Fortescue Cottage

Wanda Fortescue

Wanda Fortescue was getting on in years, but she was still wondering everyday what was going on in the lives of her two daughters, Melissa and Aimee. Mostly, these days she sat around and made clothes, as it had always been a passion of hers, and provided for her cat, Billy. She was surprised as a strange owl swooped through her window, but became excited as she saw Melissa's untidy scrawl on the parchment.

She procured some treats for the owl, and tore open the letter, reading it with enthusiasm.

Hey Mum,
I know I've been slow in sending owls, but now that I finally have one of my own it's going to be much easier to send messages back and forth to you.  Give the owl a treat, please, he's new and he's named Ares!
Yes, Aimee and I are coming for Christmas, and I will be bringing my boyfriend.  He agreed to it.  :)
But I'll let you meet him instead of divulging everything as I know you want.
How are you, by the way?  Geez, I always forget these kinds of things....
Love,
Melissa

Finding the specially ordered pink parchment with a flower scent, she began to write with a purple pen.
Missy,
I'm doing just fine, dear!  I'm so excited that you two are stopping by for Christmas, and doubly excited that you finally have a boyfriend.  What's his name? All that Aimee let slip was that he was rather handsome.
Ares is cute.  I gave him a treat as you asked, hun, and he seems to be enjoying it.
Love,
Mum
XOXOXOXOXOXO

PS: write back quickly!!!

Excited for a reply, Wanda sent the owl off with the letter and returned to sewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back