Gardens are Dangerous..

Vivienne Esquire

OOC First Name
Helena
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Vivienne loved the gardens. They were probably her favourite place in Hogwarts. Every free afternoon she had, she would take her stuff and just go exploring. Each time she found a new part that was better than the rest. This day was no exception. As she entered the clearing, she looked around, taking in the wondeful atmosphere. There were quite a few people around, so Vivienne was surprised she hadn't been here before. Looking for a quite place to sit, she saw that all the benches were taken. All but one. On the far side of the clearing, in front of a magnificent fountain, was a large stone bench. Making her way towards it, she noticed a few people were giving her funny looks. As she went to sit down, she heard an older boy call out to her.

"I wouldn't sit there if I were you!" He said, as his group of friends all starting laughing.

Vivienne looked at the bench. It didn't have paint on it, and it didn't look enchanted.. but you could never be certain when it came to Hogwarts. Gingerly, she sat down, and looked up as she heard the same people laughing again.

"Oh no, she's really in for it now!" Another girl laughed. "We've gotta stick around to see this."

Vivienne considered leaving, but didn't want to give them the satisfaction of scaring off an impressionable first year. There was probably nothing wrong with the bench.. maybe..

Isabella had just finished having a snack in the Great Hall with a few of her friends when she decided to go out for a walk as the last of the fall weather was still around. Soon she'd have to start wearing her tights and stockings because it was going to get cold, but for now she just wore her proud Slytherin uniform. She adjusted her crossover tie as she walked towards the garden, thinking about planning out the first Fashion Club meeting. She was exicted for that.

She entered the garden, glad that people were avoiding her bench as usual, however this time they had a different look on their face, one of excitement somehow. Isabella raised her eyebrows wondering what the reason was for their sudden excitement of her arriving, usually they tried avoiding her. She shrugged and walked over to the center of the garden where her bench was with the best view of the fountain.

As soon as she got there however she noticed someone sitting there, and it dawned on her that people were excited to see Isabella put this girl in her place. She walked over to her and crossed her arms over her chest, raising an eyebrow and looking her up and down. She realized the girl looked a lot like her, but Isabella would never say it out loud. "What do you think you're doing?" she asked in a patronizing voice as if the girl was supposed to know what she was talking about.

Just as Vivienne opened her notebook, she heard a sharp voice that made her snap it shut from fright.

"Oh! You gave me a fright," Vivienne said laughing lightly. Her smile slowly faded as she looked up and realised what this girl had said. "Uhh.. I'm writing. I write songs.." She said nervously. This girl didn't look like one to mess with.

Isabella gave the girl a completely fake small smile when she said she gave her a fright. Good, Isabella thought smugly. "I don't care what you're doing, I meant what do you think you're doing sitting there. On my bench." Bella said, stressing the last part, especially the 'my' part.

She heard a few excited whispers from the students around but rolled her eyes as she looked at the girl waiting for an explanation.

Vivienne raised one eyebrow surprisedly as she realised what the girl meant. "Umm.. I'm sorry, but there's lots of room. These benches aren't reserved are they? But if it means that much to you, I'll move over a bit.." She said, shuffling right to the end. "See? You can still fit three other people here.." Vivienne said with a smile. She could see that the girl hadn't taken an immediate liking to her, but she was confident that she could win her over.

Isabella let out a small laugh as the girl motioned for her to sit next to her. "Haven't you noticed that people avoid this bench for a reason," she said with a smirk on her face as she looked around as if to point out the obvious. "It is reserved, for me," she said sternly, clearly dismissing her offer to sit next to her.

"Reserved? And why is that? The plaque right here says 'Donated to all the students of Hogwarts New Zealand by the Ministry of Magic'.." Vivienne said, pointing to the plaque.

She was usually one to avoid trouble, but this girl was turning out to be overtly rude. Vivienne wasn't used to being treated badly, and she wasn't going to let that change now. However, it wasn't her place to judge people she didn't know, so she was determined to win this battle without losing her dignity.

"I'm Vivienne by the way. And you are?" She said, her smile still genuine.

Isabella rolled her eyes and tried not to just yell at the girl. Her niceness was too sweet for Isabella's liking and it was making her sick. "There are unwritten rules about this place," Bella said pointing to the garden around her. "It may be donated to all the students, but that's my spot," she said nudging her head on the bench she was sitting. Everyone else seemed to follow the rule, why couldn't this little girl do the same?

"Vivienne," she repeated with a slight sneer. "I'm Isabella Chaos," she said with a smirk, as if she were supposed to know who she was. "What house are you in?" she interrogated her, already knowing it couldn't have been Slytherin.

Vivienne couldn't help but laugh slightly when Isabella mentioned the 'unwritten rules'. She had never understood the point of a hierarchy at school. But then again, she had been shielded from that as a child. She was probably too innocent for her own good.

"Isabella.. nope, I don't think I've seen you around before. You must not be in my house. I'm in Hufflepuff." Vivienne said casually. She regretted it as soon as it left her lips, as Vivienne remembered how Slytherins treated Hufflepuffs. Looking at Isabella's uniform, she prayed that she was wearing someone else's uniform.

Isabella clenched her jaw when the girl said she'd never seen her around before. That confirmed to Isabella that Vivienne was a first year. "A Hufflepuff?" Isabella said as her jaw dropped. "I should've known," she said rolling her eyes at the girl.

She sighed, not letting her impatience get the better of her and said, "Look Vivienne, let this be your warning now never to sit there again," she said firmly as she narrowed her eyes on the girl. "Or cross me in any way possible. You don't want to be on the receiving end of my hexes," she said with a devilish smirk as she brushed her bangs out of her eyes.

Vivienne laughed at the girls reaction to her house. At least she hadn't punched her. "Uhh yes, Hufflepuff. I take it you don't have 'Badger Pride', then?"

Vivienne's smile was wiped of her face when Isabella threatened to hex her. "Are you threatening me?" She asked incredulously. "Look, I'm only sitting here because everywhere else is taken. If it helps you sleep at night, you can take my word for it when I tell you I won't sit here again."

Vivienne wondered if she'd spoken too soon about the punching thing.

Isabella crossed her arms with her notebook still in her hand as she stood over the girl. "No. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm a Slytherin," she said with a small smile. Geez did this girl really not notice her green uniform? Isabella thought rolling her eyes.

Isabella smirked when she was able to wipe the smile off her face and responded simply with, "Don't think of it as a threat, more as a warning." She raised her eyebrows and smirked in triumph as she said she wouldn't sit here again. "Good," she said coldly, now putting her hands on her hips.

Vivienne noticed the girl was holding a notebook. "If you don't mind me asking, what are you writing?" She asked politely. "And yes, I noticed you were in Slytherin. I was just wondering why you hate Hufflepuff so much."

Vivienne laughed again as the girl mentioned a warning. She seemed to take everything so seriously and personally, very unlike herself. "Right.. I'll keep that in mind then.." She said, before flicking open her own notebook to jot down a few lines.

Isabella rolled her eyes as the girl still hadn't moved and was still trying to be patient but she didn't know how much longer she could keep it up. She gave the girl a small fake smile before saying, "Not that it's any of your business, but I'm writing ideas for my first Fashion club meeting. I'm the leader," Isabella said proudly. Isabella was also a writer but she didn't think that this little girl needed to know. "I need my spot to be able to get creative ideas flowing," Isabella said clearly hinting that she needed to move now.

"Oh, the Fashion Club? I signed up for that. It.. sounds fun, I bet you'll be a great leader." Vivienne smiled gingerly, hoping she wouldn't be banned from the club for annoying Isabella.

"Right, creative ideas, sorry about that.." Vivienne said, moving her bag onto her lap to make even more room on the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back