Friend or Foe?

Thorn

OOC First Name
Ash
With a rather Larger bucket of rotten potatoes on her small frail hands, Thorn made her way out of the Kitchen to find a bin to put them in, the odor was disgusting but she kept on walking trying to ignore the smell which seemed to weave around her small frail body and through her hair.
The Small Elf could hardly see around the bucket and occasionally ducked to have a look but it was hard to keep balance. The Bucket swayed back and forth as she tried to walk straight and her hair was getting in the way, Some of the other Elves had tried to cut it off, either they were jealous or just plain mean. but they had gotten some fairly big chunks out of it.
Thorn walk making her way up a small flight of stairts to head through the dungeons when something sent her flying backwards and her bucket flying. Thorn sat up from her newly aquired spot on the floor and shook her head, she saw a Student and she scrambeled to gather the rotting potatoes and put them back in the bucket. 'I'm sorry Master, please forgive this stupid Elf, i will accept any punishment you chose' She said her voice shaking slightly. She Gathered the Potatoes into the Bucket and scurried to the Students feet and knelt head down and ready for some punishment.

Napoleon was returning to the kitchens. He had discovered their existence in the very early days of Hogwarts and frequently returned to be doted on by house elves whenever he felt. He neared the bottom of the staircase and tripped on what he initially thought was a bundle of dirty clothes. He stumbled down the last few steps and landed face down on the stone floor. Napoleon moaned, slowly bringing himself to his feet once more and looking to see the cause of his tumble – a house elf. Students weren’t supposed to see them outside the kitchen, his mother had once told him that it was a mark of a good house elf to never be seen and therefore the creature before him can’t be a very good one.

It was what the elf said next which puzzled Napoleon the most. “What punishment?” Napoleon met the elf’s statement with confusion, “Why would I give you a punishment? Am I even your master?” He knelt down to the elf’s level and helped her to collect the potatoes. “Urgh” Napoleon couldn’t help but grunt in displeasure as it wasn’t until he had the vegetable cupped in his hand that he realised it was soggy, discoloured and rotten. He threw the potato into the bucket, wiped his hands on his trouser leg and stood up. Perhaps he could help the elf by some other means. “That bucket looks heavy, do you want a hand carrying it?”

'All Students and Staff are our Masters to a certain level.' she murmered as she heard the boy collect one of the potatoes and she snickered a little bit 'Silly People don't know about rotten potatoes, So Silly' she thought to herself before she pulled herself up from the ground and looked at the boy who didn't seem to be wanting to punish her, which was a good change,
Thorn shook her head at the boys request 'No i can take it, it would be bad to let you help me' she said as she quickly ran to the bucket her voice was sweet and innocent as she murmered to herself 'Stupid Elf' she cursed to herself for making herself seem incompitent. Thorn picked up the bucket and swayed for a bit before walking towards the stairs again. The Bucket she was holding wouldn't be much different from a bucket of water for a human but for her it seemed like a Massive water tank.

“Oh really?” It was obvious Napoleon was interested by the tone of his voice, “You say to a certain level, what would be the limits for a first year?” Napoleon could do with someone to tidy his things, run a few errands and essentially use as a slave. “Are you sure you don’t want any help? I recently mastered a handy levitation spell which will save you some time.” He produced his wand and spun it between his fingers, “You want to see it?”

'By a certain level i mean professors are ranked higher then first years so if a first year says to do something and any year above it says another i would do what the superior level said' she squeaked softly as she started to walk forwards.
Thorn heard him mention a spell and she crinkeled her nose 'Uhm Okay' she said not wanting to dissapoint him by not wanting to see it, he seemed rather proud of the spell he had mastered.

The Small elf put the bucket down 'Is here Okay?' she asked

“Okay, watch this.” Napoleon removed his wand from his pocket and pointed it at the house elves bucket, pulling an odd facial expression which demonstrated that he was concentrating intently. “Wingardium Leviosa” As he spoke, the bucket rose a couple of inches and remained suspended in the air. “Er I haven’t practiced making levitated objects move anywhere so this might not be any good.” He warned the house elf, slowly moving his wand which the bucket followed. The house elf might be quicker if she was to carry the bucket herself but he couldn’t move any faster in case of spilling it’s content. “Where did you want it taking?” He asked without removing his gaze from the bucket, magic required great concentration. He thought helping a house elf like this might put him in good sted, she had already explained the hierarchy but this could earn him favour and more respect from, and then he remembered he had never asked the house elf’s name. “Sorry I never asked your name!” It was this loss of concentration which caused the bucket to crash back down to the ground.

Thorn watched the bucket rise and smiled slightly, she liked magic just not using the horrible stuff she took a few steps back when warned and continued to watch 'Well i was going to take it to the rose bush near my little work shop i've hidden near there so i could make a compost mix like i do with all the scraps so that it can be broken down and used to keep the Rosebush healthy' she said but then realised that she was out of line and kept quiet, the boy asked her name and then dropped the bucket and she squeaked and quickly rushed to pick up all the rotten potatos and put them back in the basket 'My name is Thorn' she begun 'If it pleases you Master....' she waited for him to give her a name to address, IF he wanted her to address him by his name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back