Fortescue Cottage

Wanda Fortescue

Wanda prepared for Christmas dinner, unable to contain her excitement as she sped around quickly, waiting upon her daughters, for any moment they would be coming for the annual celebration.

And this year, she was even more enthusiastic because both of them were bringing boyfriends, at a last moment's notice. She was very eager to meet the two young men; neither of her daughters had shown interest in a serious relationship before.

She did not know the men's names, but did not care, as long as they were alright for Melissa and Aimee.

Tapping her foot, she waited for the doorbell to ring.

Smiling at George, Melissa pressed the button for the doorbell, waiting for someone to answer. She batted the snowflakes that had sifted into her eyelashes. "Don't worry, George, I really think that she'll like you."

George pulled at the collar of his shirt nervously. "Yeah? I hope so." He gulped. "Parents tend to think I'm not quite suitable for their daughters." He squeezed Melissa's hand tightly. He looked down at his attire. "Do you think I should have gone with the green? Probably would have been a bit more festive, but blue's really more my colour. Brings out my eyes, plus green really clashes with my hair..." He babbled nervously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back