Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Arc)
Wand
Ebony, Dragon heart-string, 9 1/2 inches
If there was one thing in this world that could calm Kira down, it was a well cooked meal. She hurried down to breakfast, her belly rumbling and any doubts she had about being here dispelled for the time being. She wasn't used to not being involved with the staff, but that was okay. She was here to learn, not to cook or clean or check guests in.

She rushed into the crowded dining hall, her chocolate ponytail bouncing as she walked and her long bangs brushed behind her ear. Her cloak swished about her feet delightfully as she walked. She quickly found a somewhat open spot at the end of the Ravenclaw table and sat down. She set down the book she had been carrying and piled food onto her plate. Eggs, sausage, bacon, two biscuits with strawberry jelly.

Opening the brief history of magic and setting it in front of her plate and her glass of milk set carefully to the side, she dug into her food. Every bite was delicious, and she couldn't help but savor it as she read.

She didn't even notice the person who sat next to her until they spoke.

Arielle was really starting to like being at the castle, she didn't have that many friends yet and she didn't exactly know if her sisters had already, either. She did however know that people were nice here, so far. It had been quite a change moving continents, from France to New Zealand. The weather was different, and the people were much nicer - except, Arielle still needed to get used to the opposite weather and the fact that there were so many different types of people at Hogwarts who had different accents, different backgrounds. She had yet to meet other French people and Arielle wouldn't be that surprised if she came across one. In fact it would kind of be a relief to the young Gryffindor.

Arielle was hungry, so she decided to leave exploring to later, instead of immediately. The triplet was fond of this food and her stomach was grumbling. The house elves sure knew how to cook! Maybe, Arielle could befriend one, how exciting would that be?! She entered the Great Hall, a little breathless from her rushing to get down here because of how hungry she was. Arielle glanced at her house table not being able to find her sister Aveline, so instead she shrugged as she figured Aveline could find her soon enough. Then, she went over to the Ravenclaw table and yet Amelie wasn't there, either - or she was and Arielle just had a very bad eyesight. She took a seat near the end, and after a few minutes while the brunette was happily munching on her breakfast she heard someone sit down next her. Arielle paid her no attention until the person started serving themselves some food and eat - rather loudly. The first year chuckled. "Someone's hungry. Though I can't blame you, the house elves make the best food."

Kira almost dropped her book when she heard a voice next to her. She caught it a little ungracefully and looked to her side with mouth full and eyes wide. She swallowed quickly and straightened, blushing a little. The comment on how the food tasted put her a little at ease. She could talk about food, it was almost like talking about the inn.

She nodded, a shy smile on her face. "I thought my new brother-in-law was the best cook ever until I came here. I don't know how they do it but everything is always amazing." She took a sip of milk and then held out her hand. "My name is Kira wolf."

Arielle thought that it was nice that the girl had decided to speak back to her instead of ignoring her, because that would have been awkward. Arielle would have had to leave the table or worse, eat her breakfast in silence. Solitude had never been her thing, she liked being surrounded by others and those her age were even better. "Sorry for scaring you," she smiled softly. Then laughed at the girl's revelation. "Yeah, I thought my granny cooked amazingly well, I mean she does of course, but the house elves and their food...that's just another thing entirely," she shook her head. "I know right?!" she exclaimed, glad someone agreed with her about not knowing how the house elves could possibly make food taste like heaven. Seriously - it was unbelievable. "You have a pretty name," she complimented. "Nice to meet you Kira Wolf, I'm Arielle Marchand," she said with her French accent visibly clear as it was when she said her name and the triplet gladly shook Kira's hand.

Kira smiled shyly, blushing a bit at the other girls compliment. "Thanks, your name is really pretty too. Are you french?" Kira felt a little silly asking, but couldn't help her curiosity. Before coming back home to take over the Inn, her older sister Tyra had spent a year in Paris studying fashion.

Kira continued eating while they talked. Food always made her feel better, and she hoped it would make her feel better about talking to someone new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back