Frustration and Mutilation

Hades Styx II

Wand
Curly 13 1/2" Unyielding Acacia Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
It was never often that Hades Lutrov the Second was ever as frustrated as he was now. He was in the school, had too much on his plate with helping out his cousin with his best subject, Quidditch and then there was Animagus training. He truly did not have enough time in the day to handle everything. Hades was tired, but today after he finished his Animagus training, something he had told no one but his sister and Mylie about, Hades was walking away from the classroom and the office. The corridor was relatively empty, and the fourth year knew nothing of the drama that was going on between Zayne and Kaia. He had been too busy with his other work to even bother with it, but if he knew, he would have found a way to see what would have come of them. Kaia did not have anyone at the school except him, and Hades had quickly found himself engulfed in so much since his third year when he started the training anyway. Hades would continue to train, as hard as he could even though Hufflepuff had lost the game to Gryffindors. Most of his house were utter failures, and he knew this. He knew that it was not anything new with his house. All of them, complete and utter wastes of time. Except for perhaps one that he knew of, one that was similar to him and one that knew more than just kindness, and something that was colder. Mylie Thoreau. She was something that was different, and it attracted Hades. Since he discovered what she was, or rather what she could do, the interest in her had not faded. Hades did not know why it had remained, and it had been driving him completely insane. Hades thought that if he stayed here any longer he would surely go insane, truly and completely.

Now he was simply roaming the corridors, his onyx eyes washing over the floor, and his hair blanketing over his pale face like a curtain. Was there something in store today? He hoped that there was a way to release all of this pent up frustration he had, and he would end up being back to normal, the cold, unfeeling guy that he normally was. He didn't know if he would ever return back into that state unless he could figure out what in the hell was going on with him. He wanted to speak with his father over it, but he felt as though his father would not be able to help him so much. His father was only good with advice when it came down to not having him kill someone for getting on his nerves. When the Rumor Has It came out and insulted Mylie, and called him a freak, the only part that bothered him was the fact that it dared to insult Mylie like that. Hades remembered it, and he looked down at the floor, before he turned and leaned against the wall, before he tilted his head up as he sighed. Oh what was the young man going to do? He was getting taller, surpassing most within his age, if not within the fewer upper years as well. He had those genes of his father's and his paternal family, and Hades was no exception. Leaning from the wall, Hades stared forward and he continued to walk, his expression cold yet his jaw was locked. Whomever crossed his path should beware, he didn't know what he would do.

Mylie brushed aside a few strands of her warm coffee colored hair as she bit off another piece of her gingerbread cookie that she was currently snacking on. Gingerbread cookies were a secret pleasure of Mylie’s. Her mother hated them and so did her sister. But Mylie really liked them for some reason. They had a distinct but powerful taste behind them. Mylie was thankful the house elves that prepared the food for everyone liked them too. They were the ones that always shared them with her. Mylie actually got a lot of favors from those elves. Mylie was often cold, but she treated the elves with respect so they in turn did not mind having her sneak in for snacks when she was hungry. Mylie bit off another piece of her cookie and chewed quietly. The corridors were pretty quiet this afternoon. Mylie liked the quiet. It allowed her to think. Mylie’s boots scuffed across the carpet quietly as she turned the corner and headed up a set of stairs. Her soft padded footsteps were the only noise that was heard through the hallway. That was just how quiet it was. Mylie found herselr standing in the fifth corridor before she even really realized it. The fifth floor actually had a couple of students walking around on it. ’There goes the quiet.’ Mylie thought to herself as she took another bite. Eyes fell onto her as she passed by. Mylie knew it was because she was a Prefect. They thought she had come up here to get them into trouble or something. What idiots. Mylie had better things to do than follow people around waiting for them to mess up. Yes she patrolled the hallways, but she rarely ever got someone else into trouble. The Prefects had been busy lately with their own problems actually. That Rumor Has It magazine has been occuoying up everyone’s time it seems. Everyone wanted to find out who was behind it. Mylie personally didn’t care who wrote it. She thought everyone should be more concerned about protecting their secrets. Mylie thought it was all one big mess. If people stopped paying attention to it, it might actually stop. But everyone was far too stupid to realize that yet. Even her fellow Prefects. They were just as bad.

Mylie finished up the last of her cookie and wiped her pale hands off on her jeans. Sadly, Mylie was still sort of hungry. She should have grabbed more cookies from the kitchen. ’I will go get more later I think.’ Mylie was not sure if she would remember to go get more later. Mylie turned around the corner and jumped when she nearly walked into someone. But then she realized who it was that she had almost run into. It was Hades. ”Oh…it is you.” Mylie’s voice was cold. This boy was something else. First he bothered her like crazy for years, then he shares a deep secret with her that she thought made them something akin to friends, but then he completely ignores her for half a year. This was honestly the first time Mylie had seen him this year. Mylie was so confused by the very sight of him that she barely knew what to say or do other than stare at him. He did not look like he was in the best of moods either. So Mylie figured getting out of him way would be her best option. Mylie did not think their little friendship thing would last. It just kind of sucked that it did not because Mylie did not have any friends. The other kids thought she was weird and mean. Mylie got lonely without having someone to talk to. Right now she refused to go to Zayne either since she was after all still getting used to the fact that he was her little brother. Mylie stared at Hades for a moment before her eyes flashed into a dull gray. Mylie’s eyes returned to their normally color before she walked around Hades and started down the hall again. He made her feel bad by ignoring her when she thought he was her only friend, plus he seemed moody. So now was not the time for her to start dealing with her so called feelings.

Hades did not even notice when someone was walking toward him, until he heard her voice. It was not any girl's voice, but the one that made him ache in all the wrong places that he thought that he should be aching. One in particular was in his chest, and then he felt like he was going to throw up too. Hades did not understand it, but he was feeling it. He looked down at the Hufflepuff Prefect without much emotion in his facial features, yet his cold eyes were close to swirling with the things that he was feeling yet no one would be able to detect just what it was. Hades hated the fact that he ignored her basically all year except for the time he waved to her during the Quidditch match. That was the only time that he had acknowledged her existence, and it was bothering him to the point of mentally frustrating him. Others had their eyes on him, and the voice that he had heard, it was not exactly what he was used to, but it was enough to snap him out of his thoughts and trance. Her eyes had turned into a dull gray, which he momentarily averted his eyes. Guilt now, on top of frustration and whatever the hell else he was feeling as of the moment. Hades was silent, for now. However she stepped around him, and started to walk down the hall. Hades then snapped into reality. She was getting away, and no one would escape from him. It was one of those feelings he had. Hades turned and he started to follow in the only way that he could. Within seconds, his hand reached out and gripped her by her upper arm while he murmured, "Wait." With his grip, and how large he was compared to her, she was not going anywhere. Hades wanted to ensure that she got to pay attention to him. So much was wanting to be said, but no words came from his lips, nothing at all. He simply stood there, gripping her arm before his body moved on its own, moving her against the stone cold wall, and he bearing down extremely close to her. He was basically against her in front of every student in the corridor to see. A younger Hufflepuff pinned the Prefect to the wall with his hands on her upper arms.

Instead of talking to her, Hades gave in to instinct. His most natural instinct at best. He had leaned down, and his mouth claimed hers in a passionate yet wildly heated kiss. 'Let Rumor Has It write about this, I wouldn't give a damn,' thought Hades. He truly did not care because it was obvious that he had taken charge of the situation, and was giving Mylie the first affection he had ever given anyone in this school, on this earth. It was several moments before he pulled away, nearly out of breath but he did not back away from her. He stood there, looking down at her before he wondered what to say after that. Hades wanted more, but he didn't want to take it from her without her actually wanting to receive his affections. He must have confused her even more with what he was doing. First he ignored her for so long, then he wildly attacks her in the corridor as soon as he sees her. Hades attempted to speak, his voice so very soft, "I..." Hades let out a sigh because he truly did not know how he could explain everything, not without going somewhere where they would be alone. Maybe she would know how to help him out, but what he just did, it helped lift an anchor from his chest. He thought that maybe if he did this more often, then he would not feel as built up. Finally he confessed, "I'm not sorry for what I just did, but if it is too much, then... This year... I..." He faded off, not able to find the words as he searched through her eyes, looking to see if there was something in there. Hades prayed he was not making the same mistake his father did, put himself out in the open, just so he could get crushed. He was feeling a lot more than he should, and it was positively leaving him unnerved.

Mylie did not intend on actually stopping when Hades asked her to. Mylie was so upset with him for ignoring her. It hurt her feelings being ignored like that. He did not understand how much it hurt feeling like that. But Mylie did not get far before she was stopped by Hades. His larger hand was gripping her upper arm tightly. There was no way for Mylie to get away either because he was both bigger and stronger. "Hey!" Mylie sounded more surprised than she was anything else. But that was only because she was indeed surprised. Out of nowhere pops Hades and now he would not let her go like she wanted. Whatever it was that he wanted from her, he had better get to it quick because Mylie was already getting agitated and upset. Mylie was a Prefect of the Hufflepuff house. Did he realize that she could get him into trouble for the kind of behavior he was emitting right now? Mylie could not say anything else because she was next moved against the stone cold wall where Hades was practically against her. This was very inappropriate. Why was he doing this? Mylie hoped he was not trying to be funny and embarrass her. It was working if he was. Mylie wanted to hide her face under a book. Students in the hallway stopped to even watch. Why were they watching? "Will you cut this out Hades? People are staring at us!" Mylie was worried she would start to turn red. Hades was acting so very strange right now. Why was he being like this? Mylie tried to struggle free so she could run and hide from the eyes that were staring at her and Hades right now. It was not that Mylie hated Hades and such, she just was mad at him for ignoring her. Mylie did not like being ignored. Hades had no right to ignore her either. He could at least say hi every once and awhile. Mylie narrowed her eyebrows at him as she tried to understand what was going through his mind. Then he kissed her.

Mylie's eyes grew wide. That was her first kiss. Her first freaking kiss was with Hades when she was supposed to be mad at him. 'He is not a bad kisser either!' Mylie ended up thinking to herself as her lips meshed with his. Mylie remained kissing Hades for the longest time. By the time the kiss was broken Mylie was out of breath. The red creeped further onto her face. Ho-how could he do this? That was her first kiss. Stolen. Even if he was cute and she did like the kiss, she did not think he should have done that. Mylie knew he was trying to speak. But what was giving him an issue so that he could not? He apparently was not sorry for what he did. Mylie frowned as she began to turn more and more red. Right now Mylie was just so embarrassed. You ignore me for half a year then without any warning you just go and kiss me!" Both Mylie's hair and eyes faded to a deep red. Further showing that she was feeling embarrassed by what had happened. Mylie had never been kissed before. Kissing felt good but it also felt weird. Mylie was not sure what she should feel. It felt like bugs were crawling around inside of her stomach. It was gross. "Look! Because of you I am now all red!" Mylie sneered. She had to take a moment to calm down before her hair and eyes both faded back to a brown. "Why did you do that?" Mylie noticed that she was still being pinned by Hades. Which did make her feel awkward. Mylie was curious. She wanted to know why he went and did that. Especially since he had been ignoring her. Mylie wondered if he liked her or something. Mylie had never been liked. Why would he like her? Mylie stared at Hades. There was no sign of emotion on her face.

Hades really felt like he was throwing himself out there. He didn't know what to do, but he wanted Mylie, in so many ways. There was nothing he could do about it, but it was just frustrating. He still had her taste in his mouth, upon his tongue, and he still wanted more. Hades looked down upon Mylie, and he did not feel bad at all for what he was doing right now, for what he was doing to her. He knew that he was perhaps forcing himself upon her, but it was not something he could help. Hades only moved ever so slightly when someone passed them and they were being stared at. He did nothing but seem to hide her from their view. What if she managed to change something about her appearance that she might not want people to see? She might have been a prefect, but he was not giving her the space that she needed as a prefect. He was completely in her personal bubble. As time passed, it seemed like every second was an hour, which was amazing to him, but it was also making him uncomfortable. Red started to spread on her face, and he smirked slightly. He made her flush. That was a good sign, because she wasn't that angry color, but an embarrassed color. It was cute, and he was enjoying what he was doing, but he still did feel bad for basically ignoring her. The only acknowledgement he had made to her was waving to her in Quidditch that one time, but it was not fair to her. He knew this. Hades listened as she somewhat told him what he knew, and then what he just did now. It was confusing, and even he was confused. Hades let out a sigh and he confessed, "I'm sorry. I don't say that often, but I need to learn some time management skills. I won't be leaving you alone again, no matter what you say now. I would like you to watch me practice my Quidditch. If you are interested." Hades doubted that she liked Quidditch that much, but if she remembered the position that he played, then someone would get hurt. She might like that.

It was then when he noticed how her eyes turned red, and so did the rest of her. Hades had to bite his tongue from laughing. She looked cute though, and he could admit that to her. "Red is a nice color on you. So you still look cute." Hades wondered if she would accept that compliment, even though she had managed to change in front of him. He did not care. It seemed like he was admiring her ability, and soon enough he would be able to change forms too. Hades would be glad to show her his form, as soon as he is able to anyway. He still had not learned how to change, but he would be able to by the time he was in his seventh year. However Mylie would have left the school by then. She was a year older than him. That was going to be a real bummer for Hades. He didn't want to go through his final year, without Mylie. That was when it occurred to him. Those fluttering feelings in his stomach, the intense heat he was feeling, he was simply... He thought that he liked her like his dad liked Etoile before falling in love. He was asked why he had done that, and he let out a sigh. He released one of her shoulders to caress her cheek before he shrugged, "Instinct. I have a weird feeling in my stomach, you happen to be crossing my mind constantly. I can only figure that I like you, the only logical thing that makes sense to me." Hades thought for a moment, before he inquired, "So, my question is, how do you feel about having me as a boyfriend?" It was his way of kind of him asking her to be his. That was the only way he could ensure that no other guy would not lay a finger on her. That possessive trait seemed to be passed from father to his son.

Mylie was not fully sure why Hades was choosing to behave like this, but in a way she kind of liked it. It felt nice to have someone pay attention to her in such a manner. Or to look at her the same way any guy looked at a girl he cared about. Mylie had been invisible for so long that she forgot what it was like to actually be noticed for a minute. The scary part was that Mylie had no idea how she should be feeling about Hades and being kissed by him. Was it a good thing or should she be worried? He already followed her around like it was no one's business. Was this kissing thing just another way for him to express that he liked her or to make her look stupid in front of her peers? Mylie breathed out against his smooth skin and tried to think straight. Kissing wasn't supposed to be something she liked. Especially not when the kisses came from a boy who had done nothing but ignore her the past year. Honestly, what kind of man just comes out of nowhere and starts kissing on someone as a form of apology. Well, Mylie wasn't even fully sure if his kisses were a form of an apology or if he did it merely just because he felt like it. "You've never really let me alone until this past year so I'll be used to that." Mylie could easily admit. She was never really alone. Unless she was inside the girls dormitories back in the Hufflepuff common room, she wasn't alone as that was the one place Hades II could not follow her. Mylie heard him ask if she wanted to watch him practice Quidditch. Even though the sport was not particularly her favorite thing to watch, she would watch for Hades. Perhaps it would give her more of an idea on who this boy in front of her really was. Mylie lifted her hand and brushed some of the strands of hair that fell onto Hades' face away. So she could see into his pretty eyes better. Mylie always connected better with others when she could see into their eyes. Right now Mylie wanted to know all she could about him. "I'll watch." Mylie agreed to watching him play Quidditch. So long as he did not try to get her to play it would be all golden. It was nice that he was willing to let her watch. He seemed like he wasn't going to be the type who liked people bothering him while he did things.

Mylie did not like that he found it cute when she turned completely red. It was weird. Everything had turned red. Didn't he find that sort of weird? "Shut up." Mylie hissed. Why did he insist on teasing her so? Didn't he remember that she was kind of sensitive about this sort of thing? Mylie managed to compose herself so she was no longer as red as a tomato. Mylie didn't expect Hades to answer her about why he was doing this. But when he did Mylie felt herself tense up again as he released her and began to caress her cheek. Goodness people just had to be staring by now. They were going to make fun of her for this. She just knew it! "Weird feelings? You mean like butterflies or something?" Mylie had heard others describe the feeling of butterflies in ones stomach. But she had never felt it before. Supposedly it felt extremely weird. Hades explained that he was thinking that he liked her. Mylie had to fight herself from turning red again. Oh he liked her? How on earth could he like someone like her? There was nothing whatsoever interesting about her. Except her ability. But there wasn't too much about that that made her different enough. Especially not with the way Mylie hid it. "You...like me?" Mylie asked. Was he sure that he really liked her? Or was it just hormones talking. Mylie stared into Hades eyes and allowed her mouth to fall open at his last question. He wanted to be her boyfriend? But, she barely knew him? How could she date him when she knew nothing about him? Even if he was cute as hell. "I...I-I...I don't know Hades. I barely know you as a person. You're still a stranger to me in some aspects. Please do not be mad but, I think I need more time to get to know the real you or something." Although in a way it was a no. At the same time it was also a yes. Mylie merely requested that he allow her some time to get to know him better. Mylie wanted to know if the first guy she ever dated or gave her heart to was the best choice for her to have chosen. Mylie let her hand fall onto the hand that Hades used to caress her face earlier. In her eyes he could hopefully see that she was sorry.

Hades could not help but smirk a little bit when she said that since he had never left her alone, not since this year. Perhaps that was why she was so mad, because she might have even liked it that he never left her alone. He gave her one shot to make friends with him, and he told her first that he was going to be an Animagus one day. While he would end up being an animal that he did not really know, she would change her appearance. They were more alike than she realized. She was one of those Hufflepuffs that were not like the others. They did not fit in any other house, and they were nor like any of the other Hufflepuffs either. If anything, Hades knew that Mylie could indeed be dark and demented, he just had to tap into that. She had some hatred in there, from what he thought anyway. If only he could turn that into something amazing. Hades spoke one more, with a smirk upon his lips, "So, I suppose you missed me stalking you. That's so sweet. I'll have to make room for that more from now on. Only now you will know about it because I just told you." Hades would ensure that she would never be alone, not anymore. He made a mistake by leaving her alone, and he would not do it again. He would not make that same mistake twice. He often wondered if she wanted him to do that. However even if she did not want him to, he probably would just because he just felt like it. There was nothing wrong with that, was there? He did not think so anyway. There was only some places that he could not go. He could not go to the Prefects common room or whatever it was called, the girl's bathroom of course, and the girl's dormitory. He could not go there. Luckily she did not have to go through there that much. Her fingers brushed his face, and he could almost feel chills. There was just something about her touch, and it was something that he liked. She had moved the hair that had fallen in front of his face. He actually smiled, when she said that she would watch him play Quidditch. He would have his own personal fan. "I'll be looking for you in the stands," responded Hades to Mylie, while looking deep within her eyes. He did not know if she was even into sports, but it was enough. She did not seem the type that she would enjoy playing at all.

Hades' smile turned into a smirk when she told him to shut up. Like that was going to happen, because he would never do that. He would have asked what other colors she would turn, but he chose not to because she might be sensitive to that. "You have always appeared cute to me, so don't take much I say to heart. Except that I do find you cute. Not just your appearance, but everything about you." Hades decided to give her a smaller kiss once more, before he pulled away, and he even backed up so that he was not so close to her, and not holding her against the wall. The closeness was affecting him anyway, and not in a bad way either from what he was told by his father. He thought for a moment when she gave out some suggestions for what he was feeling. Perhaps it was butterflies, but he didn't really have much experience. "Butterflies, perhaps isn't a strong enough flapping creature. I would say birds." He shrugged lazily, so he did not really mind it so much, and then he knew for a fact that he more than just crushed on her, he really liked her. Mylie asked if he had liked her, and he nodded. He did, and it was enough. He felt guilt for not being around her. "I do." That was all he had to say on that, but he was not too sure if he had done something good when he had asked if she wanted him as her boyfriend. Was it too soon? She was just so shocked. He waited personally for her answer, and she seemed to stammer, which made him narrow his eyes. He basically put himself out there, and she was rejecting him? Was this going to be a repeat of what his father had gone through with Etoile? That was something that he feared. He knew what his father went through. It was all for the better, but Hades believed that it was out of luck. But the more she spoke, the more he understood. She just didn't know him that well. She needs more time. Hades slowly nodded, knowing that he understood. Hades could see that she was sorry. But it wasn't a no. And it wasn't a yes. But now he was thinking, what if she did not like the real him? "I suppose you are right, it is a little soon. I don't think you'll like the real me. It's just...I'm a demented person, I hate almost everything, why would you like someone like that? In addition, I don't like to talk about myself because of that reason. But if you are so interested..." He in turn held her hand, and though they were not dating, there was hope. She would need to get to know him, and if she stuck around, then that would be a good thing. If not, then Hades knew that he would probably not find another one like her.

Mylie thought the feeling of fluttering butterflies was much more tolerable than the feeling of fluttering birds. No wonder he seemed like he was in a bad mood a lot of the time. Mylie hated the feeling herself. It made her feel like there was something inside of her, something fairly gross too. Or sometimes it made her even feel like she was going to throw up or something. "I pity you for that.” Mylie admitted quietly. For some reason she wanted to make sure none of the other students heard her. It wasn’t something she wanted anyone else to butt in on. Especially since the concept of dating and boys were fairly foreign to Mylie. "Look, I don’t understand why you would like me much at all. Especially not when you know me as little as you do. But I will not try to think over it too much. To me it doesn’t matter. If I get to know you and I like what I see, then you will get what you want.” Mylie explained as she took his hand into her own and walked down the crowded hallway with him. It was going to be difficult trying to figure out whom Hades was really. Mylie would at least give it a shot, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back