Fresh faces.

Lily knew that this probably looked odd to Caleb. Last time they had seen each other, was when they had first met and Lily had walked off with Lilly so they could go to her house. That was months ago, before all the madness of her house started. Now she was turning into a different girl; a scared girl. She didn't trust anyone except Jerrod and Lilly. Lily was shocked when he grabbed her arms again. She could feel he was shaking but she could also feel her own shaking. "I can't tell anyone. I used to love him, not because he was my dad but because he was a man that influenced me. I looked up to him. I still believe I can get that man out of him. I don't care how many cuts and bruises it takes. I want to see my dad again." Lily decided to keep quiet about the fact that Jasper had already ended up secluded in bed for three weeks because he couldn't move. Now there was Steve who had been strangled and shoved down the stairs at his girlfriend's house.

Caleb knew that there was more to this story than what she was telling him, "I know you want to do all you can for him, I know your scared and I know you probably hate the fact that its ME giving you advise, but Jeez Lily, can you not see what hes doing to you?! Can you not tell where this is going? Its just going to get worse, belive me!" He stepped toward her and slipped his hands around her back. His arms holding her tight. "Lily, don't hate me... I want to help you, but you've got to listen to me!"

Lily was surprised by the fact that Caleb hugged her but was even more surprised when she hugged him back. She had never thought that she would be stood in the middle of Brightstone hugging a guy she hated. Esecially when he was a Gryffindor wannabe. "I can't. He's my dad. He never used to be a monster. It's just what he's changed into. I want the dad that I used to have. It's the only reason why mum hasn't left him. She wants him to feel like we still love him and then hopefully he'll change back. There's also the fact that for women in our family are pregnant. They need all the help they can get." Lily could feel fresh tears flowing down her cheeks.

"I know how you feel Lily, I really do. I know how no matter what happens you would do anything for your family, I can tell. Nobody can stop you from loving him, and wanting to help him, and nobody is asking you to. I just think that you should be careful, tell someone who can help you get this sorted, because someone is going to have to sooner or later." He muttered as he clung to her. In regards to the proverbial 'people gone bad' situation, he simply thought that once they had got to that stage, it was a point of no return, like frying an egg, it was a irriversable situation. He lent away from her, still gripping her around the middle and looked into Lily's watery blue eyes and paused for a few seconds... he lent forward and kissed her. His heart beating like a kettle drum!

Lily took a deep breathe in when he kissed her. That was something she seriously wasn't expecting. She completely forgot about her past with him and Lilly and Jerrod and everyone else who was stood around or walking past. All she saw was him. Her arms moved round his neck as she kissed him back. When she pulled away, she looked up into his eyes and smiled. "I wasn't expecting that." And it took her a while to realise it but she was starting to like him. She leaned forward and rested her head on his chest as she kept her arms round round the back of his neck. "Thanks Caleb." She couldn't think of any other way to say thank you for what he had done but it had to be said.

Caleb knew that there was nothing more to say. He looked at Lily again and felt tears coming to his own eyes. He couldn't remember the last time he had actually cried, espesially not in front of someone!

Lily laughed when she looked up and saw the tears forming in his eyes. "Isn't it meant to be me who's a wreck here, not you??" She smiled. "Lilly's going to be so p!ssed at me." She thought about what Lilly's reaction would be like once she told her. After all, Lilly was the only person Lily could tell about her boyfriends.

Lily laughed when she looked up and saw the tears forming in his eyes. "Isn't it meant to be me who's a wreck here, not you??" She smiled. "Lilly's going to be so p!ssed at me." She thought about what Lilly's reaction would be like once she told her. After all, Lilly was the only person Lily could tell about her boyfriends.

"Yeah, I suppose" a smile crept across his face, and he kissed her again on her forehead.

Caleb kissed her back, "Yeah, see you round, and stay out of trouble!" He joked and grinned at her, the old happy Caleb slowly returning. He watched as she went before heading away himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back