Ford's Rock

Ford Harkonnen

Wand
It's made of wood, I suppose
Ford sauntered down to his rock, messing with two coins in his left hand. He didn't have his bag or anything, but rather a box, which he held in his right arm. He jumped up onto his rock, sat the box down, laid the coins down on the box, and pulled out his wand, "Accio rock!" From the middle of the lake, a rock flew out into his open hand. He pocketed his wand and tossed the rock up in the air, upon catching it, he had an idea. He sat the stone down on his rock and pulled out his wand, "Incendio!" There was a puff of smoke around the stone and when it disapated, the rock had a charred black color. Ford shrugged, Worth a try, he thought.

Having received a note from Ford, Sophia walked down to the lake, her bag slung over her left shoulder. She spotted Ford on his normal rock and walked toward him, wondering what in the world was in the box he had with him. Once she reached him, she stopped, her right hand playing with the strap of her bag. "Good evening Ford," she said in what was a fairly nice tone for her.

Ford turned as Sophia adressed him, "Good evening," he said, smiling. He dropped down and picked up the two coins. "I got us something," he said, jumping down off the rock in front of Sophia, "Fake Galleons. We can use them to communicate with each other," he added holding one out to her.

Sophia took the fake galleon from Ford, eying it cautiously. She then turned her golden eyes to Ford. "Thank you, but, how do they work exactly?"

Ford pulled out his wand, "Well, you the coin, think what you want it to say, and it shows up on the coin." Ford explained, "Let me demonstrate." He thought for a moment. On both coins the message of 'Hello!' appeared.

After listening to Ford's explanation and watching his demonstration, she looked down at her coin and smirked slightly at seeing the message. She looked up at him, her golden eyes shining. "I have a feeling these will come in handy. So, what is in the box?"

Ford pocketed his wand and coin, turned, and grabbed the box from the rock. "This is a portable swamp," he held it up between the two of them, "Don't open it. That's how it goes off." He warned.

Sophia looked at Ford with a strange expression on her face. Never having been in Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes, she had never heard of such a thing. "What precisely do you plan on doing with a Portable Swamp?"

"I'm not entirely certain," Ford said, examining the box, "You never know when it could come in handy."

Realizing that she was still standing there with her bag over her shoulder, Sophia set her bag down and analyzed the rock, attempting to figure out just how to get onto it.

Ford lept onto the rock and held his hand out to Sophia, to help her up. The sun was shining behind him, low in the sky, and a slight wind rippled the water, and caused Ford's ever longer black hair to blow in the wind. "Anxious about your parents visiting?" He asked sincerely.

Sophia took Ford's hand and got onto the rock with his help, immediately sitting down and crossing her left leg over her right. She flipped her long black hair over her shoulder, attempting to keep it out of her pale face. "Slightly. Although, it is only my mother visiting, not my father. He has to go to work apparently."

"What's your father do?" Ford asked. He didn't know that much about Sophia's family, and was eager to learn before he met them.

"He works in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement at the Ministry of Magic. I am not entirely sure what he does thought, I only know that he works there."

"That's pretty cool, though," Ford said, "A government job. If I meet him sometime, I could have something to talk with him about." Ford sat down next to Sophia and began playing with his coin, flipping it into the air.

"I suppose..." Sophia responded, not sound terribly sure. Unable to think of anything else to say, Sophia turned her gaze to the lake and the setting sun.

Ford was flipping his coin when he got an idea, he grabbed his coin in his hand as it came down from a tall parabola, and turned to Sophia, "We could cast charms on these so that no one else could use them." He said excitedly, which is to say, in a not bored tone.

Sophia looked to Ford, smirking. "I like the way you think Ford. What is the incantation again?"

"Infelicio Fur," Ford said, and pulled out his wand. Ford's liking of charms was finally coming into use. He pointed his wand at the coin in his hand and incanted the spell. A red mist flowed out of his wand and enveloped the coin. The faintest glimmerings of a cohesive shape shimmered around somewhere about the coin, but it was barely visible. Then the mist faded and disappeared.

Sophia switched the coin to her right hand, extracting her wand from her pocket with a serious look on her face. She pointed her and at the coint. "Infelicio Fur," she encanted, causing a deep green mist to emit from her wand and envelop her coin. It faded away in a sparkle in a few moments. Sophia looked up at Ford, smirking.

Ford returned her smirk, "Now they are ours, in the truest sense. That's a nifty little charm," Ford mused aloud and looked over the lake. The scene was quite beautiful, the few clouds in the sky were painted red, orange, and yellow in the setting sun. After watching the world in silence for a few minutes, Ford spoke up, "Have you ever given any thought as to what you will do when we get out of here in five years?"

Pocketing her wand, Sophia watched Ford as she looked out on the lake, holding her coin tightly in her right hand.

"I have given some thought, but nothing stands out as something I definitely want to pursue just yet. We still have some time before deciding. I would much like to do something involving potionmaking. Helping out in the Hospital Wing has made me consider being a Healer. And you?

Ford shrugged, "I don't really know. Politics, most likely. I really haven't found anything that grabs my attention yet, like you have." He paused before adding, "Though I could do something with quidditch, I've been told I'm rather good at it," he said blithely.

"Oh, nothing is definitive yet. I have not learned nearly enough to make a clear decision as to what to do with my life. You are very good at Quidditch though," she said, smiling at him.

Ford smiled at Sophia's comment, "Thank you," he said, leaning over to her. He kissed her, pulled back, and put his arm around her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back