Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Fluid
Wand
Curved 14" Flexible Elm Wand with Veela Hair Core
Noemie's adventures around the school had been taking on many different forms, and eventually she had grown bored of exploring the different sections and was adjusting herself into a routine that could be carried on to her general life in the school, when the classes they all had eventually started back up. The young Ravenclaw had spent the afternoon running, she had much liked doing that when she was at home, and she didn't see why she couldn't continue to do that in school, but it was too early for any kind of dinner or food and it had left the girl feeling pretty exhausted, so after having gotten her things from by the lake and begun reading the book in her cool down process, she decided to try to find the kitchens that the girl knew about, she had read about them, and while she knew how to get to them in the other hogwarts, there was less written about this one and she wasn't entirely sure where they were, but, she knew they had to be somewhere in the lower levels of the school.

But, after walking around for a while, Noemie figured she must have taken a wrong turn because all of a sudden she was faced with a room with more arts things than anything else. It had musical instruments dotted around the place, and art supplies which made her wonder if this was the school's substitute for the more creative arts. In any case Noemie decided she quite liked the room, and so sat herself down in one of the chairs and opened up her book, she felt like this room would be one of the less frequented areas of the school and therefore an area that would make for good collective studying and the art supplies would be good for exam revision, so while she hadn't found what she wanted, she had found something of use to her, and as long as no one used their instruments or made too much noise while she was there, Noemie doubted she would ever have an issue.

I am a terrible, terrible person. The thought echoed in Zara's head as she hurriedly collected her sheet music, jamming it messily in to an already crammed folder and swinging the strap of her violin case over her shoulder. Scratching her cat behind the ear -- to which he recoiled at, the brat -- she hastily bid a dorm-mate goodbye before rushing out of the dormitory.

Due to Zara's constant explorations of the castle, and general awe over her new home, she had missed one of her scheduled practice sessions; a dreadful, even sinful act by Zara's books. Wretched, especially when considering the haven she discovered earlier on one of her school wide expeditions. Beautifully occupied with art supplies and a variety of instruments, Zara knew she had more or less found her ideal practice room for her routine violin practice sessions; good thing too, she was beginning to think she'd never find a place!

And now she just had to go and mess up her schedule. A scowl gracing Zara's normally blissful features, she all but stalked in to the Hogwarts Arts Room, her stiff gait a cause of her own disappointment. She came to a halt though as she realized she was not alone; a girl she knew to be in her year inhabiting the same space, book open as she seemed to be... Studying? Maybe it was theory work, Zara reasoned, curiosity taking over as she swiftly made her way over to her focused classmate, peering over her shoulder to take a look at her activities. "Well that's not musical theory," Zara announced, confusion on her face as she spoke. She glanced again. "Or sheet music. Whatcha doing here, Noemie?" the lioness questioned, recalling the girl's name from a couple of her classes. She was one of the smarties, Zara knew.</SIZE>

OOC: thank youuuss for setting it up. I would have liked your post but for some reason I can't like anything >.<

<SIZE size="50">​

<i></i>

Noemie had found that this was indeed a very comfortable place for her to study, it had the right kind of atmosphere it was lovely and just nicely homely without it being too loud or filled with people, she couldn’t imagine it ever being filled with more than a small handful using any of the various arts or musical equipment so she doubted that she would ever been too bothered by the others who took up the room as a study location like she was mentally deciding to. The place had a little bit of a feel to it that she was definitely keen on, and so as Noemie just read the book she'd brought with her, she found herself sitting more comfortably, getting more engrossed in the book she was reading until a girl stood in front of her and started speaking.

The part-veela glanced up suddenly at her, a little startled by the arrival of someone to the room, thinking herself mostly alone in it and not having to worry about much else. She glanced at her book however and could admit that perhaps she wasn't studying the right things in the room, but it didn't say anywhere that she had to be studying or reading things to do with the arts or things within the room. The young ravenclaw frowned a little, "Reading," she replied to Zara, the gryffindor she remembered from the classes she had, "It doesn't say I can't just read," she challenged a little nervously since she didn't want to be proved wrong and she assumed that she was correct, "And in any case this is the arts room, and technically any book is a piece of art, unless you define art too narrowly," Noemie wasn't looking to argue with her, but she was just putting across that there could be a larger definition of art if she wanted to.

"... and technically any book is a piece of art, unless you define art too narrowly," Zara blinked a bit, not taken aback nor offended by the testy tone, but considering her statement. Although she didn't think the girl was wrong, per se, she rather not think of potions or history or school in general as art. Art was fun and beautiful, and school was, well, not as much. It was cool and special and magical and everything, but there was a distinct difference between the artsy kind of beautiful that she considered to belong to this room, and the beauty that was magic. But she wasn't really sure she felt like explaining it... Too much to do!

"Suppose you're right; though, I would have to say that some art's just prettier than others," Zara finally shrugged with a chuckle, determining she didn't care too much either way. And with that, she resumed business as usual, chucking down her folder at the table, setting her case gently down at the table as well. "Hope you don't mind if I join you. What you working on?" Zara announced out of politeness, not waiting for a response as she sat down at the chair beside the Ravenclaw and pulled out some sheets. "Got some transposing to do, and some playing as well." And she was already at work, pulling out a pen and continuing to quickly scribble on some notes on the sheet music. She hesitated, looking up for a second at her Ravenclaw companion. "But I'll play softly, don't worry." And then she finally shut up, having got in everything that she wanted to say.

Noemie was pretty glad about the reaction that this girl, Zara was giving her about what she had said, it was a pretty obvious reaction she thought, since of course everything was art if one tried hard enough, and while she had said it to prove a point, Noemie did wholeheartedly believe that anything could be art if one looked at iron a certain way, a book was someone's art, a maths equation another in her mind restricting art to purely a painting or a drawing was too narrow, she doubted that author would call themselves an artist so only in the way a person described themselves would it actually matter what was art. Noemie smiled, satisfied as this girl gave an answer to what she had posed, conceding that Noemie was right and Noemie just smiled and nodded, flick a strand of her hair away from her face as she did so, not taking her eyes off Zara and just nodded at the statement, some art was pretty than others, that Noemie could concede.

Although she might have otherwise minded about what this girl in front of her did, and definitely wouldn't enjoy someone practicing in the common room given that this was technically the space for people to practice such instruments it would be wrong of her to tell Zara to not practice, to not have a go at her, "I'm reading ahead, for astronomy," she told her showing the book to her, before just turning the page as she set the book back down on her lap, glancing between it and the girl who was setting up, "Play as loud as you want, I won't mind," she assured her, if the girl was terrible then yeah, Noemie was sure to mind but for now, since she didn't know and for all Noemie knew this girl was great, she just had to remain positive and not mind about any noise, and with that said Noemie turned back to her book and continued reading.

Surrounded by Gryffindors ever since her arriving at Hogwarts, Zara almost forgot that not everybody was as talkative as she was and that sometimes all they wanted to do was sit down and... Study... Peacefully. Like Noemie. It was boring, she thought, but each to their own. Zara could kind of understand it when she looked at the situation in a musical perspective, wanting only the uttermost focus. In a way, she supposed it was kind of the girl to be so ready to let her intrude of her space-- even if she was in the Arts Room. Besides, if Zara had h

"Ooh Astronomy! I don't have that class currently, do you like it?" She loved the idea of an entire universe beyond their own, a vast expanse of adventures just waiting to be explored. Zara peeked over to the textbook, forgetting her own theory work completely as she took a look at the pages. "There's this song that I learnt in Elementary, and it might be pretty useful. Wanna hear?" And even if Noemie thought it would be bothersome she made her way over to the nearby piano, fiddling around with a couple of chord progressions until she found the right ones. Although her loyalty always remained with her stringed love, she wasn't half bad at the piano. She didn't pedal as much as she probably should (nor were her legs nearly long enough for her to do so comfortably) but she could improvise basic song progressions if she wanted. Zara started to sing, now more for her own enjoyment despite completely aware of her audience of one. She played the song twice as fast, as in itself it was actually a very slow moving piece and who had the time for that?

". . . I am Neptune. I'm an icy gas giant. I'm the farthest planet from the sun. I have many storms. I am Neptune. We are The Solar System."

Zara finished, giving a mock curtsey as she giggled. "Songs are actually very helpful for studying, at least for me. I know lots more for all sorts of different subjects. They're annoying at first but they really stick in yer head, y'know? Earworms," Zara babbled on as she returned to her seat and went back to transposing a violin piece to an easier key for her to play. She liked to talk loads, as the girl could probably tell.

Noemie could not have claimed that she remembered which other house was in the class with her, when she was in class, she stared forward and then just listening, there was little else to it. Which always suited Noemie, she preferred it in that manner, it was easier for her to focus on the lesson at hand when she only focused on the professor. The young Ravenclaw just nodded at the question, it was a rather interesting class, doing far more than she had ever done in her life prior to the school, but that was understandable, she had studied before school, but it had only been the odd book, never more than that, she was happy with the way things were now, far simpler than anything else was just being able to pick up a random book and just know you were going to learn, having a teacher guided things allowed more critical thought, gave an expert knowledge on a subject and explain in a simpler manner than sometimes books ever did. So she was always happy to sit and read and happier to go to class, "I like it, but I like pretty much everything," she explained to Zara with the smallest of shrug as if to say that she was a ravenclaw after all, bound to be more interested in lessons than most.

At the question The part veela gladly nodded, she was always intrigued to hear songs being sung by various people and given that this girl had come to this room to actually do its intended purpose she was curious enough to know if the girl could sing, since it would be nice to hear a singing voice, so Noemie really welcomed it, watching with rapt curiosity Zara as she went to the piano and sat down, listening the lovely little melody of what was quite clearly a children's song, but it was entertaining to say the least and Zara's voice was lovely. When girl finished she clapped loudly and happily did so, having actually enjoyed it, since she had never had a song like that taught to her, "That was great!" she told her with a happy grin, "I never really went to school before this place, so i don't know any," she admitted with a little shy expression, most magical kids didn't go to school, so she wasn't out of the ordinary for that, but it still felt odd admitting it to someone who had, "How long have you been playing?" she motioned towards both the violin and the piano.

In typical Ravenclaw fashion, Noemie announced that she liked everything and Zar gave a laugh. "Everything? Even lecture classes? Pre-pos-te-rous. You must be magical or something... Or well, I guess you are." Bringing out one of her bigger words because she felt as if she was talking to someone who would appreciate that sort of stuff, she gave a giggle as she finished and she realized what she had said. Spending her time around muggles had really affected, eh? And if she sounded incredulous it was because she was. Nobody liked lecture classes, right? They were always boring and stifling and wasteful if they weren't presented in an interesting way. She much rather do something practical, something where she could be on her feet and practice and do something that actually made her feel like the witch she was.

Zara was just ecstatic that the other girl enjoyed her playing, and immediately determined that she did like Noemie very much, and would be happy to play for her again. Anyone who enjoyed listening to her play was in Zara's eyes a friend that she was lucky to have around, and Zara hoped she would later come to the Arts room more often to study. Hearing that the girl hadn't been to a school before Hogwarts, Zara tried to consider what that meant. She wasn't still used to the idea that most people didn't grow up like she had, and that everyone's lives and background were different. "Ahh, is your whole family magical? Pureblood? My mum was a muggle, so she was intent on sending me to school." Zar grinned, resting her chin on her palm as she continued. "If she had it her way I'd probably still be there. She still finds magic a little unbelievable, not that I blame her," she giggled, truly believing her words. Honestly, Zara felt that some of it was unbelievable and she could actually perform magic. So she could be understanding of her stubborn mother. And in the end, she had made it to Hogwarts so no harm was done.

"I've dabbled in the piano ever since I could remember, and played it more seriously for a few years now." Reaching for her violin, she brought it close to her. "But my loyalties will always lie with this beauty of mine. My mum was a soloist, so she taught me lots. My brother was also a prodigy, so he taught me what he could." Of course it wasn't that much since he was bedridden, but he did babble a lot about technique and theory, especially when he was feeling sentimental. And Zara always held on to his words with her undivided attention, so she did pick up a few things from him. Pushing the memories as well as her violin aside, she tried to redirect the conversation so she could learn more about her self-declared new friend. "How about you? Do you play an instrument? Ooh, or maybe you have some other super cool hobby."

Noemie knew that people had different tastes in things, but she couldn't believe that this girl, Zara did not like classes with lectures! While learning magical spells was obviously interesting, the fact she was able to listen to a lecture about something interesting was better in Noemie's mind, it had to be better, it was so interesting and they always learned so much, "Of course! Lectures are amazing," Noemie replied as if it was insane that this girl didn't like lectures, didn't enjoy sitting in a class listening to a lecture. Even though the rest of the girl's statement was pretty funny, she stuck with the fact that this girl didn't like the lectures, or was implying that she didn't like them. It was the best part of any lesson, reading, listening, paying attention all the good things she was able to do. Noemie had truly enjoyed the song which the girl had played, even though it was clearly a children's song that she as a person who had never before attention school had never encountered. Or at the very least, if she had with her mother and through tutors she just no longer remembered them, which Noemie assumed could not be true because she remember almost all of what she was told at any given point, Noemie's memory had never been weak, which Noemie was always thankful for but it did mean that the question of blood came up easily between them because of it, and upon being asked if she was pureblood, the part veela shook her head in no.

"I'm a mixed blood," she told Zara with a small smile, moving her hair slightly to sit over one shoulder as she said so, seeing no point in going into the points about her blood, or the part veela traits which she had, but in Noemie's mind it was far more interesting to listen to Zara explain about her mother and the reluctance with magic, she could understand why it would be difficult to understand, she knew that for some it was very hard to understand, especially when you couldn't see it and it would be a while before this girl's mother would be able to see actual Magic and not moving pictures and things of that sort. The young Ravenclaw just smiled at her, "I was raised in a mostly muggle community, so I can understand why you're mum might have difficulty," Noemie easily told her with the small smile on her face. As the conversation swiftly move to Zara interests in instruments and she could help but eat up all the girl was saying, so endlessly interesting. And she once again felt bad for not having a similar interest, Noemie liked reading, she wasn't particularly musical. So at the question she shrugged a little, "I like reading," she said shyly, hoping Zara didn't mind this interest, "I also like running, you know, athletics, running, endurance, I love doing that," she added since those were her interests, but she scratched the side of her head a little nervously, "I don't know if those count as super cool hobbies,"

OOCOut of Character:
</FONT>
Ack I just realized just how many more mistakes than usual were in my last post. Didn't even finish one of my paragraphs (though I removed that part). Clearly I was more tired than I thought I was. Sorry >.<
<FONT font="Georgia">

Zara almost rolled her eyes when Noemie insisted that lectures were amazing. Honestly, what did she do for fun as a kid? Listen to those boring educational programs on television all day? Seriously, Zara hated the ones that were even supposed to be fun. They seemed mocking and restricting to her, just like the lectures in class did today. It could only be summed up to Ravenclaw gobbledygook: confusing nonsense at the very least. Instead Zara decided to just move on, sure she wouldn't win such an argument with an eaglet. There was much more effective uses of time.

Mixed blood, eh? Zara nodded, reasoning that her parents were probably mixed themselves or something. Purebloods were pretty hard to come by, although in themselves they didn't seem too interesting. Her father's pureblood family was full of all sorts of different characters. Some were amazing and some were prejudiced nincompoops who rather stare at a blank wall for hours than have a civil ten minute conversation with her. Just the way the cookie crumbled. "You too?" Zara questioned in responses to the girl saying she lived in a mainly muggle community. "Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? Noemie sounds kind of French." HNZ students came from all over, and Zara was interested to see if the girl was also from New Zealand while having some French background. Or perhaps she was French! Zara could relate with her in some way if either were true.

Zara appreciated all sorts of different hobbies, although she would've loved if the girl could play an instrument. But alas, she hadn't encountered too many kids who could so far. However, reading and running weren't too bad either. It was definitely enough to make conversation out of. "Ahh, my brother absolutely adores reading! You'd like him. He's always sending me reading lists for when I have the time... Not that I'm the best at finishing anything. What's your favourite genre?" And as an all-too-active athlete, hearing her next hobby really made Zara excited. "Ooh, I love running! I was on the track and field team when I was in elementary. Er, the running team. Long distance runner!" She had too much energy to waste, truly. "So I definitely would call it a 'cool' hobby. We should go running some time, if you're up for it?" Running was better with a parter for sure.

Noemie nodded easily at the question and the following one about her origins, Noemie had not very complicated origins but they were slightly different than she imagined most New Zealand people's might be, "My mum's french and my dad's Spanish, I was born in France, moved here two years ago," Noemie told the girl brightly, not minding the question and finding it very easy to reply, she was not ashamed of her upbringing, or the fact she was of two different countries, in a country like this it made her all the more interesting she presumed. The auburn haired veela kept the polite smile on her face as she'd responded and as she spoke "Are you from New Zealand?" deciding that returning the question to her was not just polite but would fill her curiosity about this girl in front of her with the violin. While this girl was clearly very musically gifted, Noemie knew she did better in things like classes, lectures, languages, things that were academic like her mother was. If this girl wasn't from around these parts, then Noemie hadn't been able to pick up on it in her accent, but she did find it pretty hard to pick up on any persons accent given that while she was managing with english it was her weakest language, the most recent one, and the one she'd spent the least amount of time with, it was there for a given that as smart as she believed she was that she'd struggle with accents.

The topic of hobbies filled her with intrepedation, not wanting this girl to judge her upon her choices of what she liked, Noemie as of yet still only had a few friends and boy was she interested in making some more. The young part veela was always sure in the back of her mind that it was the veela aspect of herself that allured people to her, driven away by her personality, so when it came to making friends Noemie tried very hard and tried her best to not have it be because of her natural veela charm. At the talk of this girl's brother Noemie's expression which had changed into one of clear nervousness was replaced by a calm smile, Noemie's brother Simon was not like her, he liked books, but he wasn't a creative type, he didn't like it when they studied and he was always out for mischief, but this was cleared out of her thoughts as Noemie was asked a question, "I like books about facts, history books, books with information," she replied instantly without even thinking of how it would make her sound and only after the fact did she realise and allow her cheeks to flush red, and was glad that her other hobby seemed to interest the girl as she began talking about it, "I like keeping fit," she replied with a nod, "I'd love to go running!" Noemie replied with barely held back excitement, "I tend to go before lunch, but I don't mind going when you usually run," She added, hoping that this girl wasn't just being nice about it and actually wanted to go running with her, "What kind of things are you into, asides music and running?" It seemed only right to return the question to her, excitement filling her easily as was understandable since in her mind she was definitely on the way to becoming friends with Zara.

"Incroyable, je parle le français aussi!*" Zara had caught the tinge of an accent coming from her new friend but after hearing the many different new accents this year, had to find out for sure. "Ah yes, I was born in New Zealand, like my mum," Zar responded by way of answer. "But my dad's French through and through, so he taught me the language when I was small." Zara finished, clearing up any confusion. It was cool to meet another who could speak the language; often, Zar only used the skill to converse with her dad and to greet others. To be able to communicate with a friend however felt very different... Almost as if she would be speaking in code. Getting over her excitement and recalling the rest of what her friend said, popped in another question out of curiosity. "Ooh, can you speak Spanish as well since your dad's Spanish?" That would make the girl trilingual, a wonder in itself! Her brother was trilingual, and Zara thought it was awe-inspiring. Though to be fair, everything that Xavier did was awe-inspiring.

The lion wasn't quick to pick up the nervousness from the eagle in front of her, but once she did Zar wondered if she had done anything wrong. She could ramble on a lot, forgetting to filter herself sometimes and accidentally offending the people who she was talking to. About to question her facial expression, she refrained from doing so once she saw the girl calm down. Perhaps she was just imagining it or something. She had to hold in a laugh at the girl's response to her question of book genres, not wanting to offend the girl. She didn't find her answer silly or stupid-- quite impressive, on the contrary, but was surprised at how she didn't predict the answer. Informative books seemed just up the girl's alley, although the Gryffindor couldn't say the same for herself. Nevertheless she nodded thoughtfully, giving a light yet friendly chuckle. "Can't say I'm surprised! Don't be shocked if I ask you for Potions help one of these days," Zar joked, but at the same time not really. Noemie would probably be great help if she asked nicely. "I usually go for a jog only when I feel like it, so I'd happily join in on your running schedule if you'd be fine with that!" And Zar tried to be consistent-- whether that meant consistent with her music practice or consistent with her bad grades back in elementary. "We can meet in the Courtyard, and then go from there?" The wide open space made it easy to spot others and meet up with them, and wasn't too far from the grounds. She hoped it was a good compromise.

"Oh, Quidditch! I really love the feeling of flying, especially the game." Zar answered without hesitation. It was the taste of freedom laced with a hint of danger that Zar so much craved, and her jaw practically dropped at the sight of the pitch. It wasn't anything so out of this world, but it was new all the same to her. She had only ever been a spectator to the games, her ex-Quidditch-pro of a father excitedly taking her and her brother to games if possible. Now she would get the chance to play on one, and hopefully with a team. "I also like adventure-ing," Zara continued, knowing fully well that adventure-ing wasn't a word but employing its use anyway. She thought it was perfect and self-explicable... Although her Gryffindor status practically spoke for itself.

Noemie couldn't help the bright smile which graced her expression as the other girl spoke in French, she hadn't expected to find anyone who spoke the same language as she did, but as it turned out there were a number who did, which in the end suited the Ravenclaw just fine. She wanted nothing more than to continue the conversation in rapid french, since this girl could and might just enjoy such a thing, but considering that Noemie's worst language was english she was trying her hardest to not speak anything but that. When her younger brother started at the school this would be another situation all together but for now, it was important in her young mind to continue with english, "That's pretty awesome," Noemie nodded. "We'll be able to talk without anyone else knowing, if we wanted to," Noemie then realised with a small start, she had figured this, but her mind finally seemed to realise how cool that might as a thing, she didn't know how much Zara would want to talk about crushes or that sort if they remained friends but it would be good to do it without having to worry about others overhearing, "Fluently too, though not as well as my French,"

Noemie of course felt nervous about admitting to liking books and even more so upon the books that she liked, while she did enjoy stories there was just something about books with information that she could soak up and put to practice when it came up in a conversation or just when Noemie felt like sharing, but at the other girl's response, Noemie visibly relaxed, "I'd be happy to!" she replied quickly, since she loved learning, she definitely wouldn't mind helping others especially Zara whom she was very quickly thinking of as a friend, especially so if they went jogging together which wasn't her plan for running but she had to admit that it sounded like fun, "Yeah, that sounds good," she wasn't sure how good or what kind of run that this girl did, but she was sure that they'd both find their rhythm if they went more than once. Noemie was hardly surprised when this girl admitted that one of her hobbies was quidditch, Noemie didn't care much for it, she enjoyed having both feet firmly planted on the ground, but if that was something that interested Zara then that was fine, "The first recorded mention of quidditch was around 1050, but it's not until about a hundred years later when it gets the name kwidditch" Noemie told her.

But, then just continued to listen as Zara said that she liked adventuring, now, Noemie didn't much like the sound of that, it sounded to her like doing something like that would be rather dangerous and she didn't really like dangerous, not much at all, but she pushed down her own fears about it and gave the girl a smile, "Have you been on any adventures since getting to school?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back