Ford's Rock

Sophia Stark

OOC First Name
Kaela
Upon trying to do her homework, Sophia had discovered a note from Ford in her books, asking her to meet him by the rock. Deciding that she could do her work while waiting for Ford, Sophia had walked down to the rock with her books, thinking the entire way. She sat down on the rock and crossed her left leg over her right, setting her bag down and taking a book from in to read. Her golden eyes were scanning the page of the open book, but Sophia's mind was focused on other things. Why did he give me that note? Why does he want to meet me? Why? This was all new to Sophia, so she was uncertain about so many things, and Sophia did not like uncertainty.

Ford hoped that Sophia had seen his note as he walked down to his rock on the lake. In his hand, he held a small cloth bag. He held it as if it was the most precious thing in the world. He looked around and was happy to see that there was no one around, they were probably doing homework, overwhelmed by the fact that they were now required to do things aside from lazily wasting away. He saw Sophia sitting on the rock, doing some homework. His stomach flipped around inside him as he walked up to the rock.

"Good evening, Sophia," he said confidently.

Sophia looked up unexpectedly at the sound of Ford's voice, quickly wiping away the look of surprise that had been on her face to return it to its normal blank expression. In all of her thoughts Sophia had forgotten why she had come down here. "Good evening Ford," she said, sounding a bit more cold than she meant to. What am I doing? Sophia was not used to having feelings like this for anyone. Although she considered herself close to her mother, their relationship did not involve sharing feelings. Sophia really did like Ford, but she was still unsure of what she was doing, and still scared of revealing herself. She stared at Ford with her golden eyes, which happened upon the cloth bag in his hands. Even more nervous than she had been, but determined as ever not to let it show, she looked up at Ford, waiting for him to speak.

Ford noticed Sohpia's quick change of expression, but didn't let it bother him. He lept up onto the rock and sat next to Sophia. His stomach was all over the place, he'd never felt this way before; inside or for someone else. His hands played with the bag, nervously. He didn't know what to say or where to start, so he just hit the ground running. "I got something for you," he croaked. He quickly turned to a more confident side to Sophia, and held the bag up.

Sophia was startled, very taken aback by Ford's sudden statement. For once the fear and confusion she felt there on her face for the world to see, until of course she realized this and gave her head a bit of a shake, returning her face to normal. "You...got something...for me?" Her golden eyes looked tentatively at the bag, afraid to take it.

Ford's stomach kicked into high gear with Sophia's reaction, but he remained confident on the outside. "Yes," Ford nodded, smiling warmly, "For you. I figure it's okay to give them to you here, because there's no one around to see us together."

As the realization set in that Ford had gone out and bought something just for her kicked in, the expression on Sophia's face changed drastically from cold to happily shocked. She looked at Ford, and then back to the bag, taking it from him tentatively, still a bit unsure. After giving Ford a flash of a weak smile, she looked down to the bag, took in a deep breath, and opened it, looking to see what he had gotten her.

As Sophia opened the bag, it revealed a Slytherin patch and pin. Ford looked up at Sophia, hoping that she liked his gifts.

Upon opening the bag Sophia found a Slytherin patch and pin inside. She took them out and looked at them in admiration, then smiling sincerely at Ford. "Thank you," she said in a voice that was much softer than normal, and then leaned in for a short kiss.

Ford's insides jumped with Sophia's reaction, he was grinning like an idiot. He leaned forward and kissed her, "You're welcome." He said.

Sophia realized that she was smiling and looked down to her new items, trying to look blank. "Why did you get these for me?" she asked softly, looking back to Ford.

Ford felt a taken a little back at Sophia's change in expression, but recovered quickly. "Because I wanted to," Ford smiled at her.

Sophia let a bit of a smile show on her lips as she looked to Ford. "Why did you want to?" She picked up the pin and began to put it on her robes are she waited for an answer.

Ford shrugged, "I just wanted to." He really didn't know why he wanted to buy Sophia something, he just did, "Do you like them?"

After successfully attaching the pin to her robes near her left collarbone, Sophia smiled softly at Ford. "I like them very much, thank you. I feel bad, I do not have anything for you though."

Ford smiled at Sophia, "It's okay. I wanted them to be a surprise." He said confidently, "You don't have to get me anything."

Letting her guard down and smiling at Ford, Sophia leaned forward and kissed him, closing her eyes as their lips met. For a few wonderful moments she forgot that they were sitting by the lake, and she kissed him without caring. As he released the kiss she blinked her eyes open, and the realization that she was indeed outside set in. Blushing fiercely Sophia looked down at her lap, unsure of what to do.

Ford pulled back from the kiss when Sophia stopped, she was staring down at her lap, embarrassed, hoping that no one was around. Ford turned to look, there was nobody around. It was a fairly quiet evening, as the sun was setting over the lake. Ford put his arm around Sophia, hoping that it wasn't too much for being out in the open, "What are you studying?" He inquired sincerely.

Sophia looked back up at Ford, still seeming shy. "History. I'm rereading through Great Wizards of the Twentieth Century since we will be learning about famous witches and wizards this year. I felt the need to get a head start, as we learned absolutely nothing this week."

"That we haven't," laughed Ford. This was the first time he laughed with someone else for a long time. "I was not to pleased with herbology. I do not like digging around in the dirt at all."

Sophia seemed to loosen up at bit as she responded to Ford. "I know precisely with you mean. I abhor touching dirt. Mother and I have a garden at home, but we do not ever touch the dirt. It was absolutely appalling. I cannot believe the Professor wants us to do that for the rest of the term."

"Agreed," Ford replied, he noticed Sophia was opening up a little, which in turned loosened him up a bit, "I am very eagerly awaiting the end of that class. However, Defense against the Dark Arts should be interesting, as should History of Magic."

"It is not so bad learning about potions ingredients, but to make us do physical labor is going too far. I am much looking forward to Defense Against the Dark Arts and History of Magic. I was disappointed that we learned nothing in History of Magic, and barely anything in Defense Against the Dark Arts for the matter, but Professor King at least assigned homework."

Sophia seemed to be letting down a bit of the wall she had built up over the years. Something about Ford made her oddly comfortable around him. She was still nervous about being in the open, but no one was around at the moment.

"We really didn't do that much this week," Ford agreed. He discovered long ago that he was anomalous, in that he enjoyed doing school work. "I hope things pick up next week. I rather enjoying learning about magic, seeing as I never grew up with it."

"I cannot imagine what it would be like to grow up without magic. Although for never using magic before, you are a pretty good flyer. I have had my own broomstick since I was two. What sort of things did you play with as a child?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back