Fresh.

Elliot Oz

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
It was the middle of winter, and freezing cold. The snow was still freshly fallen on the grounds of Hogwarts New Zealand, but this didn't stop Elliot. Feeling filled to the top with confidence, Elliot walked almost-proudly down the school steps towards the still watery lake. Elliot had been sorted into Gryffindor- which wasn't too much of a surprise, but Elliot still found herself relieved when the hat called out the House she would soon deem to be her family.
The curly hair that reached past Elliot's shoulder's kept her somewhat warm in the outfit Elliot had chosen to wear- which of course had been her swimsuit, only covered by a pair of shorts and a long sleeved top. Elliot wanted to know what happened to the inhabitants of the lake when winter came along. She had never been able to go out and explore during winter, always had been contained to her over crowded home with not too much to do. Coming to Hogwarts had given Elliot a new sense of freedom, a fresh start, and she wasn't going to let it pass so lightly.
Elliot stepped through the doors and breathed in the fresh, icy air that hit her face. She grinned before taking a step out, and jogging over to the lake. Without a second of delay, Elliot stripped off her over-clothes, and ran towards the lake, completing the movement with a long dive into it. The icy-ness immediately stunk against her body, but Elliot endured it, willing herself to go on. She came to the top of the water quickly for some air, her teeth chattering, but a smile on her face none-the-less.

A smile was upon a new Gryffindor's face. A new Gryffindorian. A new supporter of the single best house that there was. Everyone knew that Gryffindor was the best, people just didn't like saying it. But this love for a house would only go on as long as the novelty was still there. Ariahna Northwood was a young Gryffindor, who really was incredibly happy with where she had been sorted. Ariahna had not tried to think a certain way when the hat had been put on her head. She just wished for Gryffindor and her wish had been granted. Ariahna was very pleased and happy to be attending Hogwarts New Zealand. It was an amazing place. It had beautiful grounds, an amazing lake, a huge school, and a perfect display of magic. Ariahna was very pleased with her school. It wasn't often someone could claim to have gone to one of the best wizarding schools in the world. Ariahna had been exploring a lot of different places in her first day or so. Mainly as it had been pretty cold outside and Ariahna wanted to avoid the cold as much as possible. She knew the healers at the school would be able to cure it, but she didn't want to have to go near the Hospital wing in the first week of her first year at hogwarts. It was probably going to be a place that Ariahna would always avoid. It wasn't that she disliked hospitals, but that she didn't want to have to go. She was a gymnast so it was likely she'd end up going at one point, but, she didn't want it to be any time during her first year. That would just be too weird. That day however, Ariahna was bored and tired of being stuck indoors. She had put on her Gryffindor jacket (a american football high school jersey) and put on a scarf and a pair of jeans. She had her converses on and was heading down through the school and to the great outdoors. Ariahna did dislike one thing about Gryffindor, and this was simply that it was pretty far away from anything. She had heard rumours about a Room that could turn into anything, But Ariahna wasn't sure if it existed in Hogwarts New Zealand.

The grounds were cold and the snow was light but still there. She walked the grounds, until she noticed someone in the lake. Ariahna had to admit that was pretty crazy. but she had done almost the same at home, so she could not really say much. Still Ariahna wondered how cold the lake actually was. And there it was, her curiousity had been peaked. She now wanted to know. Ariahna Northwood began walking towards the lake. She quickly noticed the girl's clothes and walked over to that bit. Ariahna pulled a hair bobble from her jacket pocket and tied her long blonde hair into a high ponytail, like the ones she did for cheerleading. Ariahna was now considering entering the water. But she didn't have anything that was for water. All she had were her jeans, converses, 3/4 length grey t-shirt and her jacket. Ariahna bent down and un did her laces. She stood back up and look out to the girl. "Hows the water?" Ariahna called to the girl. "I'm tempted to join you in the water. Would it be worth it?" Ariahna added, already sliding her feet out of her converses.

Elliot immersed herself into the freezing water once again, keeping her eyes open for any life under the water. When she emerged from the water, Elliot ran her hands through her hair before hearing a girl calling out to her. Laughing, Elliot replied "Freezing! But bearable if you keep moving!" She watched, interested, as the girl took her feet out of her shoes with a smile on her face. "It looks like you don't need much more tempting!" Elliot called back, still laughing. "But yes, it would be completely worth it!" She exclaimed. She swam closer to the edge of the lake, having floated quite a way away, dipping underneath every so often to look out for any movement under the water. When she got to the edge, Elliot rested her arms on the ground next to the lake, and watched the girl. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Elliot smirked confidently. "It would suck if you had to make a fool of yourself, if you couldn't handle it." She added. Elliot had rarely ever gotten along with girls, as they usually were stuck-up, conceited brats. She was yet to find another girl that actually liked adventure. She didn't understand how her brothers could ever go out with someone who didn't like exploring. Elliot would be impressed if this girl got in without complaining about her hair getting wet; but was not sure if this would happen, all she could do was hope that she found a girl that was like her, someone she would actually be able to get along with.

There wasn't a thought in Ariahna Northwood's mind that was telling her that going swimming would be a bad idea. She knew it wasn't the smartest idea. But was anything really. She knew she could get a cold, or catch something else, but that wasn't even on her mind. She was more worried about the fact that she wasn't exactly dressed. She had a thin t-shirt on, and her jeans would not be great for swimming but, she was pretty much made up about what she was going to do. Swim or not to swim, that seemed to be the question. Her large blue eyes were moving quickly between the girl, and the water and her clothes. She had to make a decision now. Either get into the water, and have a potiental friend, or act safe and be without a friend. Ariahna just nodded as the girl said that if she wanted to do it. "Oh, I am doing this." Ariahna said making her mind up. She bent down and pulled off her shoes. She took off her socks and placed them inside her shoes, letting her barefeet touch the freezing cold ground. She then took off her jersey and throw it to the near by rock. She then felt into her jeans pockets and pulled out anything she had in them. Ariahna took off her watch and then she was ready to go into the water. "I didn't exactly plan to come swim, so I just have these clothes." Ariahna said, before with laughter, running into the water. She felt the cold hit against her body, the water got deep quickly, she had been able to tell from the Gryffindor common room, and so ran quicker, and the cheerleader inside her, meant that half way into her run (though she was in water) doing a round off back handspring back tuck. After landing, Ariahna just let herself dive into the water. In an instant she felt all the ice cold water engulf her. She could feel everything. Every slight movement. Her skin felt raw, and his clothes felt heavy. But, it didn't bother her. She opened her eyes under the water and was taken aback by the beauty of the lake at such a time. It was weird that she was in the water in winter. And she was aware that after swimming she'd need to quickly get warmed up, but it didn't bother her. Ariahna, swum to the surface, pulling out the bobble which was barely holding her now wet hair together. She broke the surface and while pushing her blonde hair back, swum towards the other girl.

"It's freezing." Ariahna was able to exclaim, though as she spoke the cold water seemed to hurt her chest. "I've never felt so alive to be honest though. The cold has just made everything seem.. I don't know, real." Ariahna knew she was making very little sense. So instead, she just took a deep breath and began to swim underneath the water. She was looking around her, her large blue eyes moving from one thing to the next. Never quite sticking to one thing for longer than a second. She swam back to the surface and smiled at the other girl. "The water is amazing. Completely worth it."

Elliot laughed when the girl stated that she was going to do it. She sounded so determined, and Elliot liked that. She grinned when the girl said she was swimming in her clothes, and watched as the girl started running into the water; she lifted her eyebrows in amazement as she pulled off some trick. Elliot dunked herself under the water as the other girl stayed under for a moment. Elliot watched as she looked around, and Elliot couldn't help but let a gleeful laugh escape from her lips; which turned out to be rather muffled, creating bubbles which floated to the surface. Immediately, Elliot came out of the water, as her small laugh continued. Elliot grinned as the girl, who had come closer said it was freezing, and nodded her head to the girl's next comment. "It didn't make much sense, but I totally agree with you." Elliot agreed, happy to have someone there that at the moment, she could definitely get along with. She watched as the girl went under the water again, and breathed out harshly, as the cold burnt against Elliot's chest; she was loving it. She looked back at the girl that had emerged from the water and laughed. "Totally worth it." She agreed. Elliot held out her hand from the water, and moved it towards the girl, going for a high five. "My name is Elliot. I'm in Gryffindor. Who are you?" Elliot asked.

The cold was pretty insane. It was frosty and felt more like she was gliding upon ice. Which she could happen in some areas. But, it was a good feeling if Ariahna was honest. She knew that most would think it crazy and reckless, but truthfully, Ariahna wouldn't have it any other way. Crazy, and reckless. It was the way to live while young. Her mother had told her before she left that she was to enjoy everything, because you were only young once. It had seemed pretty silly, but this was one of the moments where Ariahna actually agreed with the women. She loved her mum, but sometimes the advice given was not the best, and was not what she exactly wanted to hear. But, Ariahna always tried, and this was one of the times, when she could see the sense her mother made. Of course, it probably wasn't swimming in an ice cold lake, that her mother thought she'd be doing, but the little Gryffindor knew that it would be pretty fun to do, and so she'd done it. Ariahna smiled as the other girl introduced herself, as Elliot a first year Gryffindor. Ariahna smiled brightly at her. Taking the extended hand, Ariahna shook it. "I'm Ariahna. Also Gryffindor. it's super to meet you Elliot" Ariahna said nodding. She took back her hand and dived into the water, swimming beneath the surface before coming back up for her. She had to push her long strands of blonde hair from her eyes. She couldn't really remember Elliot from the Sorting Ceremony, but was glad to have met another first year Gryffindor. She didn't have problems meeting different people, she did have problems meeting other Gryffindors. it seemed like her house group of first years were very much hard to find. Ariahna knew it was probably because she was looking in the wrong place. She was aware that most Gryffindors would not be in the library so early on in the year, or just wondering the corridors, they'd be like Ariahna exploring, or like Elliot doing something slightly bonkers. "Are you from New Zealand?" Ariahna asked Elliot. She hadn't really been able to tell from the accent. Ariahna wasn't so great with accents. Especially since her accent was half british and half New Zealander. She liked that it was mixed, she didn't think it would that interesting to just have a normal or plain accent.

OOCOut of Character:
Apologies For lameness

Elliot laughed as the girl took her hand for a handshake. She watched as she dived under the water thinking about the comment she made. It was the second time someone had said it had been good to meet her, before actually getting to know her. This time, the girl had at least said more than a few words before saying it, but it still confused Elliot. The first time it was said, the girl explained it a little; but Elliot was wondering why people would say it if they didn't know her; was it something people just did, or did people like Elliot to begin with?
"I didn't mean to do a handshake silly." She commented when Ariahna surfaced, still laughing slightly. She swam closer to Ariahna, and grabbed her wrist gently. She held it in the air, palm facing forwards. "This is a high five." She grinned, before slapping her hand onto the others. "It's just something I prefer to do." She giggled. "Can I ask you a question?" And without waiting for a reply, Elliot plunged into the question. "It's been said to me before, but I just can't get my head around it. Why do you say it's super to meet me when you don't actually fully know me yet? I mean, I could turn out to be your worst enemy, and then you'd be wishing you never said it." Elliot asked, moving around to keep herself warm-ish.
"Well, I'm from Florida- in America, but I moved here to come to HNZ; most of my brothers have been here, so I would hate to ruin the tradition." Elliot said. "Where are you from?" Elliot asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back