From Malkin to Bones to Bruke

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka had just been though a good morning under her new Pick-Me-Up that she had made. She needed the energy given by that kind of potion to keep herself going. Sugar was not working as well as she was used to. That and the more energy she had while running of a couple of cups of sugar the further down she fell when it was all over. With this one there was very little fall and a lot more energy. Of course there was a fall none the less and Zazuka was feeling it at the moment. She was wondering the dungeons without a real place to go.

There was someone she had to talk to here though. Andrew would or would not know what was going on between her uncle and his godmother. She had gotten the letter the week before that they planned to get married. From what Zazuka had heard about her uncle this was a big step for him. Zazuka was happy that he found someone to love but still she wondered what Andrew would think about the two being somewhat related. Not that she ever spent too much time with her Uncle Mortimer. Her aunt and uncle where both nice to her but they both had lives too. Her aunt had gotten married not too long ago. While she was welcome where she was Zazuka could not go there. Beak Street had too much dark energy for her to stomach.

It was that dark energy that had her so messed up at the moment though Zazuka could not understand why. She had been in dark places before and worst she had gotten was nightmares for a few days. After that she had been perfectly fine. The dungeons seemed to turn darker. There was a feeling of death all around her and Zazuka up her hands over her eyes. “Not there.” She had to tell herself. “Not there”

Andrew was having a problem to understand one of the Potion theory thus he had decided to pay a visit to the potions master. Making his way back through the dungeons, he hummed a little song. His mood had been turned cheerful in the past week since he had received a letter from Mallory. It was announcing Mallory's marriage with Mortimer Bones, Zuka's uncle. That didn't bother Andrew since he was long over feeling for Zuka. He had then started having feelings for Caina and now that she had left, he was alone again. However, that didn't mean he was thinking about Zazuka.

Thinking about the fact that he was allowed to bring as many friends as he wished for holidays at the White Serpent Manor so that they would attend Mal's wedding made him happier. He already had some names filled in his list and he was soon going to tell them. As all these thought ran through his mind, Andrew walked closer to the common room.

Just as he took a turn he realized a familiar figure standing in front of him, Zazuka Bones. However, she wasn't normal-ish. Andrew was aware that she was now an official seer and therefore acted weird at times but he couldn't help but wonder what was going on. Approaching her, he spoke her name "Zazuka." Taking a look around to see if anyone was scaring her, he found nothing. "Are you alright?"he inquired.

Zazuka, with Seer eyes, saw a figure infront of her. She saw horrible, cold violet eyes and let out a pearcing scream. With a blink it was all gone. Who was in front of her was Andrew Bruke, the very person she was thinking about. "Sorry, so sorry." She said as she gathered herself. She knew that she had already gotten a reputation for acting strainge but this was too much even for Z.

She took a deep breath then calmed herself. "Trapped somewhere I didn't really want to be." She said with a weak smile. "I take it you heard the news." She said hoping that they could get on to the wedding and not have to talk about what she was going through at the moment. The memory of the vision was already starting to faid as it often did so there was not much left to tell if Andrew decided to ask.

Andrew watched her apologize and come out of something like a trance. As she told him what had been happening, Andrew as usual did not understand what she meant however he choose it was best to not ask to explain. "Yeah, just got the owl a week back" he said with a smile as Zuka said he got the news. He thought it was rather nice that Mal and Morty had decided to get married. That way he would actually attend his very first wizarding wedding!

"They said the date is somewhere in Winter"
he said wondering if Zuka knew that. That again was a good thing because all the young people would be able to attend the wedding during the holidays.

Zazuka smiled wide though she wasn’t feeling the sunshine much. Though whatever had gone though her head at the moment was already gone the feelings of fear where still there. Feelings that Zazuka was an expert at hiding. “Oh wow that’s wonderful. I guess Mallory is just as existed about the marriage as he is. Aunt Alex said that she hadn’t seen him so happy since he got Prefect states at Hogwarts Scotland.” She said laughing into her hands. She had seen Andrew a bit cooler as of late but not for nothing was Zazuka called Ms. Mary Sunshine by her peers.

Zazuka nodded again when Andrew said that he would be brining along some of his friends. “I’ve been allowed to do the same thing. I’m sure Andy would be happy to see a wedding that did not include her mother and that horrible man of hers.” She said shaking her head. It wasn’t often that Zazuka said a negative thing about anyone but when she did she did not hold back.

Andrew grinned as Zazuka mentioned how excited Mallory and Mortimer must be. "Wow" he said laughing with Zuka as she mentioned that the last time Morty was excited was when he got to be a prefect. Andrew could clearly remember his day of getting the letter which told him that he was now a prefect and the way he was excited. "It would be nice to see Andy in the holidays" he said with a smile.

Andromeda had always been the best. She was the perfect friend one could have and AB was glad that Andy and Zuka's friendship was that one that would last forever. "I would be inviting some Slytherin friends and Kasey. Would have invited you if you weren't invited already" he said with a goofy grin.

Andrew had a question of sort in his head from a while. He decided it was best to ask. "So will this make us relatives?" he asked knowing it was very stupid question and now that he had asked it, it sounded even stupider.

Zazuka beamed then laughed into her hand. "I know but then it is a huge honer to be Prefect." She said with a wide smile on her face. She nodded. "I will be lovely to see everyone outside of school really." She said brightly. She was already looking forward to the winter holiday. Zazuka sort of rolled her eyes when she heard of her Slytherin friends. She would be happy to see them but she had felt a bit of negative energy from them.

Zazuka shook her head. "Well yeah sort of. I heard once that if Mallory married that she would adopt you as her son and I'm blood related to Mortimer so that would make us cousins right?" She said opening her arms wide. She wanted to give him his first hug as someone from her extended family. Though her father and her brothers hated her it was her aunt and uncle who showed her that all Bones where bad. To have Andrew to call family would make that even more true.

Andrew laughed along with Zuka. It was nice to be talking to her after such a long time in this friendly manner. Andrew nodded as Zuka mentioned that Mallory was going to adopt him. The idea of them being cousins made him smile widely. He gave Zazuka hug and for the first time hugging her brought a friendly and different feeling from the one he had experienced before.

"But I'd like to stick to my surname. Andrew Bones doesn't sound so good to be but then it would still stay AB" he said shrugging slightly. He didn't know if Mal would accept of that but he had a strong thing for his second name and he wasn't willing to change it. He knew it came from his muggle father and that would be the only way to search for the filthy cheat and take his revenge.

Until that moment Zazuka had not known how much she had missed Andrew as a friend. They had always been friends really but something had confused that somewhere. Zazuka looked upon Andrew as a friend now and as family. “I seem to be collecting a large number of friends and family here. It feels nice.” She said laughing into her hand. The experience with the vision when this started all but left her now.

Zazuka laughed a little louder when she contemplated the name Andrew Bones, making it go from a soft dreamy giggle to something that sounded like bells. “It doesn’t seem to suit you. Andrew Bruke is just fine.” She said with a beaming sunshine smile. She was sure that Mallory would let Andrew stay with his last name and Mortimer would be more than happy to. She had heard him talking one day while visiting them with Epiphany and had heard that he had been planning to have his own children with her if things went right.

Zazuka was looking forward to seeing more little cousins but again it was comforting to have someone like Andrew to call family. “Did I ever mention that I discovered a sister during the last winter brake?” She asked now thinking upon the little girl that she had left in the care of Andy’s godmother.

Andrew smiled, hearing Zuka talk about collecting family and friends. "Its mostly friends for me so this will be a new and nice experience"he said still smiling. He agreed, Andrew Bruke was suiting him and he knew that Mal wouldn't force him to change that. When Zuka mentioned that she had found a new sister, he raised an eyebrow letting out a smile. "No, who is it?"he asked wondering how Zuka and her 'new' sister were related.

He was happy to be one of the few who knew about Zuka's family. He was happy that she was now comfortable in the wizarding world. "Where do you go in holidays?"he asked curiously. It was obvious that she would be somewhere with her best friend, Andy or maybe Brian, her boyfriend. Although all of AB's feelings for Zuka as a girlfriend had died long ago but he would never understand why she liked Brian, the name itself made him groan.

Talking to Andrew made Zazuka fell wonderful even though she knew that the feelings that they once had for each other had gone out. It seemed like they where better off as friends after all and Zazuka was happy that he didn’t think ill of her because of what she had done. Zazuka put her hands together behind her back. “My father found me during our winter break. It wasn’t a pleasant experience but I got to save little Epiphany from ending up just like or even worse than me. Epiphany is a blood relation.” She said. Andrew knew that her life had not been all sugar and spice and everything nice far from it. He would also understand that she would never want what happened to her to happen to anyone ever again.

Zazuka contemplated Andrew’s next question carefully. “I will spend my holidays as I usually do. Here and there and everywhere. It seems like the holidays for Hogwarts students are made for running around.” She said laughing into her hand some. Though she had not been feeling all that well when she had first seen Andrew she was glad that her abilities were not acting up again.

Andrew smiled as Zazuka explained how she had found her new sister, Epiphany. "Nice to know that you saved someone" he told her truly meaning it. What had happened to Zuka shouldn't happen to anyone else. "Will she be going with you?"he asked her curious about Zuka's sister. As Zazuka mentioned roaming on her holidays he agreed. It was mostly the same with Andrew. He usually spent time with Mal and then at other times went with Jake or some of his other friends.

"Good to know we have to look forward to a wedding. I've never attended a wizarding wedding before" he told her excitedly. "what about you?"he asked Zazuka as they walked through the dungeons their footsteps echoing loudly in the empty halls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back