Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Minnie)
Wand
Vine Wand 12 3/4" Dragon Heartstring Core
Open after me and Kadi get in a few replies

Eric knew his final year was important, but his classes were awfully boring. All he really wanted to do was hang out with Minnie, but she, unfortunately, made him do his homework. It was because of her that he was doing marginally better at school, something he knew his mother was very happy about. Eric had been trying to think of ways to cheer Minnie up after the Quidditch match. The way Gryffindor had won had been frustrating, and Eric thought Minnie had deserved it way more. Not that he actually knew anything about Quidditch. Eric was on his way from one of his classes to the Great Hall, deep in thought. He moved past a few people, not really paying attention to where he was going. Whenever someone walked too close to him, Eric bumped into them without paying them any mind. He had gotten used to most people getting out of his way.

Simon's year had gotten off to a bit of a rocky start but things were going alright for him and he wasn't about to question it. Classes felt more like a formality since it was his final year and he knew there was no chance at getting the grades his father demanded, but they were something to do and most of them were tolerable enough to sit through. But today he wanted to get out quickly to finish up some things for the Brotherhood meeting when Eric Holland decided to run into him. "Oi!" he shouted once they got into the hall. "Where are you off to in such a hurry?" he asked dryly. Anger flared uselessly in his chest as he engaged with the other boy instead of letting it go like he should have. But he had never liked Eric. He had been content to leave it at that but the Gryffondor seemed to ask for trouble and now that he was dating Minnie, his opinion of him hadn't improved.

Eric groaned when he heard someone yell at him. He turned his head slightly, frowning at Simon as he spoke to him. “The Great Hall.” He said dryly. “Do you want to know what I’m going to eat there too or are you going to stop bothering me?” He asked, rolling his eyes. He had never liked Simon much, even though most of that was based on his friendship with Sydney. Anyone who could hang out with her and stand her company was no good in his eyes.

Simon crossed his arms and leaned against the wall of the corridor. He smirked and looked Eric up and down. "Off to see your girlfriend?" he asked and this time his displeasure was clear in his voice. What Minnie saw in him, he would never understand. "I'm sure she can survive without you for a moment." he added in a low voice looking unamused. Simon wasn't sure what had gotten under his skin to make him so antagonistic today but it had been Holland who had started it years ago when he tried to warn Minnie against him as if he had done anything to deserve it.

The way Simon was looking at him put Eric on edge. What was his problem? He had known the Slytherin didn't much like him, but that wasn't something Eric minded. He had that same issue with many of his classmates. As Simon asked him about Minnie, Eric tensed. He knew Simon was an acquaintance of hers, for some reason. "Yeah, so what?" He challenged. "Jealous?" He scowled when Simon said she could do without him. "Yeah well, maybe we want to spend time together. A foreign concept to you, I'm sure."

Simon narrowed his eyes. He had taken Sydney's early warning about the other boy with a grain of salt and had been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But apparently his kindness wasn't warranted since she had been right about Eric all along. “Hardly.” he said dryly when Eric suggested he was jealous. And he knew that deep down that was the truth. He liked Minnie but his feelings about Eric being wrong for her had nothing to do with wishing he was in his place instead. She deserved someone better than the both of them. “I’m sure. But you should probably thank her for her charity.” Simon said sarcastically before trying to pass Eric and let his shoulder bump into the other boy.

Eric wasn't sure what Simon's problem was, he guessed Sydney might have instructed him to annoy him whenever he passed by. He didn't really think the boy was jealous of Minnie, but it was a possibility. He frowned, ready to move on, right until Simon said Minnie dating him was charity. The feeling Eric got was one he hadn't felt much lately, but the surge of anger still came just as suddenly and just as fiercely as before. "Hey!" He said, grabbing Simon by the shoulder and trying to turn him around. "What did you just say?" He said, balling his fist in anger.

Simon was expecting to ruffle some feathers and walk away since he was quickly boring of this argument. The both of them could continue to make a huge mistake, it wasn't like it was his problem. Apparently he done more than ruffle feathers as Eric grabbed him by the shoulder. His eyes widened as he turned around and was face to face with the other boy. Simon's heart skipped a beat and truly wasn't sure what Eric was about to do. His eyes flicked down at his balled fists and frowned. "Oh calm down." he said with placating frown. "Are you going to hit me?" he asked bluntly, and truly wondered if he would. He knew Eric had a violent streak and there was a part of him that would respect it if he did hit him. At least it proved he actually cared or something. "Go ahead. Prove me right." he poked again.

The way Simon spoke to him was infuriating and Eric wanted to hit him even more. Instead, he shoved him back into the wall and glared at him. "I will if you don't shut the f*ck up." He snapped. "You don't know anything about me and Minnie." He scowled. "So keep your trap shut if you know what's good for you." He said, slowly lowering his fist. Part of what Simon was saying was true. He shouldn't give in to his urge to hit him. He had grown, right? Minnie saw something in him. But it would be so satisfying to wipe the smug look off his face.

Simon's eyes widened as Eric shoved him against the wall. It had hurt more than he expected but he kept his eyes on the other boy and didn't show his alarm at the sudden attack. Instead he made a show of bringing his fingers to his mouth and mimed zipping them shut. After all he had said all he needed to. If Eric wanted to live up to everyone's expectation's of him Simon would let him. But he stayed silent and only narrowed his eyes waiting to see what the Gryffindor would do next.

It almost infuriated Eric more that Simon did exactly what he had said, giving Eric no reason to snap and hit him, or at least shove him again. He scowled, then stepped back, letting Simon go. "Good." Was all he said, taking a deep breath to calm down a bit. Then he turned away from Simon and walked away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back