Forgot The Password

Grace Brown

OOC First Name
Sammy
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Grace glared at the portrait that would not let her into the Gryffindor common room. "But why wont you let me in?! You saw me coming out of the common room just this morning!" Grace whined very loudly. "Young lady, you expect me to remember every child that exits the common room? You may not enter without the password!" the portrait told her once again getting much more frustrated. "Mean old painting" Grace mumbled darkly before going to lean against the opposite wall. She would just have to wait for another Gryffindor to come along and tell her the password. "Now what? Everyones at dinner, it could take forever for someone to come along!" she said loud enough for the painting to hear. Much to her annoyance though the painting was ignoring her.

Grace slid down the wall so she was sitting and pulled out her wand. She conjured bluebell flames and scoped them up in her hand. I love these things, they don't burn you at all! Grace thought smiling down at the beautiful blue fire she held in her hand. "Maybe I should light you on fire" Grace said to the painting. It was still ignoring her. Grace continued playing with her flames poking them and switching it from hand to hand. I love fire she thought suddenly wishing she could play with real fire. Well this is sorta like real fire Grace told herself holding her hand over the flames and feeling it grow warm.

Rakas Varius was wearing his typical Gryffindor uniform because he just exited a class and had gone to dinner. He was a fast kid so he ate fast too. Taking a pumpkin pastry and stuffing a few more sweets in his robes, he started up to the Gryffindor house, heading in that direction while snacking on that pumpkin pastry. For a boy, he could really eat and stay skinny because everything he ate, he ran off the calories. For example, he hate enough for two people, and he was running up seven flights of stairs to get to the Gryffindor House. Rakas skid to a stop when he came close to that place with the portrait whom did not really have a good thing to say about him really. His black hair was a mess a little bit. His emerald green eyes landed on a girl kneeling down on the floor, or sitting, it made no difference. Did she forget the password? She was pretty lucky that he came along, because he knew the password.

The third year went over to the girl holding the fire, and he knelt down, having finished off that pumpkin pastry around the third floor, and he was now chewing spearmint gum. He glanced at the bluebell flames and he grinned, "Blue fire is so pretty, but do you need help getting into the common room?" Rakas was a gentleman but he was a hyper one. He was wondering if she had really forgotten it. Over his shoulder, over at the portrait and he rolled his eyes at the thing. Moving portraits and he did not bond very well at all. Rakas smirked lightly. Well, maybe the portrait would let her in with him because well, they were both Gryffindors and he knew the password and all. But he did not really want to go back to the common room now. He wanted to run around and bother people some more. Prank them, do stuff and all. He liked to have fun after all!

Grace was becoming more and more entranced with the fire. She did however hear someone coming up the stairs Oh good, maybe someone will be able to help me. I really want to change out of this skirt Grace thought watching the hallway waiting to see who would show up. Soon enough a boy she recognized from around the common room was waling towards her. When he spoke Grace got a blast of his spearmint gum. "Hi! I'm Grace! I know blue is sooo pretty!" Grace said grinning widely. She looked down at the fire in her hands. The flames danced before her eyes and she almost forgot why she was sitting out in the hallway in the first place. The sound of the picture coughing brought it back to the front of her mind though. "Oh yeah! I forgot the password!" Grace added looking back towards the boy.

Most people would have been embarrassed to admit they had forgotten something so important, but Grace wasn't that type of person. She had never let people get to her. "I wouldn't be going back to the common room so early normally, but I really hate the skirts we have to wear" Grace said extinguishing the flames before standing up. "I don't get why the girls have to wear skirts, its racist!" she said. She of course meant sexist but Grace really had no idea what either word meant. She had just heard older students using them and wanted to seem smart.

The girl seemed like a good natured one, well, maybe a good natured pyromaniac but who was judging? Rakas sure was not because of the way he looked. He looked like a zombie pretty much with pale skin and dark circles around his eyes due to low iron, but he did not mean to lose so much at one time. Rakas was working on building that up by eating more. So, he kinda forgot on some occasions when he was having fun, big deal. Rakas grinned as well, placing the gum under his tongue so that he could speak, “I’m Rakas, a weird name I know but it is unique. Blue is beautiful, but I like green better.” Rakas wondered how to make green fire. You had to burn some sort of metal to make it. Copper maybe? Or you could have magic, but he was not that advanced however.

Rakas stood up when the girl named Grace had, and he glanced down at her skirt. He nodded, “Well, I cannot say that I would hate to wear them because I don’t wear skirts but okay.” He went back to the portrait and said the password which the portrait opened. Rakas then repeated what she said in his mind and immediately he froze. Racist? Rakas turned to her once more and he started to laugh. A jolly laugh, something that could get others to join in if they got a good look at him, “Racist? I don’t know what race has to do with girls and skirts, but maybe sexist… That much I may agree with you know.” Rakas ran his fingers through his hair, as he started to think this girl could be a good friend one day. She knew how to make him laugh, that was for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back