Ford & Sophia

Ford Harkonnen

Wand
It's made of wood, I suppose
Ford walked down to the dungeons with Sophia. They were far past the Slytherin common room, and the walls were getting worn, and the floor dusty. There many footprints, fresh in the dust, leading to a bronze door, greening with oxidation.

"Do you want to see something interesting?" Ford asked Sophia.

Sophia had walked to the Dungeons with Ford, walking close beside him the whole way.

"Something interesting you say?" she inquired, looking at the door, then back to Ford. "Lead the way."

Ford walked up to the bronze door, it was still unlocked, and pushed it open. It creaked on it's hinges, revealing the small room inside. There was some broken furniture, mostly pushed into a corner, and a dank scent permeated the cool air. Ford beckoned for Sophia to enter before him, smiling, excited to show her his discoveries.

Sophia entered into the room as Ford beckoned her to do so. Upon entering, her expression turned quite skeptical. Looking around the room, she wondered just what was so interesting about this room. There was hardly anything in it, and it smelled awful. Sophia turned around to look at Ford, her eyes asking him what this was all about.

Ford walked in behind Sophia, the room still smelled bad. "Down those stairs is where the real fun began when I came down here last," Ford said dryly, pulling out his wand, "At least for me. I'll go first, I don't know how things have changed." Ford added and began walking down the stairs.

Sophia pulled her robes more tightly around herself as she followed Ford down the steps, her left hand grasping her wand in her pocket. "Is this place dangerous?" she asked quietly, having no idea what to expect.

"We don't have a broom, so we can't go to the dangerous parts," Ford said reassuringly as he walked down the steps, "At the bottom the steps is a large room. Completely black, except for the occasional glow worm on the wall. In the center there's some sort of stone. Very tall and thin, obelisk, the word might be." Ford explained, holding his wand out in front of him, watching the steps closely, "But when we were in here before, I heard a voice. No one else, just me. But this voice sang in a language, an old language, that seemed foreign yet familiar at the same time." As Ford finished, he descended to the bottom of the steps and held his wand up, illuminating the area around them as much as possible.

Sophia followed, considering Ford's words as she listened. We cannot go to the most dangerous part? She frowned, wondering what exactly they would be seeing down here.

"You heard a voice no one else could hear?" she asked, stepping down from the last step, illuminating her wand so that she could get a better look at everything. From what she could see, the place looked interesting, a but a bit dirty for her taste.

Ford turned to Sophia and nodded, "Yes. Strange is it not. It happened when I walked towards the center of the room," and he began to do so.

A soft wind began to blow as he did so, a voice carried on it. It sounded eloquent and beautiful, and in the same language as before, "Do you hear it?"

Sophia walked toward the center of the room with Ford, stopping when he asked her is she heard something. She looked around, confused, and looked back to Ford, a bit worried. "No, Ford, I do not hear anything."

For some reason, the fact that Sophia could not hear the voice bothered Ford. Even though nobody else had heard it before, that did not bother him. Ford walked back to Sophia, and the voice died down, except for a few utterings on the wind occasionally. "No one else could either," he said, "We encountered this room and then moved around the room in that direction," he continued, pointing with his wand. "There we found a chasm, and Professor King came down and had a rather heated discussion with George Weasley and gave us some brooms to get across the chasm." Ford paused and looked around warily, as if the next part of the story might awaken it's participants, "Then there was a tunnel, and at the end there was a lake with a island in the middle. There we encountered a ghost from my guess is Ireland, he said he was Gaelic. Before threatening our lives and kicking us out, he pointed me out specifically. I don't know why yet."

Sophia listened to what Ford was saying, a blank expression on her face, which, once he was done speaking, turned into a smirk. "Well, why are we not getting brooms and going?"

Ford smiled, "I don't know." He said, "Nox." He flicked his wand before saying, "Accio broom!" And minutes later, Ford's broom came whooshing down the stair way towards the two of them. Ford grabbed it out of midair and hopped on, "Ready to ride?" He asked, smiling mischievously towards Sophia.

Sophia returned Ford's smile with an equally mischievous one of her own. Still holding her illuminated wand in her left hand, she walked to Ford and got on the broom behind him. Sophia grasped the broom with her right hand and kept her left hand out so that they would have some light. "Ready when you are."

Ford pocketed his wand and gently accelerated the broom forward along the wall. The glow worms seemed to float harmlessly on by in quiet darkness. In the light of Sophia's wand, the abyss they had to cross became incredibly clear as the ground gave out suddenly to their right. Ford veered off over the chasm and searched for the landing they had found previously. Once he saw it, Ford floated over to it, "That cave is where we went down before." He stopped his broom and they hovered in the air, "Just be ready to leave at a moment's notice. I don't know what will happen." Ford warned, his voice slightly stern, but his face was soft. He made his way down the tunnel and after a while in the increasingly cramped passage, they emerged into a large, domed chamber with a sickly, glowing green lake with a small rocky island in the middle. He floated down to it and landed.

Keeping her wand held out, Sophia looked at her surroundings with wonder as she and Ford flew through the cave. She looked forward to Ford as the broom stopped and hovered, taking in his words. "All right," she said in response, looking around as they were flying once more.

When Ford landed the broom on the island, Sophia put her feet down so that they touched the ground, getting off of the broom. She held her wand out before her as she walked forward, looking around.

Ford held the broom in one hand and pulled his wand out, and held it at the ready. The familiar faint glow emanated from the water, providing enough ambient light to see by. "Nothing yet." Ford said, relieved and disappointed at the same time.

Sophia listened to Ford, but kept her attention on the things around her. She walked to the edge of the island, holding her wand above the water, observing its odd color and glow.

The one of the old blood had returned. Conri felt his presence as soon as he stepped onto the island. He flew through rock and stone to the lake. He materialized between the two students, one of which was new to him. A deep, gutteral growl reverberated throughout the room as he coalesced.

"You have returned," he said, "Why."

Sophia's golden eyes widened in surprise as a a ghost appeared behind her out of nowhere. She turned around and looked up at the ghost, her face and eyes now blank and emotionless as she listened to the ghost talk to Ford.

Ford stared at he familiar sight of the spectre as it appeared behind him. "What old blood? Why do you talk to me like that." Ford inquisitioned the shade, barely containing his battling excitement and fear.

Sophia looked to Ford and the ghost between them. Not liking standing alone in the island with the ghost looming there, Sophia slowly began to make her way to the other side, where Ford was.

Conri noticed the girl making her way towards the boy, but it did not bother him, she was of no concern, the boy was where his thoughts lied. He looked down at he youth. His nerves are getting to him, he smiled grimly. "You are descended of the Tuatha de Danaan," Conri stated plainly, "And last son of Fiacha mac Delbaíth." He looked down at him as if this should be plainly obvious.

Sophia made her way to stand beside Ford, intertwining her fingers with his as her left hand grabbed his right. She looked up at the ghost, not understand most of what he had said. Blinking a few times, Sophia turned to Ford with a confused expression.

Ford stared up at the ghost blankly, his mind racing yet empty at the same time, despite the fact that he had no idea what the ghost was talking about. As Sophia grasped his hand, he looked at her and smiled. His gaze returned to the ghost, "I'm what now? Ford said, "And does this have anything to do with the voice I heard before?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back