Friendly Letters

Vanessa Parker

Vanessa walked in to the Owlery. She looked around at all the owls. She picked one that seemed to look straight at her, as if waiting for directions. She folded up the letter to her friend at Durmstrang and gave it to the owl. She sent it off and watched it become just a speck in the sky until it wasn't visible.
Dear Veronica,

Sorry for not writing in a while. I've been a little busy. But now I found some free time and I'm using it to write to you. How have you been? I've been okay. Just a little busy, as you can tell from the beginning of this letter. Can't wait until next Brightstone weekend! Please write back soon!

Your Friend,
Vanessa

It had been many days since Veronica had got any mail. Normally her mother sent her an owl asking for her presence for a weekend but that hadn't happened for two weeks now. She was missing NewZealand a bit and that seemed a little weird because how could she miss a place that she didn't like so much? She had intentions of going there when the Hogwarts Kids had a brightsone weekend so she could see her two Hogwarts friends, Vanessa and Shaylah. She missed them. She got a letter that afternoon from Vanessa and she quickly wrote back.
Dear Vanessa,

Its great to hear from you. Its okay no apologies between friends :D School can get busy and even I have been busy lately. When is the next brightstone weekend? I intend to come see you! By the way, I am happy to say that I moved on and got a new boyfriend. I hadn't been hoping to get one but things just clicked and well I like him. He is bisexual but at the moment he is into me so I think that's allright. He's really sweet and fortunate or unfortunately happens to be my x's x best friend. They aren't sharing a dorm from a while now, I hope that's not because of me. I even moved to a new room. My roomie is Sally Kuang who is my best friend and my x's sister. Glad to say that things between Zac and I are normal and we are good and close friends. I can say he is my favorite guy friend. Hows thing in NewZealand? We have winter here and its fun making snowmen and playing snowball fights but we can't fly much. I had visited Paris, France a week back for the Paris Fashion Week for the latest winter collection! It was awesome. I got you a winter dress, I'll give you when we meet because the poor owl is too weak to carry this in the harsh winter. Lol. Waiting to hear from you again.

Your friend,
Veronica

Vanessa was happy when she received a letter from Veronica. She immediately got her writing supplies and replied to the letter.
Dear Veronica,

The next Brightstone weekend is sometime in the middle of March. I can't remember the exact date, though. I'm glad to hear that you've got a new boyfriend and have moved on. I doubt that the dorm thing with him and your x is about you. Don't worry about it.

I'm also glad to hear that you're close friends with Zac now. At least you can still be friends. For me, things are pretty much normal. Classes, homework, reading, etc. I'd like to hear about Paris. I've never been there, but I know about stuff like the Eiffel Tower. Thanks for getting me something. I promise to have something for you when I see you.

Your Friend,
Vanessa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back