Frolicking In The Sun

Sasha Hayden

Sasha spun around on the grass, holding her heels in her hands. She was in a good mood. She had made a friend who wouldn't stab her in the back, and it seemed that the sun was starting to peek out behind the gloomy clouds. She had a big smile on her face. Could her life possibly be getting better? She had no clue, she just knew that she was enjoying the good things that were happening at the moment.

After spinning around repeatedly, she got dizzy and fell to the earth. She lay in he grass as she waited for a few minutes to pass so she could get her brain back to normal again. Then she sat up. As she did so, she noticed a boy who looked about her age nearby. For he first time, she wasn't scared of a stranger. She decided not to avoid. She couldn't make friends that way.

"Hi," she said, standing up again, the smile still on her face. "I'm Sasha Hayden. How are you?"

Logan was out and about today. Dertermind to go one day without studying. He made his way up to the cliffs to admire the beautiful view that you could get from there. Once at the top he sat down and brought his knees to his chest and looked out over the water.
He turned around when he heard someone who he assumed to be calling to him. He smiled when he noticed that it was actually someone talking to him. He stood up to greet them, feeling rude if he didnt. " Hello Sasha. Im Logan." He said the noticing that she looked familiar. " Say urm do i know you because you look familiar."

"Nice to meet you, Logan," Sasha said, still wearing her smile. "I don't think so... but I'm not sure. My brain's gone in to overload recently and it seems more difficult to remember things. Those professors really pile on the work! But it helps to learn, so I'm thankful."

She wasn't even going to bother trying to hide her true self. She could already tell that Logan was a nice person. She had learned enough about people and the way they act. She could detect acting. This wasn't an act.

"Learning and being teased for being smart maybe is better than being dumb and left alone," she added, more to herself.

Logan smiled back at her as she spoke. He tried to think of where he knew her from. Then it came to him just like that. " Yeah well i do like a challenge and you get teased about being smart? Bad luck, i never get teased about being smart. I love it. I will give you a hint though, when somone does tease you about it say something really long and complicated that they wont understand at all then just walk off." He laughed at the memory of when he did that last. " Its so much fun. Also i know where your from, we have lessons together i think. Hufflepuff right?" Logan was good with faces and it never took him long to recognise one

Sasha listened as he spoke. It sounded like something fun to do. She decided to come up with one, just to start doing it.

"That's a good idea," she said. "The funny thing is, I got teased about it, and I don't even think I'm that smart. Just not stupid. Yeah, I'm in Hufflepuff. You're a Ravenclaw, I think? I loathe sinister tormentors who think that they control this whole academy! I'm just glad that I'm able to gain wisdom on magic and the sort."

She realized it was fun to use words that were in her vocabulary, not using easy words as an act.

Logan frowned then giggled. " That is funny. Its the opposite with me. I know im smart and so does everyone but i never get teased. I dont know why but it wouldnt even bother me if they did because in the end im the one who is going to be smart and have a good job and they are going to be homeless." He laughed then shrugged. " I just look at the long term things. Anyway as long as my girl friend doesnt care then neither do i." He smiled at the thought of Lily

Sasha smiled. She decided that she would change her act a bit. She would pretend to be a person who had great vocabulary, but wasn't that smart about everything else. It was just so hard to use words that 5 year olds knew when she could use words like "luxurious", "immense", and all of those wonderful, more than one syllable words.

"Now that I think of it," she said. "Maybe it's not a universal thing. And I shouldn't let it get to me, anyhow. If they come up with awful offenses, it isn't my predicament. I'm proud of being smart, just annoyed by having to cover it up. Thanks for helping me kind of realize that."

Logan nodded as he listened to her speak. Most people in their year wouldnt have understood her but he did. " Yes i must agree with you there. I am proud of being smart also and if people are to shallow to accept other people knowledge then they should just keep to themselves and not intrude on other peoples life style." He kept his own speech a little less complicated for her just in case. He didnt really talk with long words like that when he was talking to someone anyway

Sasha nodded.

"Smarts are awesome," she said. "And if they're not smart and are jealous, maybe they should try harder in classes. I'm not perfect in every class, but I try my best. If there's no way I can possibly do it, at least I can put my effort in to it."

Logan smiled. He agreed with what she said all they way until the last letter. " Yeah i feel the exact same way. Smarts are cool and people who arent part of the group are jealous." He laughed and raised his hand. " High five for smartness." He said, knowing the last word was bad grammer but that was the joke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back