Fortescue Place

Melissa Fortescue

Having finally been able to move out of her temporary home in the shop and into a small house in Hogsmeade, Melissa looked around, noting the empty space that needed to be cleaned. There was a small kitchen, a dining room, a living room with a cozy little fireplace, a bathroom and a bedroom. It was tiny, but cozy and comfortable for one or two people.

She took to unpacking all the possessions that she had brought, noting that she would need some furniture. She smiled weakly; moving into her own house was great, but she was still taken aback by her sister's sudden disappearance. It worried her greatly. She had taken her sister's kitten, Arty, along with her. She didn't know if Aimee was ever going to be back.

She found a place in the kitchen for her owl, Ares, putting a perch near the window.

Putting her hands on her hips, she looked around; yes, she would enjoy living here.

Sandra saw this girl who moved in down her street to so she decidedto go and visit her. Sandra went up the steps and rang the doorbell with her homemade chocoloate chip cookies.

((( Hope you don't mind me joining this:) )))

Melissa opened the door, quite surprised that she had a visitor. Smiling brightly, she asked, "Are you one of the neighbors?"

Sandra nodded and said " I'm new to the neighbourhood too!". " Here, I baked you some cookies!". she smiled brightly handing the cookies to her. " I'm Sandra Finnigan". she held out her hand.

"Aww, you didn't have to!" Melissa said, grinning, inviting Sandra inside. "I'm Melissa Fortescue." She waved her hand in motion to the house. "It's not much, but it's just me living here, so it's comfortable enough."

Sandra smiled and walked inside and said " Wow! Your home looks wonderful!". she smiled. " Hm....I think I might know you .....wait!". she said remembering how she knew her. " Caysi told me about you!". " My sister says that your awesome and your sooo sweet and nice". she said smiling.

"Caysi is your sister?" Melissa exclaimed, grinning. "I knew that she had a younger sister, but not an older. Do you have any other siblings?"

Sandra chuckled and said " Oh yes..I have an older brother, and 3 younger sisters as well as a younger brother". she smiled " Do you have any siblings?".

"Yes, I have a sister named Aimee. She used to run the shop with me, but decided to leave." Melissa's expression strained for a moment, and then warmed up again as if she had never looked worried. "She's younger than me, though. Little siblings can be such a pain sometimes." Melissa laughed bubbily. "So, where do you work?"

Sandra laughed at Melissa but it was so true her sister's and brother's were pains" I work at the Experimental Charms Comittee at the Ministry.".

"I see," Melissa said, "Well, I don't have a Ministry job, but I run the General Store in Hogsmeade and own the ice cream parlor."

"I went to Hogwarts England, I was a Hufflepuff," Melissa said quizzically, "I can't possibly have gone to the one here, it's only been around for three years." She smiled brightly; a lot of people didn't know that.

"Oh really?" Melissa said, smiling brightly. "What house were you in? I was in Hufflepuff; I don't believe I've ever seen you before."

Melissa counted back the years on her fingers, biting her lip. "I graduated in 2001. So, 17 years ago. Dang, I'm old!" she exclaimed, grinning, age never really phasing her.

"Aren't you a sweetheart," Melissa said, grinning, and turning to the fridge. "Would you like something to drink? Lemonade perhaps?"

Melissa poured both of them a glass of lemonade, nearly tripping over the cat that she had rechristened 'Crumpet.' She would never call him Arty, even though her sister had named him.

"So how long have you been here?" Melissa inquired, sitting down at the dinner table and handing Sandra the glass of lemonade.

" Oh are you ok?". asked Sandra. " I've been here for only a couple of days...what about you?". she asked taking a seat the dinner talbe. " Thanks for the lemonade!". she took a sip and smiled.

"I'm fine," Melissa chortled, shaking her head at the mischievious cat, "Crumpet just thinks it's funny to get in the way." She grinned. "I've been working here forever; I used to live in the back of the ice cream parlor. But I've been living here for about a week now."

" Your kitty is quite a cutie!". she smiled and laughed. " How did you find out that you were associated with magic?".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back