From the Past

Eden Silverback

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Eden laid on her stomach in the lush green grass of her parents backyard. Aine was laying on a blanket right in front of her looking at her mother as if she was the most wonderful thing ever. Eden could not help but stare at the baby that was hers. Today was her first birthday and Eden was thankful that she was getting to spend this time with her. For the first few weeks after they had let her go home she had tried to stay in New Zealand but after a few days Eden hadn't been up to it so she had packed her things and moved to Japan to be with her parents. Since she had been her Eden could feel herself start to get better. No she didn't have her memory back yet but her body was starting to feel stronger and she could go a whole night now without waking up screaming in terror. Yes things where starting to look up for Eden.

Sitting up Eden picked Aine up off of her blanket and held her high above her head. Letting her go the baby fall a couple of inches before Eden caught her and tossed her in the air. The little girl let out a loud laugh. Bringing her daughter close to her Eden kissed Aine on the head. "Oh Aine my beautiful girl I wish I could remember you." Eden said feeling just a little sad for herself. Watching as Aine's started to close Eden cradled her closer to her chest and rocked her as she started to fall asleep. Getting to her feet Eden started walking around the backyard continuing to rock the baby.

Another day, another patient. These types of things were getting a bit old for
Selwin. Granted that he was now a doctor, and good one at that. But inside,
he was not really happy at all. He was pretty disappointed with his life so far.
Money wasn't everything for Selwin. Going to the bars, hooking up, blowing off
money, Selwin did a lot of that, but he really missed many different aspects of
his life that he wish he could grasp once more. One of the biggest things that
really wondered his confused mind was love. He had been through two really
tough heartbreaks. Both of which left him really scar'd, for life. Everyday, he
would thing about the two lost loved ones he once had in his life. Both of which
left him. He didn't really care so much about the first one, Lexi, she was a total
betrayal and if he saw her one more time, he would more than likely kill her. But
the next person that really boggled his mind was Eden. Things between him and
Eden were left unfinished. So many adventures, and great memories came to
his mind, good and bad ones. Not a single day went by where he didn't think
about her. I suppose that what you would call true love in the love books.

Today's assignment for Selwin was rather an interesting one. He was called upon
by Koaru Koshiba, his ex. father in law. The two were still on good terms, which
was a good thing for Selwin. He didn't want to be in more of a mess right now.
He was summoned by Koaru to come to the Koshiba manor and attend to one of
his children who had been fatally hurt. Selwin didn't know very specific details of
what was going on, he was told to go to the Koshiba manor and attend to the
patient that needed his assistance. Selwin kept wondering who it would be. He
knew for sure that it more than likely wouldn't be Eden. As much as Selwin knew
Eden, he had a hunch that Eden would be out on some wild rage adventure, taking
her anger out on some filthy muggle or sort. These random thoughts kept him really
confused as he entered the Koshiba manor, holding his briefcase in his right hand, he
marched towards the entrance to the huge building. Being greeted by a maid, who
was instructed to take Selwin to the patient's room. Selwin followed the maid until
he had came to the room he was to attend. Slowly opening the door, he noticed
a woman, a little younger than him, holding a child. Walking inside the room, he
couldn't believe what he was seeing. He dropped down his briefcase, and said,
"E-Eden? Is that y-you?" Selwin was shocked to see that she was the patient.

The maids had made Eden go inside. They said there was a doctor coming soon and he couldn't take care of her outside. Eden had wanted to argue but she remembered that the last time she had they had taken Aine from her for a day and Eden had felt like her heart was going to jump out of her chest. So Eden had stopped fighting and listened to what people told her. Besides what could it hurt if spent a little bit of time in the house? Aine was wide awake and all she wanted to do was look around the room. Eden was more than happy to give the little girl what she wanted. Looking up at the clock Eden saw that in a few more moments the doctor would be here and if he was like all the others he would tell her father that there was nothing that could be done for her other than let time handle it and sooner or later she would get her memory back. Yea Eden had gotten used to hearing that one. Her parents had not liked that answer but it was the only one that people kept giving them for some reason.

Eden heard someone enter the room. Turning around she came face to face with the man who Eden could only guess was her doctor. He looked surprised to see her. There was something about him that made Eden pause. "Yes I am Eden. Do I know you?" Eden asked wondering where she knew this man and why he seemed so shocked to see her. The maid quickly left the room before Eden could ask what was going on. Aine looked at the man and than hid her face in Eden's neck letting out a soft cry. "Shh baby its okay. He's a doctor he's come to make mommy better." Eden told her daughter rocking her back and forth hoping to stop the tears before the started. Once Aine started crying it had become very hard to get her to stop.

This was truly a big surprise for Selwin. He really didn't expect to see Eden be
the one to be needing this sort of assistance. For as long as Selwin knew Eden,
she was a very independent person who didn't rely on anyone except herself,
her own capabilities. But this is an unfortunate turn of events. She was the
last person he was expecting to see. Before Selwin entered the Koshiba manor,
he was thinking what to say or do if he were to run into Eden. He was quite
puzzled as to what to do if that sort of situation. He kept thinking at the time,
but he didn't come up with any solution. Though now, hearing the words from
Eden's mouth stating if she knows him really blew his mind away. He was very
surprised to hear those words from her. How could she not know who he was?
The two had a long history of being together, having been gone through so
much together, and she doesn't remember who he was? This was just plain sad
and really made Selwin quite depressed all of a sudden. Selwin put down his
briefcase on the chair nearby, and then turned back to Eden, and said, "Do
you really not remember who I am, Eden?"
Selwin was very moved by this
response from Eden. "You have no clue about who I am? No one has told
you anything?"
Asked Selwin with a puzzled face. He was really disturbed
and the next sentence he heard from Eden didn't make him feel any better.
hearing the word 'mommy' made him question himself if that was Eden's child.
"That's not possible, it can't be her child", Selwin thought to himself.
He was very much in denial. That most certainly could not be Eden's child.
Pulling the close by chair next to him and sitting down and facing Eden, Selwin
asked, "Mommy? Is this your child, Eden?" and then Wiping off some sweat.

Eden couldn't stop staring at the doctor. He was very handsome and the way he looked at her made her wonder if they had some sort of romantic background. He seemed really upset that she didn't remember him. Sitting down next to him Eden shook her head. "I really don't remember you. There was a duel and I was hurt." Eden said softly. She really didn't want to talk to much about it. She didn't remember the duel and also because of it her memory was gone. "No one has really told me anything. How do we know each other?" Eden asked being as nice as she could. It seemed everyday she met someone else who knew her and expected her to know who they where. She was really starting to get upset. It felt like everyone was doing there best to keep her own life a secret from her.

When Selwin asked if Aine was her daughter Eden smiled. "Yes Aine is my daughter. She just turned one. Doesn't she look like me?" Eden asked turning her daughter so she could see the doctor better. Aine looked at the man for almost a minute before throwing her arms out. "Daddy?" Aine asked Eden. Shaking her head Eden pulled her daughter tighter into her arms. "I'm sorry about that. He father isn't really in her life. He was but he just stopped coming around." Eden explained hoping that the man didn't think any less of her because of the fact that her child's father wasn't around.

He couldn't believe what he was hearing. She forgot who he was? This really
surprised him. Everything about this current confused situation was really making
Selwin feel uncomfortable. Being alone in the room, Eden not remembering anything
was something that he was not looking forward to. Sitting down, Selwin put his hand
over his forehead because his head was starting to get really hurtful now. Everything
about this whole situation was getting his really confused. Was Eden just pretending
to not remember him because of what happened before? Or did she really not
remember who he was. Regardless of the situation, Selwin knew one thing. He had
to get to the bottom of this. Hearing her say a duel, and then her getting hurt, this
got Selwin curious as to what really happened to her. Raising his head towards Eden,
Selwin said, "Duel? What duel? What do you last remember or anything?
Selwin was just too curious to get to the bottom of all of this situation. it just really
hit him that how could she not remember him. The two have had a really long history
of being together and the things that they have gone through together. It just really
shocked him. But one thing was for sure, he knew he had to get to the bottom of this.

Listening to her question about how did he know her, Selwin gave her a puzzled look.
"How do we know each other? Well, we have a long history of being together,
and getting involved with each other's business."
Said Selwin with a smile on his
face. For some reason, Selwin started to smile. He didn't know why, but what he
did know was that he was intrigued by her curiosity. It was good to see that Eden
was really curious about this whole situation, much like himself. Selwin smiled as
Eden asked him if her daughter looked like her. "Yes, I can see the resemblance."
Said Selwin with a smile as he moved closer to the two. Hearing her daughter say
'daddy', it reminded him of his twins that he has not seen for quite some time. This
made him remind himself that he had to go and see the twins as soon as possible
because he was sure they were missing their father and he was surely missing them.
"That's quite alright. But why did her father stop coming to see her?" Asked Selwin.

Eden felt really bad about not remembering this man. To make matters worse he really seemed upset about all of this. Why did her father have to send in this man to be her doctor? Did her father think that if she was around him her memory would come back? If that was the plan than it wasn't going to work. Eden knew that her memory would come back when it was ready and not a moment sooner. When he asked her to talk about the duel Eden shook her head. "I don't remember my mother Haruhi told me about the duel. She said it happened when I in America doing work for the family. I don't remember and when I try my head feels like it is going to explode." Eden hoped that he would drop it after that. It was stressful enough trying to remember happy things let alone the thing that stole Eden's memory away from her. As Eden continued to look at Selwin she kept getting these brief flashes of things. A park bench than a table at what had to be an ice cream shop. What was going on? What did these places had to do with Selwin?

"What do you mean in each others business? Did we used to work together? Is that why my father sent for you? Tell me everything." Eden said all but begging the man in front of her. Reaching out Eden almost touched him but she pulled her hand back at the last second. They might know each other but until Eden remembered just how they did know one another she couldn't just touch him. "Everyone who has seen pictures of her father say that she looks nothing like him. She looks so much like her aunt Elvera and grandmother Morgan." Eden said trying to keep Aine from throwing herself onto Selwin. Daddy! Aine kept insisting with her arms out straining to climb into his lap. "I'm so sorry about this Selwin. Aine has never acted this way with anyone else. Maybe if you held her she would calm down." Eden said rocking the little girl trying to get her settle down. As she rocked she thought of what she had been told about James. There wasn't much to say about him. "Aine's father is to busy with one of his many girlfriends to see his daughter. When I was away getting better he didn't once see her while she was with her grandmother." Eden said as she shook some of her hair in front of her face to hide it.

Selwin was starting to wonder if this whole memory loss thing was just either a scandal
or it was something really serious. He closely examined her, and focused on her body
language, the way she talked, the whereabouts of her eyes, and everything. Selwin
was focusing on every aspect of her, and in the end of all, he was getting some mixed
answers. Hearing her say that Haruhi told her about a duel that took place between
her and someone else, and ended up being some brutal which caused Eden to be in
this current condition. Selwin knew what he had to do. Aside from being a doctor, he
had many connections in high places, especially with in the Ministry. Selwin was going
to investigate all of this, but for now, he had to keep Eden under control, and keep her
safe. Even though her memory may have faded, it won't be long before her memory
would return to her, and Selwin had quite a few ideas up his sleeve to help those
memories come back to her soon enough. Being around this 'lost' Eden made Selwin
feel a bit uncomfortable because he was so use to being around the Eden that was
always challenging him, the Eden that was in love with him. The Eden that was currently
in front of him is nothing but an empty shell that Selwin had to fill up with older memories.
"It's okay, you don't have to pressure your mind into remembering anything. I
will take care of the rest. Rest assured you are in safe and good hands."
Said
Selwin reassuring Eden that he will try to fix everything. There was a lot Selwin had
planned to do, especially trying to figure out how this happened in the first place. Selwin
was now thinking to visit Haruhi and get all of the details, but this task will be for later.

Selwin hearing so many questions from Eden really made him curious as to how much of
her memory was really lost. Granted that from the perspective of Selwin, it seemed that
she may have lost quite a bit, but generally, memories don't disappear fully. Some chunks
are usually still there, but hidden. And his job was now to bring those small memories out
slowly to make a bigger picture. "Yes, Eden, we use to work together. But more than
working, we were something else. A bond so strong that it made the family's enemies
shake in their nightmares."
Said Selwin as he paced around the room, looking at some
of the paintings that were on the wall. 'Beautiful pieces, I must admit.' Thought
Selwin to himself. Hearing Aine say 'daddy' while extending her arms out to him made
him remember his own to children even more. Selwin walked close to the child, and pulled
out his arms to hold Aine into his own arms. "Hey little one. You think I'm your daddy
huh?"
Said Selwin while wiggling her nose with his own nose. Quite the child Eden
had brought into this world. Aine seemed like something else. Selwin could sense that she
had a special gift that no one in the Koshiba family, nor himself had. Facing towards Eden,
Selwin said, "Aine is quite the lovely one. I'm shocked to hear that her father pay's
no attention to her."
He was truly surprised to hear that this child was fatherless right now.

Eden felt like asking him to leave. Or even better Eden getting up and leaving. The longer she was around him the more confused she became. There where just to many emotions in this room. She wanted to yell at him for no reason yet at the same time she wanted to kiss him. What was wrong with her? Every other person that she had spent time around no feelings like this had come up but as soon as Selwin walked into the room. Aine had started to act up and now Eden felt like her emotions where totally out of control. "But I want to remember and I want to remember right now. You don't understand how scary it is to have everyone remember you but you not remember them or even the most basic things about yourself. I don't even remember being pregnant or giving birth or even the first year of my daughters life. I feel like the worst mother in the world." Eden said letting Selwin know just how upset she was. Not just because she couldn't remember her child's life but also after how many doctors that had seen her none of them could tell her anything new. Eden just didn't see a point in seeing another doctor if all they where going to do was tell her to rest and stress herself out.

Finally admitted that they used to work together. "Alright so your a Death Eater like me. Finally someone gives me something to work with." Eden said sounding happy. She hadn't been surprised when her father Koaru had told her that. It hadn't even come as a surprise to her. The only thing that did shock her was that she didn't have a dark mark. Koaru had explained that she wouldn't have one until she was older. That was fine with Eden since she had no clue how she would have kept it hidden. As Selwin walked around the room looking at the paintings that Haruhi had done. Eden wondered what he he thought about everything. He was taking it better than her mom had. Haruhi had been heart broken. Koaru had been angry but Eden felt like that was because she couldn't do anymore work. As soon as Selwin took Aine from her the child stopped whining. Eden could see her daughter light up as Selwin talked with her and played with her. They looked really cute together. It made Eden's chest hurt. She wanted her daughter to have a father but with James out of the picture it didn't look like that was going to happen. "Well it's his lose. Aine is perfect in every way. When I look at her I can't that I helped to create her." Eden said walking over to her daughter and taking her tiny hand in hers.

One thing that really stood out to Selwin was her stubbornness. Even with her memory
gone, she was still the same old stubborn person. This was something he really loved
about Eden, even before. She never really got her stubborness get the best of her, but
although there were situations, like when they would be on missions, where she would
get super stubborn about areas of interest that it drove Selwin crazy. But in the end,
he loved every inch of her, and loved everything about her. Selwin started to smile
after hearing that she wants to remember everything and she wanted to remember
now. "Well, I can imagine the stress you are going through with not knowing
anything and everything that you use to, but don't let it get the best of you."

Said Selwin with a smile as he faced Eden and her child. He started to laugh a little
when he heard Eden say that she did not remember ever getting pregnant. At first,
this whole situation was something that was really bothering him, but now, he seemed
to be enjoying it, somewhat. As confusion and messed up this whole situation was,
a part of Selwin was glad that he is the one that is given the responsibility to handle it.

"Yes, I'm a death eater. And a very powerful one at that. There are things that
you don't know which would very much scare you to death."
Said Selwin as he looked
into his bag to reach for a pen and paper. Selwin started to draw something on the
paper. It was a small drawing of Eden and her child standing together. Selwin had a
special way of preserving memories. Granted that he could just use a spell to extract
his memory of sort, but this was a more useful and a more fun way to use things. He
continued to draw and listened to Eden as she talked. "True, it is his loss. He is
really missing out on a very beautiful child."
Said Selwin as he continued to draw.

Eden took Aine back and placed her on the floor so she could crawl around on the floor and play. It seemed now that Selwin had payed attention to her the child was okay with the grownups talking. With all the other doctors she had seen if they had told her to stop stressing she would have yelled at them for being an idiot but Selwin no there was something comforting about the way he said it. Like maybe he really knew what he was talking about and he wasn't just saying anything to get Eden to shut up. But even with how comforting he was being it felt like he was hiding something from her. The more Eden thought about it the more she realized that he was hiding something but she just couldn't figure out what it was. It was something important that much Eden knew. The longer she was around him the happier she was around him. It felt like they had always been together. It made Eden wonder why her father hadn't sent for him sooner.

"Of course your a powerful Death Eater. If you where weak I highly doubt my father would let you anywhere close to me or Aine. I don't think anyone who is weak is allowed in the house." Eden said without much thought. From what Haruhi had told Eden about Aine's father she had found out that he wasn't a Death Eater. Eden still had a heard time believing that she had let herself fall for someone that didn't work with her. Oh well that was in the past and right in front of her was a very handsome Death Eater who wasn't being very truthful with her. Leaning foreword Eden pressed her lips against Selwin's. It was almost instant. Memories came flooding back. Pulling back Eden looked at Selwin with a strange smile on her lips. "So when where you going to tell me that we where in love?" Eden asked softly.

The more he was around Eden, the more comfortable he felt. This feeling he had
missed for a long time. This sort of feeling was a feeling that disappeared the day
him and Eden decided to go their separate ways. She was the only one that he had
ever truly loved, and to this day, he still loved Eden just as much, if not more than
ever before. Even so, there was something about Eden that was different to him.
It was not that she had lost her memory. Selwin could easily just extract memories
out of his mind and share them with Eden, but he didn't want to do that. He wanted
to take a different approach; an approach that will permanently start to heal her.
Hearing Eden compliment him about how powerful he was and acknowledging the
fact that Koaru would not allow for him to be anywhere near the family if he was
not a power death eater. That was quite true. Koaru and Selwin had their fair
share of differences, and even had a duel at a wedding in the past, a huge duel,
but things were slowly moving on. Selwin knew that Koaru would not be able to stop
him from seeing Eden. Selwin had overpowered Koaru before and he is not afraid
to do it again. Selwin is even more powerful than before, and Koaru knew that.

What happened next really blew Selwin's mind away. The kiss that started it all,
way back when Eden was sitting on the bench, the kiss that brought the two closer
together, Selwin could feel that same feeling coming back to him once again. This
seemed to feel like a new start with Eden. Selwin could sense that Eden was starting
to have another memory flashback again and this proved to be true when he looked
into her eyes. 'This kiss... what does this mean?', Thought Selwin to himself.
Selwin knew Eden very well, from top to bottom and he knew he habits, and pretty
much a lot about her. Eden started with a question asking him when he was going
to tell her that they were in love before. Selwin stood up firmly and looked at Eden.
"I don't really need to tell you everything. Telling you everything will take
years worth of time. I have a better solution to jog your memory back to you,
and have a permanent fix."
Said Selwin as he watched Aine crawl over the floor
towards the door, and then started to turn around to come back to them. It was
true, there was a lot that Eden didn't know about. "Yes, we were in love,
very deeply. We had a lot between each other, and we had things between each
other than other couples search for their entire lives. And to this day, there
wasn't a single moment where I stopped thinking about you."
Said Selwin
as he moved closer to Eden and pulled her in for another passionate kiss on her lips.

What had Eden done? Was this her fathers plan? Bring in an old love and see what happens? That would just like him. Sometimes her father really pissed her off. She really needed to have a talk with him. He needed to realize that Eden was an adult and bringing old loves into the picture might not be the best thing for her. So far nothing bad had happened other than the two of them sharing a kiss but that wasn't the point he needed to learn some respect. Thinking about the kiss that they had just shared Eden sighed. It had been nice but without her memory Selwin might as well be a stranger. But when they kissed it hadn't felt like they where strangers it felt like they had known each other for years.

"How do you plan on fixing my memory? Wave your wand and put all my memories back the way they where?" Eden asked hoping that he could just do that. Even if he could did Eden really want that? It would be nice but than she would never know if she could have get them back on her own. If only she could remember what it was like to be in love with him. When there lips had met for the first time Eden had remembered a few things but not real memories. "I wish I could remember being in love with you." Eden let herself get lost another kiss. Pushing Selwin back slowly Eden got to her feet and picked up Aine and opened the door. Right away one of the nannies took Aine and left them alone. Walking back to Selwin, Eden sat down on his lap and kissed him ripping his shirt open sending buttons flying everywhere.

To Selwin, it was kind of funny how Eden thought that he could just put all of her
memories back inside her mind and be done with it. Well, something like that
perhaps could be possible, however, what was the fun in that? Selwin knew better
than that. He had a few things up his sleeve that would actually drive Eden's
memories back to her faster, and in a much more fun way. Just because Eden
didn't remember much of who he was, that didn't mean he had to just sit there
and wait for her memories to come back. Certain events perhaps could drive
Eden's memories back to her, and that is exactly what Selwin was planning to do
with her. He was slowly going to make her remember everything, and realize
what she has missed out on. "It's not that easy, Eden. What's the fun in
just putting your memories in your head? You should be glad that you have a
chance to experience a new adventure."
Said Selwin as looked towards the
door, seeing Aine being carried to the door by Eden, and then one of the nannies
took the baby Koshiba, leaving Eden and himself alone in the room. Selwin had a
bad feeling about what was going to happen next. So he was going to keep control.
Seeing Eden get on top of him and started to kiss him wildly, it brought back some
interesting memories that he had shared with Eden. As the two kissed passionately,
he felt his shirt being ripped open, buttons flying everywhere. 'Man, that was
a very expensive shirt.. oh well.'
Thought Selwin to himself as he kept kissing
Eden. Slowly down the kissing, he pulled Eden back, and said, "What are we
doing Eden? Don't you feel strange about kissing a person whom you don't
remember having memories about?"
Asked Selwin as he pulled her in to kiss again.

Eden knew that she wasn't going to get her memories back that easily but you couldn't kill her for trying right? Now that they where alone Eden could let herself relax a little bit more. Aine could be a handful at times when she felt like she wasn't the center of attention. As Selwin whispered in her ear about a new adventure. Eden grinned. "This is very true but I'm just relearning all the things I used to know. I would rather know something brand new altogether." Eden said before getting lost in the feelings that she was feeling. With each kiss she saw something else. Most of it didn't make sense since it was mostly colors. But the one thing Eden did understand was that they had been in love and that the feelings had never gone away. With Eden's memory gone what did that mean for them? Could they get back what they once had or was there love a thing of the past? With how Selwin was kissing ehr it seemed that it wasn't in the past. "I don't feel strange about kissing you because I love you." Eden said when she came up for a breath only to be brought back down a second later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back