Friends Can Have Anniversary's Right?

Ursula Ciccone

OOC First Name
Nichole
Sexual Orientation
Confused
Ursula was a master planner. She'd been deciding for weeks what she was going to do for hers and Mine's friennaversery. Much like her Hufflepuff friend Urs had to be super sneaky, and while normally she wasn't one to break rules, for Vilhelmine she would do pretty much anything. After all the not-so-social Claw only had one best friend at the school as it was. So that night while dodging patrols she set up the idea on the edge of the forest. Then of course she had to find a victim willing to go fetch Mine for a few sweets or a couple Galleons. That would be what took the longest she supposed. She then hoped that Mine would take the idea of a blindfold well - which she did. It was interesting to have a friend so willing to trust her, so willing to let her take her anywhere. She could have been pushing Mine in the lake - but no the child trusted Ursula's loyalty. When all was said and done the girls were by the lakefront, on the edge of the forest where there was a tree. From the tree was made the best pillow fort that could be managed by the novice. Ursula turned to Vilhelmine and spoke quietly. "You can remove your blindfold. Happy Friennaversary!" She then allowed for the blue bell charm to come from the tip of her wand and land on top of the stick that had originally meant to be a candle. She just hoped her friend liked the idea - and appreciated the home made cookies.

Vilhelmine hated curfews. She was a night owl by nature, always more peaceful by moonlight, less afraid. When everybody was sleeping, the world almost seemed to exist just for her - or for her and Ursula, when the two of them met up to sneak around. It was always a risky thing to do, but for Vilhelmine, the potential punishment was greatly outweighed by the few hours of peace and happiness she could share with her best friend. So when she was woken by the whispers of a girl telling her that Ursula was outside the common room, she was up almost instantly, her tiredness receding like a wave on the shore. She changed her slippers for shoes and pulled her robe over her pyjamas, and then quietly crept out of the dormitory, careful not to wake anybody who might ask where she was going. It wasn't too hard. She'd done this before.

What was new was being blindfolded. She gave Ursula a sceptical look, but agreed, closing her eyes as the fabric was wrapped around them and tied up behind her head. Without sight, her hearing was amplified, the thumping of her heart turning into the hammering of an angry fist on a hollow door. Her entire body buzzed with fear and excitement - fear that she might trip and fall, or stumble on the steps, and excitement for what Ursula wanted to show her. It took some time, Vilhelmine being slow to walk even with her vision unobscured, but at last they made outside and came to a halt somewhere on the grass. The breeze was warm and pleasant, and somewhere not too far away an owl was hooting. Vilhelmine lifted off her blindfold.

"Frienna...?" she said, trailing off as she took in the scene before her. Ursula had built a pillow fort, here by the lake, complete with cookies and blankets and and a sort of makeshift candle for light. It was... beautiful. And Ursula had done this all for her? "What is Frienaversree?" she asked, turning her wide eyes upon her friend. "What is that?"

The dark haired woman was so sure that the surprise would be the suprisiest - was that a word? Most surprising was probably more correct but less fun to say. The military born girl watched her friend look at all the bits and bobbles that she'd placed around their little "campsite" and smiled wide, her gums which seemed all too large for her mouth sometimes, were visible with the kind of smile she had on her face. Ursula even swept her blue orbs around the little yard area, knowing they'd get caught eventually but uncaring for the moment. "Oh it's an anniversary of our friendship! We've been friends for a whole year officially!" The ravenclaw exclaimed. "I got us cakes, and cookies from the kitchen, and fruits and fairy cakes. I also got us this bubbly drink that looks like wine but it's not wine don't worry!" She spoke, showing her a bottle of the carbonated grape juice. "I've never had a best friend living on the base - there aren't really a lot of girls my age, mostly boys and dads and moms..." She looked at the ground. "So why not celebrate my best friendship ever like this?" She inquired, picking up a goblet stolen from the castle for their use - she planned on returning it though when she cleaned up!

Ursula's face looked soft in the moonlight. Why was Vilhelmine noticing that now? She looked back at the little camp, taking a moment to appreciate just how long it must have taken the Ravenclaw to bring so many supplies out to the lawn. Ursula was still talking excitedly when Vilhelmine looked back at her, hardly even hearing any more, the quick English words melting into the sky like snowflakes on a river; and she was thinking, bizarrely, that she would very much liked to have kissed her friend, to silence her with her lips, to taste the snowflakes on her tongue. But then suddenly Ursula was calling their friendship the best she'd ever had, and Vilhelmine was back on earth, the moment gone. She couldn't kiss her friend. Not only was it a ridiculous thing to think about - she'd never thought about kissing anybody before, much less a girl! - but if Ursula didn't want to kiss her back, their friendship might never have been the same again. And how could Vilhelmine ruin the best friendship of Ursula's life?

So she just smiled, smiled and stepped forward to give Ursula a hug, which was very unlike Vilhelmine in itself. She wasn't a touchy-feely person - something her friend knew better than anybody else. But in that moment, she just wanted to feel... close to somebody. Close to Ursula. It was just a friendly hug, and after a moment the Hufflepuff pulled away. "Thank you," she said, sincerely. "You are my best friend." Then, before it could become awkward, she climbed ungracefully to the ground and crawled into the fort. "I want to try the not-wine," she said. "Sometimes, I drink fizzy juice and pretend it is wine, and I am old, like my dad." She moved a cushion around, making herself comfortable. "Being an adult sounds fun, don't you think?"

Ursula was completely unaware of anything in Mine's mind. She tried not to dwell hard on mind reading knowing unless she really tried hard in certain classes, it would never happen. And that was okay in the girls mind. After all, what could she do if she wasn't interested but remain oblivious. However the want to read Vil's mind became stronger when her friend hugged her. After all Vilhelmine was never one to hug or touch another person. Not that she'd seen. Or heard of. The dark haired student smiled though a briefly returned the hug her friend bestowed upon her. Then it was over. Vil was gone and inside the fort.

"Wait up!" She said grabbing the bottle and going inside the fort which was alight with magic. It was an easy spell she was sure but it had take a long time to conjure the blue bells (or so she assumed they were called) in order to light up the tent. After all, She was still quite the novice with magic as well. She climbed and made herself comfortable, grabbing another cup and pouring drinks for them. "If we get caught this time let me take the blame." She said handing over the mug and then rummaging for some sweets for them. "Here, chocolate frog?" She offered. The bright light reflected off ursula's orbs as she looked at her puff friend, looking at her short hair which was uncombed. It was funny to Ursula and suddenly she wish ed she had a camera to capture it and later use it as an embarrassing story when telling their future husbands about each other.

While Ursula poured the drinks, Vilhelmine gazed up at the ceiling of the pillow-fort, mesmerised by the dancing pattern cast against the fabric by the pretty blue flames. Like shadows in reverse. Vilhelmine had only ever seen light move that way through the broken branches of swaying trees. She could have got used to this life.

Accepting the mug, Vilhelmine curled both hands around it, as if clasping a hot flask for warmth. But it was not cold - the September breeze was mild, even pleasant; and Vilhelmine was wearing thick pyjamas, her robe layered on top of those. "I would not let you do that," she told her friend seriously. "It is very - noble, I think? but I am as much out here at night as you, and I am happy to take blame." She brought her mug to her lips and took a sip, the fizzy liquid tickling her mouth and throat. "Hm," she said thoughtfully. "I would prefer cake. But now, I am fine. Thank you." She met Ursula's eyes, smiling what might have been considered a rare smile, if one presumed she had nothing to smile about. Actually, she had plenty. "Your eyes are very blue," she said. "Like ice." Then she realised that was a strange comment to make, and quickly averted her gaze, changing the subject as swiftly. "Once, when I was eight, I made a fort just like this one, but not so good, because I did not have nice pillows. I slept out in it all night. I was trying to hide from my foster brother, Michael. He was not nice. When I would be sleeping in my bed, he would come in and draw on my face, in forever ink. He gave me an eye-patch and a beard and said I was a pirate. But one day, I got him back. When he was in the shower, I took all of his clothes - all of them, from his room as well - and threw them into our neighbour's garden. He had to climb over the fence to get them back." She grinned. "Although, I was not allowed out of the house for a month after that. When Michael did mean things to me, he did not get punished the way I did. It was not very fair. They were a bad family." Vil sipped her drink again, and then looked at Ursula. "I think that friends can be family, too, don't you? But better, because you choose them. I would choose you every day."

Ursula was secretly worried that Vil wouldn't like her gift. Though it wasn't something she could have forever, for once they were caught or daylight came they'd have to pack up, it would hopefully be a good memory. Ursula had found memories are sometimes the best gifts a person can give after all. When everyone was gone, or a person was alone, a memory could light up a dark sky, and paint a good feeling in someone's soul. The dark haired girl smiled. "Thank you i think." She responded to the comment of her eyes being blue. Ursula sipped from her goblet and listened to the story Vilhelmine was telling. There was something both sad and beautiful about the story - beautiful was the way her best friend told it sad of course was the content. Ursula in that moment wished she could have adopted her friend, and not had her go through any of that.

"Want me to find them? My dad could help me? After all Military discipline goes a long way." She offered, an almost comical offer considering she was barely a teen. "You don't have a choice with me. You're stuck even if you want to unchoose me." She remarked with a laugh. "But I hope you don't. I like having you as a best friend." Urs reached forward and adjusted a hair which had been sticking straight up so it would lay flatter. "How have classes been?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back