of them great, except for Flying. She disliked that subject and was really glad that the semester was almost over. When someone sat down next to her the first year glanced up briefly, sending the boy in her year a small smile before burying her head in her book again, writing quite a lot. When the boy spoke, Sam looked up again, not wanting to be rude about telling him she wanted to study. But maybe, getting to know more of her fellow classmates wouldn't be so bad. "It's okay, you can sit here," she told him, she didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. "Sam," she said simply, introducing herself. "So...are you enjoying Hogwarts so far?" she asked.

Astronomy was interesting and Jacob was thinking of becoming an astronomer. Not that he was already picking his job, but it did sound interesting. Jacob folded the page over and looked at the pictures. They looked amazing and so vibrant. He wished he could visit the moon one day, maybe there were magical spells for that. When the girl said he could sit here he was glad. ''Thanks'' he muttered softly. Sam was a nice name, but he didn't want to say anything about it. That might come over as extremely creepy. ''Eh, I love astronomy, but I am still iffy about the real magical subjects'' He held up the book he was reading and smiled. Jacob was bad at transfiguration, he only excelled at flying. Maybe he was only good at flying and astronomy. That could be it right. ''What about you?'' He asked Sam.

Sam smiled softly as Jacob thanked her, she didn't know what to say to that so she remained quiet and glanced at her work once more before looking up at her classmate. "I love Astronomy, too. It's my favourite. The others are okay I guess," she said, though what she was really thinking was that all subjects were great and Astronomy was just the best. She didn't find it necessary to go against what Jacob was saying however so she told him a half truth. "Other than classes, it's okay." That was sincere. "I haven't made many friends yet but I have met a few people in our year."
<i></i>

Jacob was still the most awkward idiot around and he hoped it didn't rub off on anyone. When the girl said that astronomy was the best as well he smiled, it was true well in his eyes it was. ''The rest of the subject are just more difficult, but I expect potions to be a lot of fun as well, but we hardly did anything this year at potions'' Jacob muttered, that was the longest sentence he had said in a full year, that meant something. He was starting to be comfortable around this girl, which was odd. Jacob nodded when she mentioned making friends. It was hard since everyone was so different. ''Making friends is hard, everyone is so different'' It almost sounded like a confession and Jacob mumbled through his speech.

Sam was relieved when Jacob smiled, making the situation and interaction in particular a lot less awkward. She hated awkwardness. He was muttering so Sam had to lean forward a little in order to both hear and understand exactly what the boy was saying. "Oh," she frowned. "I don't have Potions this semester, so I guess I'll find out the next one." The way Jacob was talking about the class made Sam think whether it was the professor, whom she had yet to meet, or if it was just what they were doing that bothered him. Or maybe it could be both. "It is hard," she agreed quietly, though she didn't really feel like expanding on that right now. She didn't want anyone to find out her mother passed and the reason for making friends being hard for Sam was the fact that she seemed to withdraw herself from a large group of people. "But I mean, I‘m talking to you right, so it can't be that difficult." She sent Jacob a smile, trying to lighten up the mood a little.

Jacob was finally making a conversation that wasn't scary. He wanted to make sure Sam understood him about potions. He didn't want to come over as rude.''Don't get your hopes up if you wanted to brew potions. The Professor is a bit odd he tends to sing and is a bit theatrical, but he isn't bad. I just wanted to brew my first potion.'' To some people making friends was easy, but Jacob was way too much of a lone ranger. He didn't need company so he never went out to seek it. ''That is true'' Jacob smiled back and looked back at his astronomy book. Sam was way more interesting at the moment than the book was. ''Talking to you is easy, which is odd for me'' Jacob said honestly. His cheeks turning a faint color of pink.

Jacob was trying to make up for what he was saying, and to clarify what he was saying about Potions. She raised her eyebrows a little, but didn't comment on it, she would just have to see for herself. "I assume he wants to keep things interesting, as opposed to boring lectures like the rest of the other classes. I like the idea of that, I think. I mean, not the teacher singing, just the different way of teaching." Sam was not sure how professional it was to sing for your students, especially first years, some, like Sam herself, who had no idea what Potions would be like. "My brother is second year and he doesn't brew potions yet either," Sam added to Jacob‘s point. Xavier had told her whatever he could about the classes, and Sam had obviously taken all the points. Sam couldn't help but smile at Jacob as he said that talking to her was easy, it was a very sweet thing to say. These past almost two years had been somewhat of a nightmare and the Slytherin felt like she was finally making a good friend again. "Talking to people isn't normally that hard for me, but coming to a new school with so many faces can be overwhelming."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back