Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Sophie)
Wand
Knotted 11 Inch Sturdy Hawthorn Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Etienne didn't need to be told twice, rushing back to see Sophie almost before the doctor woman could finish telling him he was allowed in to see her. He hurried into the room, his eyes immediately locking onto her. "Sophie," he breathed in relief, walking carefully over to her. He conjured a soft pink baby blanket and offered it out to her, looking a bit sheepish. "I, um, er..." he stammered shyly. He wasn't sure where Sophie wanted him in this scene, but he wanted to at least offer something for her newborn baby. Once he had a better idea of how he was needed, of what she wanted from him, he would know how to react. Still, he gave her his gentlest smile, standing as close as he dared.

As Etienne entered the room, Sophie couldn't help the smile that formed on her face. She was a wreck, sweaty, and her hair was sticking out all over the place, but in that moment she was happy to see the man that brought her there. She interrupted their date, was sick all over him, and yet he still waited for her, and she hadn't ever appreciated a person more. He summoned a pink blanket for the baby and Sophie thanked him as she took it and wrapped her child in it. "I can't believe you waited." she told Etienne softly. "Do you want to hold her?" She held the baby up to him. It was all snug in the blanket and half asleep. "Her name is Brianna."

Etienne relaxed as Sophie took the blanket, pulling up a chair and sitting next to her. "Of course I waited, Sophie," he murmured, summoning a handkerchief and dabbing gently at her face. He hesitated, looking wide eyed between Sophie and the baby. "Are- are you sure?" He breathed. He stood, reaching over and pouring her a glass of water. "I'll trade you, mon cher, I'll hold Brianna and you drink this," he smiled. With her help, he took the newborn in one arm, giving her the water. He settled back down in the chair, his heart fluttering as he looked down at Sophie's daughter. He smiled gently, tucking the blanket in as the baby wiggled a bit and knocked it loose. "She's beautiful." He breathed, before looking up to Sophie and winking. "Just like her mother."

Sophie felt insecure again as Etienne began dabbing at her face. She appreciated it however, and was just glad there were no mirrors in the room that she could look at herself through. She knew she wasn't the prettiest in that moment, but was just happy to finally have her child with her, and the man that already seemed to like her so very much. The former Ravenclaw giggled as Etienne traded a glass of water for the baby. "Thank you." she said to him before taking a sip of it, flattered that he cared so much. Her mouth was definitely feeling dry after all of the breathing and pushing. She smiled at the sight of Etienne with Brianna, blushing as he called her beautiful even in her current state. "There's no way. I'm a wreck." she admitted. "I'm sorry for ruining our night... I promise we can try again soon. I'm sure Selene would be more than happy to baby sit."

Etienne chuckled and shook his head. "Sophie, you are always going to be beautiful to me, my sweet," he promised. He rocked Brianna gently in his arms, admiring how adorable she was. She was so tiny. He chuckled as she apologized, shaking his head again. "You didn't ruin anything, I promise." He reassured her, offering out his hand for her. "Our evening may have ended a bit differently than we thought it would. But mon cher, every moment I spend with you is well worth it," He winked at her.

Etienne looked down at Brianna again and smiled. "While it would be nice if Selene could babysit, you can bring Brianna along if you need to. I'm always going to be here to help you with her, if you want me." He smiled shyly at her. "I just want to be with you, Sophie. I'll be whatever you want me to be." He told her again, smiling shyly.

Sophie was never too sure how to properly take compliments, but she accepted the ones that Etienne gave her, despite how much she felt the opposite. She would need to lose all of the baby fat now, but apparently that would be easy for her since she was so young. She was looking forward to going out in public and not being stared at now for having a pregnant stomach. It would only be one of the few changes in her life.

"Every moment I spend with you is worth it too... and I'm glad you didn't leave me. I'm so grateful for you." she told him truthfully, reaching her hand out to place over his. She had only known the man for a little while, but it definitely felt like a lifetime, and she couldn't think of anyone else that she would rather sit in a hospital room with. "Of course I want you to be there to help Etienne. I really want you a part of Brianna's life. You've made me happy, and I think you could do the same with Brianna too. You're so kind and exactly the sort of person I'd like my daughter to look up to." she explained, smiling at him. "And look at how cute you two are." She giggled, admiring how peacefully Brianna slept in his arms.

Etienne smiled, rubbing his thumb gently along Sophie's hand. He could feel his heart flutter as she went on. "Sophie..." He looked between her and Brianna, smiling warmly. "Maybe it is a little soon, but um... would you consider moving in with me?" He looked up to her. "I have a guest room. You and Brianna could stay there. Or you can take my room and give Brianna the second room. I'll take the couch." He smiled shyly. "I am pretty sure you'll say no, mon cher, you won't hurt my feelings if you do. I would like it if you said yes, though," He bit his lip.

At Etienne's question, Sophie sat up a little in the bed. She wondered why he was asking so soon, but it definitely showed how dedicated he was to both Sophie and Brianna. She smiled at him. "Of course that's something I would consider." she said, excited for what the future held. "I'd have to ask my mother, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. I think her days of waking up to crying babies are gone." Sophie giggled before leaning forward and kissing Etienne on the cheek. "Thank you." she said softly, feeling like another kiss was really what he deserved.

Etienne's eyes widened. "Wait, really?" He couldn't help but smile brightly, turning his head as she kissed his cheek to catch her lips with his. He brought his hand up, tracing her jaw gently. "Sophie, I promise, I'm going to do my best to make you happy. I'll take care of Brianna and I'll make you dinner every night and I'm just going to pamper you both, I'll do anything you need me to, I swear," he chattered, rocking the baby gently in his arms. "Do you want the bedroom to yourself? I'll set up the room for you, and the other room for Brianna, and I'll take the couch if you want me to," he thought aloud, reaching up to brush her hair back.

Sophie smiled at how excited her response made Etienne. He really wanted to live with her and help with Brianna and Sophie couldn't be more grateful. She kissed him back, happy to just be in this moment. It all felt so surreal. As Etienne spoke about arrangements, Sophie quickly shook her head. "No, we can't take your bedrooms. It's your house. Brianna and I can take one bedroom while you stay in yours." she insisted, not wanting to be too much of a burden. She was grateful that Etienne was allowing them into his home, and didn't want to bite off more than she could chew.

Etienne chuckled, rocking Brianna in his arms and bringing Sophie's hand up to press a gentle kiss to the back of it. "We can talk about that later. We should talk about the nursery first," he mused, rubbing his thumb gently over Sophie's skin. "Do you have anything yet? I can go pick it up. Did you have a color scheme in mind?" He looked down to the little girl in his arms and smiled warmly, turning the smile back to her mother after a moment. "I'll stay here with you for a while longer, but you both need your rest. I'll go for a few hours, set things up, then come back for you." He offered, making a bit of a plan.

As Etienne asked about Brianna's nursery, she suddenly became a little anxious as she realised that she hadn't really prepared any of it yet. It had taken her a while to accept what had happened to her and decide to keep the baby, and so truthfully no thought had been put into setting up a nursery yet. "No." she replied simply, looking down. She felt like she had already failed as a mother to her child. "Maybe just some pinks? I'm not sure what her favourite colour is yet." She chuckled a little, not really minding what the nursery looked like. It simply needed a crib, and that was all that Sophie cared about. "Thank you so much Etienne. I could definitely do with some rest." She smiled up at him, feeling a little tired.

Etienne nodded easily. "That's alright, I'll handle it." He promised her. He stood slowly, the baby asleep in his arms, and walked over to lay her down in the little bed they provided for her. He set her down gently, covering her and pressing a gentle kiss to her head. He turned, walking back up and pulling the blankets up around Sophie, tucking her in as well. He took Sophie's water and set it on the table bedside table. "Don't worry about a thing, mon cher. I'll take care of everything." He smiled warmly, brushing her hair back. He leaned down, pressing a tender kiss to her temple as well. "I'll be back soon, rest now." He brushed his fingers down her cheek, reaching to tuck the blankets in a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back