Frozen Features

Henric Lee

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Shhk.

The sound of the sharp blade carefully cutting and shaping a large block of wood held in the grasp of the pale hand echoed throughout the dungeons. The gleaming knife was carefully inserted into the rugged surface of the wood, and slowly carved past the wood with a grating sound before peeling apart the rough surface. The blunt side of the knife was then used to smoothen the newly revealed surface, and the process begun all over the again.

On this fine morning, Henric Lee idly carved the wooden block into a wonderfully sculpted creation; perched, with his legs crossed, upon a large grosteque stone gorgoyle's head, the pale boy worked away as he whittled the tough wood into a rough sculpture of an eagle. He hummed to himself as he work, a tune that sounded strangely nostalgic to anyone who heard it, bearing faint notes of sorrow and trepidation.

She wasn't one to stalk, but the way he worked was so intriguing to her. The passion for his subject and concentration made it seem like a never ending battle between him and his carving knife. Siobhan titled her head as she watched him work harder on the detail of the eagle with a ringing in her ears. It reminded her of the tune her father would sing while he worked on the farm.

Siobhan titled herself nearer to the boy, looking around the dim dungeons with a glimpse of worry. What if a Professor caught her down here? Would she get in trouble? As she took another step forward, her hand came with her and knocked against a suit of armor, causing a loud clang to echo down the hallway. She stopped dead in her tracks and the suit turned its head toward her. "Don't give me that look," she hissed and brought herself back together.

The movement of the carving knife immediately ceased, and the pale boy paused in his work. Leaving his art unattended to, Henric Lee raised his head silently to view the interuption that had ensued. "Skipping class is fine." He mused, his voice a casual melodical thrum, "But surely you ought to be careful of where you're going?"

Placing one palm on the gargoyle's head, the boy lifted himself off the stone sculpture and landed on the ground smoothly, his robes fluttering fas he rose from the ground. "Hullo." He greeted softly, his pale orbs flickering over to Siobhan. "Who are you, then?"

Siobhan breathed deeply as the boy noticed her and came nearer. He didn't seem to pleasant, but for once, she tried to seem brave and keep an attitude unlike herself on front. "I can be where I please," she said, bluntly. "I'm Siobhan," her voice sang. She led her hands to climb up the wall behind her and narrowed her ginger eyebrows. "What about you?"

"Hello then, Siobhan..." The pale boy chuckled as he strode forward, casting his handsome, yet artificial features into sharp relief as he stepped into the dim light. He observed her and her attitude for a moment, and as he made a guess at what house she belonged to, his lips twitched upwards a little. "Me? I'm Henric." He said silkily in response to her question; Henric paused for a moment, and then bowed his head slightly in a polite yet subtly mocking fashion. "You may have heard of me... I tend to send your House's players off the field for injuries."

He flashed her a charming smile as he dipped his head down once more and raised it against, dark strands of hair drifting over his head and obscuring his tempest orbs as he spun the carving knife in his grasp. "Pleasure t' meet you."

Siobhan rose completely from her position on the ground and placed her hands softly on her hips, not losing eye contact with Henric. His voice seem so eeire to her and she didn't care for his attitude either. How could anyone? The conceited way he spoke about sending her team's players off the field; it made her furious that anyone would find pain of other people enjoyable.

She glanced down at the knife in his hand and pressed herself tighter against the wall. "Of course it is," she murmured and gave him a fake smile, which was more like a sneer, as she titled her head to the side.

Bringing her leg out to the side, Siobhan slid to the opposite side. "So, you're into Quidditch?" she asked, trying to find something nice about this meancing boy.

"Mhm-hmm." The pale boy responded, playing around with the rugged blade of the carving knife and methodically carving out bits of a block of wood he held. "Flying ... Gives you a sense of, ah, freedom." Henric paused, and glanced at the knife in his grasp as if seeing it for the first time. "I also appreciate art. Interesting how chemicals can be toyed with to produce something..."

Henric tilted his head slightly as he observed her, stabbing the carving knife into the wooden block, ande then removing it in a swift motion. "Magnificent." Dropping the wooden block, he watched passively as it shattered into a million pieces. Sitting in the middle of the broken wooden pieces was a beautifully carved, ornate butterfly, which looked newly born.

A coy smile playing on his lips, he watched Siobhan with his penetrating tempest orbs. "Curious, isn't it."

Sorry for taking so long to post.

Siobhan narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms, more defensively than protectively. "Don't mess with too many 'chemicals', as they may do more harm than good." She wasn't liking this boy very much. Eyeing his piece of art, she wanted to run her hand down the smooth side of part of it, but hesistated. "It's really a beauty," she replied, honestly, and she wasn't even an artsy person.

She watched as Henric stabbed the wood and let it shatter. She covered her face and turned her head. "You call that magnificant?" she sneered at him, softly. Eyeing the butterfly, suddenly, she gasped and plopped herself on the ground across from him. "H..how did you do that?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back