Ford's rock. Once again...

Ford Harkonnen

Wand
It's made of wood, I suppose
Ford lazily walked down to his rock on the lakefront. He hadn't been here with any regularity in a while, which greatly saddened him, because it was a very relaxing corner of earth. His pack was slung over his shoulder and Ford quietly sang a song that he had learned as a child, "The Steward of Gondor," from Tolkien. He swung himself up onto his rock, which was located on the lake, with the castle ways off to his left. To his center-right, the sun was beginning it's quiet descent into the underworld, and the only sound around was Ford's boots crunching on the snow. He was wearing a few layers in order to keep warm. His pack was clanking loudly, as if filled with glass. He sat on the rock and unslung his pack, setting it beside him. He opened it up and pulled out a bottle of butterbeer. The past few weeks had been getting rediculously busy, and Ford needed some time to unwind, as his mother used to say.

Zoe had been walking around, by the lake, and saw Ford sitting alone on a rock. She walked up to him, "Hey Ford, what's up?" She said casually.

Ford had just popped open the cap on his butterbeer when Zoe-Hope addressed him. Ford turned and took a large swig of butterbeer. "Relaxing," Ford said once he swallowed the drink. It produced the warming sensation that he had been hoping for, "Before finals."

"I'm so nervous for the exams too, and i'm wondering about our punishment from what happened at the halloween feast." She said, then sat down next to the rock.

Ford shrugged and took another drink of his butterbeer, "What will be, will be," he incanted while gazing over the lake, "Old Manteia seems to take some sort of masochistic pleasure in humiliating his own house. I am not certain that he understands that, rather than make me ashamed of my actions, he's only enabling my anger at him," Ford said dryly, as if commenting on the cold weather.

"What I don't understand is why Faciln would recommend a punishment for something he isn't even part of. That pretty much aggrivated me a lot." She said, with a blank expression on her face.

"Because he's a suck up." Ford stated bluntly and took another drink of butterbeer, "By the way, do you want one?" Ford asked, shaking his butterbeer. He figured that anyone who had to deal with Old Manteia deserved a butterbeer.

"Yes, please." Zoe said as she took one of the glasses, and filled it with butterbeer, "Thanks. I don't know what I'm going to do with 6 more years of Manteia." She said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back