Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 15" Essense of Phoenix Talon
Jaken, fully dressed in his regular black jacket and jeans, walked out in Obsidian Harbor. He was seventeen, and he was sure old enough to be outside by himself, at least, to his standards. The cold air did not seem cold to him. Jaken sighed, wondering if he should have left his hair long. His mind pondered on it, until he almost bumped into a small boy on the sidewalk. Jaken smiled at him, and continued walking.

He stopped and leaned against a building, and stared up at the sky, cloudy, indicating that snow was coming. It was just two days before his father would finish with the works at school, and he would be heading back to the Styx Manor. At times, he hated having such a big home, but then again, it wasn't nearly as big as the Zhefarovich Manor, which was twice the size of the Styx Manor. Jaken almost loathed his father and grandfather owning a business.

Sure, his entire family was wealthy, but the ones in the past did not get there honestly. They either cheated or killed for their money then. Jaken shuddered, knowing some of the history of his family. He didn't like it, but he still had his mother's side of the family. They were all nice and warm. Jaken snapped himself out of his thoughts, wondering why he was thinking of this now. Jaken's grey eyes went ahead of him, his massive height towering over almost all that passed him on the sidewalk. Jaken laughed silently, knowing that Chavdar, Asparuh, and Kalif were all taller than himself.

Nina sat up in her bed, after reading three or four part's to the book she had started the previous night, The Book Thief she was enjoying a lot, but she felt that she was being quite the hermit, and she was going to go see Isabella soon, so she might as well go to Obsidian and get her a Christmas present. So she pushed her blankets off of her body, then changed into a blue dress with a white sweater and black buttons over top. With black leggings underneath and black boots.

Nina quickly curled her hair into large curls and some earrings before grabbing a pea coat and running out of the dorm room carefully. As she exited the castle she put on her coat, and buttoned it up, hoping that as she headed into Obsidian she would find Brogan, because she hadn't seen him in a while and missed him dearly.

But Nina found that as she walked through Obsidian that she would have no such luck, she shrugged it off lazily and began humming a German lullaby she remembered from her short years in Germany, and her visits to her Aunts and Uncles, who did have young children at the time.

The girl stood at a petite 4 ft 11" with her arms crossed against her chest as she looked around her, hoping to see a decent enough store where she could buy something for Isabella, but she saw nothing, because the other people standing around stood over her, and because she didn't think that anything here that could ne a decent enough gift for her friend. So she shrugged her shoulders and walked over to an empty bench close by.

Nina crossed her legs and leaned back on her hands with boredom, part of her hoped that someone would join her, part of her hoped that she could just sit by herself, to get a moment to herself to think. Though she knew that wouldn't last long, it never did, when ever she was out in public areas someone always came up to her, whether it was a stranger or not, didn't matter, they disturbed her silence anyways.

that was lame I'm sorry

Jaken was lost in thought, when he noticed someone familiar sitting at a bench nearby. Jaken tried to place her, and then it clicked. She had thrown Noah a birthday party, and she was a transfer. Jaken thought that he ought to just go over to her and give her a warm introduction. It's not like he had anything better to do anyway. Jaken leaned off the wall, and approached her. He had no idea how old she was, but saw that she was quite short.

Jaken gave the girl a warm smile, and inquired casually, "What brings you out here just before holidays?" He did not really have that much of an excuse either, but he was leaving in a few short days. "By the way, I'm Jaken Styx. If I remember correctly, you were the Hogwarts Scotland Champion, right?" He wasn't too sure on his information, but he might as well ask anyway.

((I am sooo out of it today. :doh: ))

Nina heard a boy's voice come towards her, she glanced over at him and smiled gently. He is delicious, she thought as she listened to the boy's introduction. Her eye brows raised as he said his last name, then she frowned when he mentioned the tournament. She rolled her eyes to herself at the memory of the tournament. "That is correct...Jaken," Nina said adding his name, to show that she recognized his name. "Nina Patrokov," she introduced with a small nod of her head, not wanting to stand up to shake his hand. "It's a pleasure.. I'm sure," she added politely.

Nina shrugged her shoulders and said, "Trying to find a gift for a friend, and yourself?" She smiled up at him, wondering what his relation to Professor Styx was. Could it be his son? No, Professor Styx isn't nearly as good looking, she thought, almost certain of this. She had never known anyone attractive to have unattractive. And the only common trait she saw between the two of them was their height and interesting grey eyes.

Jaken nodded, and repeated her name in his mind. Jaken smiled at her, and wondered what it was like at the other Hogwarts, but then again, he decided not to ask. She had frowned when he mentioned the tournament, although, needless to say that it was not a pleasurable event for any of the schools. "It is a pleasure, I believe." He ran his fingers through his short hair, making sure that it wasn't in his grey eyes. Jaken thought for a moment, and shrugged, "Eh, I'm just getting away from dad before I have to spend my entire break with him. Christmas shopping, I suppose." Jaken wondered what the traditions were. He had never celebrated the holiday. He never found the need to.

Nina nodded her head at Jaken's words then asked before she could stop herself, "Is Professor Styx your father?" She closed her mouth firmly and her cheeks flushed in embarrassment. She averted her hazel eyes from Jaken's grey orbs shyly as she waited for his response. She bit her lip softly wondering how much of a fool she seemed like at this moment. Asking a complete stranger if his father was a Professor, that everyone seemed to be scared of, but Nina wasn't. She had promised herself that she wasgoing to get the cold man to crack a smile at her before the end of the year.

Jaken was not expecting her next question. Jaken frowned a bit, before laughing, "Yeah. Styx isn't exactly a common name." Jaken knew how Kalif was during class, and had the majority of the students either hating him or being terrified of him. However, that was actually his 'nice' side. Jaken knew Kalif's bad side, and quite frankly, it scared him. Jaken shrugged, inquiring curiously, "Why do you ask? I do hope that we don't act alike." He couldn't help but break into a smile over that. Kalif and Jaken acted nothing alike, Jaken knew this. Or rather, he hoped that they didn't.

Nina shook her head at Jaken's question, her cheeks increasing in redness as she said, "No.. it's just.. umm.. you're eyes.." She flashed the older boy a smile though kicking herself mentally for her words. God, why didn't you just lie? You foolish little girl, she thought harshly, though knowing for a fact that she was a terrible liar. It was like she was physically incapable of lying, and when she did it took about a second for anyone to know that she was lying.

Jaken laughed silently as Nina turned red. He heard her next statement, and nodded. Their eyes were alike, exactly. "Yeah, the eyes run in the family." Jaken found himself not saying any more. He did not want to ramble on about his family. They weren't the nicest people around, so why would he speak of them at all? He bit his lip, before shrugging finally. "So, why did you transfer here, just out of curiosity." He added, 'You don't have to answer if it is personal reasons." He gave her a reassuring smile, hoping that it would decrease the redness on her face.

Nina smiled at the boy standing in front of her and she said with a soft shrug, "They're interesting." She smiled once more at Jaken and said, "My Grandmother decided to move just for the hell of it and I liked HNZ." She shrugged her shoulders not really caring that she had pretty well shared that she didn't live with her parents. But it wasn't like she didn't have any, she just preferred to live with her Grandmother, she always fought with her parents and she didn't want her baby brother going through all of the fights that would happen if she were to stay at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back