OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Nell)
Jasper had gotten Rose to agree to his help last year, so when they returned to Hogwarts he'd sent her a note to meet him here. She was Lily's sister, and Jasper felt obligated to help her. On top of that, he also thought she was a pretty funny person on her own. He didn't get why she seemed to think she had to be exactly like Lily. As sweet as Lily was, she wasn't perfect either. He'd once thought so, but some time and reflection had made him see her as more of a person, rather than just the pretty and sweet girl he had seen first. Rose was different, but that was fine. Everyone was their own person, and Jasper was nothing like his grumpy cousins. He paced back and forth in the trophy room, where he'd asked Rose to come meet him. He hoped she would hurry up, his stomach was rumbling and he regretted not grabbing lunch before this meeting.

Rose was unsure about this entire thing. She had no idea what Jasper was thinking, or even what her older sister would think if she found out Rose had let herself be talked into something as... weird as this was. She sighed, hiking her bag up higher on her shoulder. Well, she'd already promised. She sighed again before opening the door and stepping inside. "Jasper," She greeted cooly, stepping inside.

Jasper hadn't thought this through as much as he probably should have, something he realized as Rose stepped into the Trophy room. He'd been figuring things would go kind of naturally, but he wasn't so sure now. "Uh, hey." He said, waving at her. "Ready for Jasper's awesome friendship lessons?" He said, grinning with more confidence now. "How was your break?" He added, as he was curious how Rose was doing in general before launching into things. Maybe he could help her with friendship by actually being a friend to her.

Rose raised a brow, smirking a little and leaning back against the door. "You actually have a plan?" She teased lightly. "My break was alright, just sat around playing my guitar." She shrugged. "What about you, pretty boy? What were you up to over break?" She asked in return, curious what he found as fun.

Jasper scoffed as Rose doubted he had a plan, even though he didn't. "Of course I do, I wouldn't be an expert otherwise right?" He told her confidently, running a hand through his hair. "You play guitar? That's cool. Also easily something you can use to impress people and make friends." He said with a grin. He blushed a bit as she called him pretty boy. "Uh, is that my nickname now? I just did the usual stuff. Mischief, and all that." He said with a slight grin. "Some Quidditch, some other games with my dad." Jasper always liked spending time with his dad at home, he was still pretty much down for the same games they'd played when he was a young kid.

Rose shrugged, not wanting to insult him when he was trying to help her. "You never really seem like you have a plan for anything," She countered with a sly smile. Okay, she could only resist so much. She nodded. "Yeah, but Lily has to sing for me, I can't sing to save my life," she rolled her eyes. She smirked as he blushed. "Well, it fits. Lils had a crush on you like... a year ago or something, for a hot minute, and I'm pretty sure I caught Emily looking at you a few times. Must be the hair," She joked idly.

Jasper wondered with a bit of nervousness if Rose was flirting with him, and how Lily would react to that if she knew. He cleared his throat. "Well, that's fine. You don't have to be able to sing and play guitar. Most people I know can't do either of them." He told her with a shrug. "Don't compare yourself to your sister so much." He told her sternly. "You mention her every time you talk about yourself." He blushed at her comment about Lily, shaking his head quickly. "Yeah, right." He scoffed, though he ran a hand through his hair at her words anyway. "We're not here to talk about me." He added hurriedly.

Rose shrugged. It made it hard to have a band when everyone expected the lead singer to be in charge. She blinked as he scolded her, surprised. She couldn't help but smirk a little. He was certainly bold, she'd give him that. She shrugged away from the door, moving closer to find a place to sit. "Alright then, pretty boy," She turned back to him. "What are we talking about?" She asked.

Jasper relaxed a little when she stopped talking about Lily, though the thought that she used to have a crush on him was still in his head. Jasper had said something similar, and it was frustrating to hear. He shrugged. "We're talking about you, and how you're going to get a bunch of friends." He said with a slight grin. "Though you don't seem as gruff and stoic as usual today, you're even teasing me. You need less help than I thought." He told her. "Just show this side to people, and they'll like you. Rather than the scary angry Rose."

Rose's smile faded as he spoke, shifting a bit. "That... isn't a good idea," she told him, sighing as she sat on the floor. "I'm the tallest. I'm the youngest. Lily is so soft and sweet. I... I used to be this way all the time." She told him, running her hands through her hair. "No one took me seriously. Lily... got bullied. Pretty often, before we came here. I had to toughen up to protect her. You know her. She's never been able to look out for herself. I can't be soft. The world is too rough for me to play nice." She sighed.

Jasper frowned as he listened to Rose’s story. He felt angry on Lily’s behalf as she explained the girl had been bullied, and felt bad for Rose for feeling like she had to toughen up to help her sister. Jasper had no siblings, though he had some cousins, but he thought he could imagine how Rose felt. He hesitated before speaking. “Well, Lily has a ton of friends now to look out for her.” He said hesitantly. “And she seems better and better at standing up for herself too. Besides, I don’t think anyone at Hogwarts is bullying her.” He shrugged. “You can be yourself. It is a lot less lonely than scaring everyone off in case they are bad.” He told her frankly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back