OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Undecided
Wand
Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather
OOCOut of Character:
This be a place holder

Brunhilde was not the greatest mother in the world; this was something she could admit to. She hadn't been expecting trophies and ribbons when she'd adopted Giselle. Even if Brunhilde hadn't missed ten years of the girl's life, the witch would've doubted her abilities as a parent. As a person, Brunhilde was distant at best. Her best friend had always been Solitude. In a way, she was a selfish woman. Her primary focus was herself; she was seated comfortably on the broom of life while everyone else rode on the bristles.

Yet here she was, putting quill to parchment. Something within had prompted her to sit down and just try. If she didn't make a connection with Giselle now, she probably never would. Brunhilde was just as rubbish at cultivating relationships as she was plants. Nevertheless, she had to start. Who was Giselle? The girl was her daughter only on paper.

Pinning her hair into a ponytail, the bony witch leaned forward, hovering over the desk. Writing letters was never easy, especially to those one didn't know. Brunhilde let her uncertainties spill onto the page as she began a letter to a twelve-year-old girl.
Giselle,

I can't pretend to be your mother, and would fail if I tried. That is why I believe it would be better to write as a friend. We haven't spoken much and haven't written at all, but that is something we should change. So, I will start with something simple.

Which class do you enjoy the most?

Sincerely,
Brunhilde

A handsome fish owl dove into the Great Hall and soared above the breakfast dishes. Those dining below didn't have to worry about this proud bird; she wouldn't peck at anything that had been baked, boiled, fried, or sun-dried. Dropping an envelope on a Gryffindor's plate, she took off in pursuit of a better breakfast.

If anyone was to look at Giselle they would see a petite brunette, with her loose curls bouncing, as she chatted away to her friends beside her. Giselle was full of energy today because Quidditch try-outs were happening and while she wanted so badly to try out she felt that there was too many older pupils still on the team from previous years and she knew she wouldn’t have much hope getting on the team. She oh so badly wanted to take up the beater position that her brother Aiden left free when he graduated from Hogwarts at the end of the last year, but she decided to wait. Aiden had promised to teach her a few moves during the holidays but with him getting signed on to a Professional team and spending all his other time with that Miriah person that Giselle didn’t like an awful lot – he never found the time. Although Giselle loved her older brother so she forgave him and knew that he’d make it up to her at another time.

When the morning post around Giselle didn’t lift her head as she knew that she wouldn’t be getting any post; the only thing she would get would be an occasional Quidditch magazine but it wasn’t time for it to come out. So when she saw a letter plop down in front her she was startled a bit. Looking at the owl she frowned her eyebrows a moment as she tried to place how she knew it. It looked familiar but she didn’t know how. Picking up the letter she only confirmed that it was for her. Opening it she read and was a little surprised but a small smile found her lips. She hadn’t really talked to her new family much since they adopted her over a year ago but her mum had tried too and she appreciated it but at the time Giselle wasn’t in the mood to make many new friends, or family members for that matter. Although Giselle had long since gotten over her little strop and appreciated the small letter; and it was small.

Brunhilde,

Thank you for the letter, I think it’s really sweet of you. I’m sorry if I’m not the easiest person to get along with but I take some time getting used to new surroundings and I think it took me a bit longer to get used to a new home.

To answer your question I would have to say flying...if second years got to do it. I was actually quite upset when I found out that we don’t have it anymore but after that I’m going to say....Transfiguration. I’m not very good at the theory work, in any class really, but I enjoy the practical part a lot.

What classes did you enjoy most when you were at school?

- Giselle.

Finishing off her reply to Brunhilde she smiled softly, it was a nice thing of her to do and a small part of her did want things to work out a bit better for her and her new family. It would be nice to have a mother seeing as she never knew her own mother but at least Brunhilde was making an effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back