Ford's Rock

Ford shrugged, "Personally, I don't remember. But apparently, I had a particular attraction to toy trains. They basically were little die cast trains with rotating wheels, so I could push them around and pretend they were going around mountains and other exotic places. You are also pretty good on a broom yourself," Ford nodded.

"Thank you," Sophia said, trying not to blush as she put in a smug smile. She changed the smile to a normal one as she began again. "I had a train set as well. Only I didn't have to push mine. I do not believe Mother would have let me push it if I wanted to. I was more interested in flying than trains anyhow."

"I can imagine," Ford said, "There's nothing quite like flying." Using his wand, he flicked a rock out into the lake. "You haven't talked about your family much, what were they like?"

"Oh, they are wonderful parents. Here, I have pictures." Sophia picked up her bag and looked through it for a minute before withdrawing two pictures and handing them to Ford.

leo_dicaprio1_300_400.jpg

courtneycox.jpg

"Everyone says I look just like my mother, aside from her blue eyes. My parents are quite strict, and they have high expectations for me. It is not bad though, they taught me to work hard and carry myself as I do. What is your mother like?"

Ford looked at the pictures of her parents closely, and looked up at Sophia, "My mother wasn't around too much. So, when I got to spend time with her we were more like friends than anything." Ford flicked another rock into the lake, "But she was very strict with me at the same time. If I behaved inappropriately or got bad marks in school, she came down on me hard," Ford sighed a little, "I live with my aunt, now that my mom died. She just stays locked up in her room, so I had no one to interact with for a long time, so I read."

"Oh, I am so sorry Ford," Sophia said sincerely, putting her left hand on his right arm. Having never dealt with such loss before, Sophia was very unsure of what to do for Ford. She frowned at him, not knowing what to say.

Ford shrugged, "It's alright, it was a few years ago." Ford sighed, he didn't spend that much time with his mother, but he still missed her presence, however small, in his life. He had been quite isolated, even after her death, because his aunt didn't really care for having him in her house. He flicked a rock into the lake, harder than he had previoulsy, and he uttered a frustrated grunt as he swung his wand around.

Sophia frowned as she watched Ford, getting the feeling that it really was not all right, as Ford had said. She decided not to ask, and picked her book back up, unsure of what else to do.

Ford sighed again, then he looked up at Sophia, his demeanor happy. "It seems as though some else has decided to walk the grounds," he pointed to a far off tiny figure, "Do you want to head inside?"

Sophia looked up at Ford, quite confused by his happy demeanor. He just talked about his mother dying and he is happy? Ignoring the thought for now she looked to the figure Ford was pointing to. "I will leave the decision up to you," she said and went back to reading, the harsh look returning to her face in preparation for seeing anyone other than Ford.

Ford's smile faltered slightly, he sighed again, "Let's go inside, I guess." He stood up and picked his things up and waited for Sophia.

Sophia closed her book and returned it, along with the pictures of her parents and her new Slytherin patch, to her bag, slinging it over her left shoulder as she stood. She looked to Ford, her golden eyes glowing in the twilight. "Thank you Ford, for everything," she said, waiting for him to lead the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back