Forgiveness?

Hariah Meadow

OOC First Name
Lauren
Wand
Beech Wand 14 1/4 Essence of Pixie Hair
It had been a couple of weeks since the outburst in the library between Benjamin and Hariah. She had not spoke to him since then, the only contact they had was in their classes together and even then they refrained from talking or looking at each other. Hariah shot him daggers with her eyes at every available opportunity. She didn't know why but she blamed Benjamin for everything, even though it was in no way his fault at all. Hariah didn't blame Benjamin for being angry with her, she would be too if she was in his shoes.

But recently, she had changed her mind about the situation. She had talked to her dad and he had put her mind at ease, for now. There was still that doubt in the back of her mind, she was worried what was happening at home. It was hard being at Hogwarts as she was out of the loop and she felt guilty about leaving her sister.

Hariah decided it was time to pluck up the courage to apologise to Benjamin, she felt bad taking all her anger out on him. She just hoped he would forgive her. Hariah made her way down to the dungeons, she figured this would be the likely place Benjamin would be, and decided to hang around for a bit. She couldn't get into the Slytherin common room so she hoped he would come out soon.

Minutes passed and the dungeons seemed to get colder and darker. It seemed to reflect the impending fate of Hariah's apology to Benjamin. She didn't think he would accept it easily.

The Slytherin common room was silent and eerie. The usual colours of silver and emerald green glowed against the walls of the room, making the room's atmosphere peculiar. Benjamin Arthur Chase did not mind the silence though. He thought of it as company. Company that he eagerly welcomed despite the things that were going on around him. His second year in Hogwarts New Zealand was not yet as busy as last year. Last year was quite hectic as some were still getting lost around the castle and some getting hexed accidentally. Fortunately for Benjamin, he did not experience any of those things at all. He was a boy of silence and observations, not someone who would dare explore and risk the fact that they might get in trouble. Benjamin did not want to stay close to that either and so, he usually was an introvert at all times. The normal thing that about him was that it was usually the others who would go to him and attempt a conversation. Benjamin never really tried to make best buddies and pals nor did he attempt to make some enemies. Though the latter often happened. He had already gained some annoyances in his first year. What more can come in his second year then? He did not want to know that anyways. Benjamin craved for the silence and peacefulness of the common room, despite the glum and dim atmosphere around him. With Benjamin's right ankle resting near the end of his knee, he placed his head on his hand for support, scowling for the rest of the fifteen minutes that he wasted.

The dimmer the atmosphere became, Benjamin's boredom increased. He backbone was already slouching badly and he sat up straighter this time with a groan. His schedule was free for the day and he had nothing to do. It seemed deserted in the common room or at least, near the fireplace anyways. Benjamin stood up and stretched briefly, yawning and ruffling his hair. His clothes were quite disheveled but Benjamin did not pay any attention to it. He went over to the fire and rubbed his hands together, to create warmth and put it over his cheeks. It was getting a little colder but despite his chilled hands, he loved the current temperature. A deep breath went in Benjamin's lungs and escaped as he exhaled. The fire was a great place to standby too. The heat that it was emitting made Benjamin step back, to enjoy the coldness more than anything. The urge to step out of the common room took over him quickly as he sighed softly to move his legs. Benjamin had enough of his time spent in the common room of the Slytherins and looked over at his housemates. Most were just lounging around while others just played quiet games such as wizard's chess. Benjamin moved to the entrance of the common room, exiting the door as some went in too. The Dungeons were dark and eerie as well but he did not mind the silence.

There really weren't any windows in the Dungeons but there were some spaces that allowed others to see the light coming from the outside. The sky looked glum as it it was going to rain any time soon. Benjamin shoved his hands in the pocket of his black jeans and looked around, seeing that the dungeons by now was lit better than the deeper dungeons. He halted for a while to see a girl, just his age spending her time there without anything to do. Benjamin raised his eyebrows at the girl, observing her silhouette not far away. Benjamin looked away from her, not even bothering to see if he knew her or not. His hair made him look like he just rolled out of bed, but he found that a normal and daily thing in his appearance. Benjamin walked to one of those spaces where he could see the sky and looked at the dark clouds, way far for him to see if any bird were coming or not.

OOCOut of Character:
I got carried away. xD

Shivering, Hariah rubbed her arms to keep warm while she walked over to one of the corners of the dungeon. She sank down to the floor making sure she kept the Slytherin common room in her view. Who knew how long she could be there for? She tucked her legs to her chest and rested her chin on her knees and waited for Benjamin to appear. She hoped he would come out soon, she wouldn't wait out here all evening. Apologising to him was important but she waited for him this long, she could wait another day or so.

Several people emerged from the common room, each time Hariah hoped it was Benjamin. She was getting anxious now, maybe he was purposefully avoiding her. Sighing, she stood up and was about to walk off when she saw a boy who looked like Benjamin come out from the common room. It looked like he noticed her but he completely ignored Hariah. This can't be good she thought to herself. Taking a deep breath Hariah walked over to Benjamin. She tapped him on the shoulder. "Hello, Benjamin. How are you?" She asked.

The Dungeons was a cold place to stay in even though some Slytherins loved it in there. Benjamin enjoyed the newly found temperature as it dropped down gradually because of the rain that was going to come by soon. He soon found himself peering over his own shoulder as he heard a familiar voice echoing around. It was surely a female but his mind surged itself with anger and frustration. He slowly inhaled the breeze but did not will himself to look at the girl just standing behind him. Benjamin hid his anger behind a mask of silence and calmness. "Do you really care?" He said, barely above a whisper, his green eyes only focused on the sky that the small space provided him as a view. He was totally glad that even the dungeons had some small windows, just for them to see what was going on outside. The sky was slowly becoming gray and Benjamin tilted his head to the side, predicting in his mind that it would rain sooner or later. The sky was comparable to his current mood; Moments ago, it was relaxed but now it rapidly grew into something he couldn't explain. His hatred towards Hariah Meadow was now increasing, especially remembering that she was right behind him ready to either tease him or just hang around looking for some other person. Perhaps, she really was looking for a Slytherin? The Slytherins were notorious for their attitude of coldness and their common room was obviously found in the deep part of the dungeons, were only torches lit the pathway. Benjamin briefly wondered about Napoleon Hawke, whom he hasn't seen for ages already. Both of those Gryffindors were a pain but regardless, here was one that he hated the most actually trying to have a decent conversation with him.

"Fancy seeing you around here, Meadow." Benjamin uttered softly, his green eyes still on the sky. He did not want to turn to Meadow, her face would probably make him lose control of everything. Benjamin had everything he wanted. The money, a good family, excellent education and not to mention, he really was not bad looking. The only thing he really did not have were friends. Acquaintances, allies and friends. All of them never really rang a bell to the Chase family since all they wanted were just people who would give them good benefits. Were friends really needed? Benjamin never thought so. His thoughts went back to the day where Hariah and Benjamin met in the library for the Potions exam. They were supposed to help one another but it turned out to something he really did expect. The Gryffindor was short tempered, just like other Gryffindors out there. They were the heroes anyways and it was always the Slytherins that turned out to be the b!tches. "Just tell me the Slytherin you came for and I'll call him or her. The common room is just there nearby." Benjamin said monotonously, hoping that she would just leave him after his promise. After all, he really did not like her company nowadays. She was stubborn and prissy too. The Pure Blood boy also suspected that her blood was no way near a Pure Blood. He looked down briefly, studying the plants and what they were before looking up again to see the sky's colours and to greet the breeze quietly.

It took a lot of courage for Hariah to talk to Benjamin, to attempt to be civilised. It looked like it would be thrown back in her face. Nevertheless, she battled on with him. If he didn't want to make the effort Hariah was at least going to try, for the both of them. Conflict was never good. "Believe it or not, I do care actually Benjamin" she said to him, trying to keep her voice friendly. He wasn't very talkative today and Hariah knew this would be hard work. She saw him try his best to ignore her, he couldn't get rid of her that easily. She spent this long waiting for him, she wouldn't leave not achieving anything.

She couldn't help but smile, she longed for him to look at her. "I know, it's not my usual place to 'hang out'" she replied "and I wonder why..." Hariah muttered under her breath while looking around the dungeon. It was cold and murky, such a contrast to the brightness and the warmth of the Gryffindor floor. "I am talking to the Slytherin I came for. I don't fraternize with many Slytherins, your probably the only one" She explained to Benjamin. There was a good reason for Hariah not talking to other Slytherins, if they were all like Benjamin she didn't want to get to know them. She was happy with Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs. "So are you going to talk to me?" She said a bit more sternly.

Hariah's response surprised him and it reached to the very bit of his brain cells. Benjamin's raised an eyebrow briefly and let it down again. He never expected someone to actually tell him that especially when it came out from one of his rivals. His rival in studying, Quidditch matches, attention and even for the house cup. She was one of those people that he last wanted to see and even converse with but hell, his future seemed to be doomed. Only did he know that maybe Gryffindors had a heart for others, even if it was for their number one sworn enemy. Benjamin relaxed his tense shoulders and exhaled a large amount of carbon dioxide. His brain was not really used to these kinds of things. He was aware that Hariah was one stubborn person and he was almost sure that when he would usher her to leave the dungeons, she would simply refuse and retort. "Then I'm fine I guess. The same boy as always." Benjamin's tone was dry and he did not really want to even talk with her. What the hell was she doing in the cold and eerie part of the castle? She had a nerve, really and that bothered him a lot.

Benjamin hadn't really thought about their argument one week after it occurred and so it bothered him when he found out that Meadow was actually behind him, urging him through his mind to turn around and speak to her seriously. Benjamin breathed evenly, telling himself to not pay any mind to the presence behind his very back. The boy knew too that Hariah was maybe even debating within herself whether she should keep a friendly tone or not. Maybe another argument with her wasn't so bad. It would keep him distracted from all the homeworks in his second year. "And you? Doing good hopefully? Especially with Potions?" Benjamin asked politely, his voice not cracking into something disrespectful. His Hogwarts life mellowed down his personality about being charming and conversational. And so, he decided that he would be an introvert to stay away from any harm. Even his studies went wrong and they somehow slipped away from him when it was his second term last year. "Now Meadow can defeat me since I gave up on my studies. Good Merlin, what am I doing to myself?" He questioned himself in his thoughts but let the bad things abandon him for now. He was going to deal with them maybe in his third year where his electives where going to be around him from then on.

Something stopped Hariah from her sentence and the silence moved along with them. It made Benjamin wonder why she did that or why did he seem to think that she stopped it. Was she purposely confusing him to loosen up and talk to her? He wasn't someone who tried to talk whenever there was an opportunity but his curiosity led him off hence, asking her the only question in his thoughts. "You wonder what? Why you're spending time here?" Benjamin looked to the sky and fixed his stare there, trying to seek possibilities why the hell was she even in the dungeons. The Gryffindor common room was someplace bright and warm unlike here which contradicted it so much. Hariah once again spoke and replied to his offer which he even offered sincerely. It did not show in his tone though but his mind knew that he wanted to get that person out of the common room. Benjamin bent his head low and exhaled sadly. "Do you judge all Slytherins based on me?" Benjamin added, his green eyes looking at the darkness beneath them. There were intermittent lightning that flashed across the gloomy sky which he knew that the weather would be worse than the morning. He faced the Gryffindor girl, his face a little amused with her tone. His sea green eyes showed it all too. "I'm talking to you right now aren't I? You're so silly Meadow." Benjamin replied casually, before ruffling his hear to feel the cool air on his scalp after many warm days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back