Follow me Honeypot.

Liam Kale

OOC First Name
Maia
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
Liam's feet ached. He'd been wandering the ground all morning. He'd found some sort of mini-garden, but that wasn't very interesting. Sure it was pretty, but there was nothing to do there. He'd seen the lake from the tower, and it was on his mental list of places to see, so that was where he was going next. It wasn't terribly exciting, though he was aware that there were magical creatures in the lake, he didn't see any emerging, and he was sure he'd get in trouble if he went swimming...but there was nobody around, so why not? He took off his shoes and began walking into the water, but then realised that he wasn't suitably attired. He loved swimming, but it wasn't right to go on an adventure in his school robes, they'd take forever to get clean, and after visiting the House Elves, he didn't want to create extra work for them.

He frowned, walking back out of the water, the bottom of his robes wet. It seemed everything he wanted to do was frowned upon. Looking around, he realised there had been a prefect watching him. Perhaps it was better that he hadn't gone swimming. Not sure what to do with himself, Liam started doing his warm-up excercises. they did it before every practice back home, not that he was going to get to play much rugby here, though he liked Quidditch. Montrose Magpies were his favourite team. Their seeker-Porter, was very good. Though they hadn't been doing well recently. He still supported them His Father liked The Prides. (Pride of Portree.) It was a point of constant debate in their home, and their Mother despaired of them, though she was always quick to point out how well the Holyhead Harpies were doing in the league.

A letter has been sent to her mother. Honey is telling it all; about the magical Sorting Hat which could sing, how she finally got sorted into Gryffindor and everything. Honey has no friends, actually. She is not a shy typed girl. She is naturally joyful, loves in making friends and a bit fussy. Yet she began sad whenever she remembered what people's reaction on her name.

They do not believe that this brown-haired little girl named Honey Bee. Literally. They always ask her with something like, are you Honey Bee? Yeaaa, the honey bee that flies away above the sky. It made her felt embarrassed, sometimes.

Honey walked out of the castle. Hogwarts holds tons of mystery to her. Mystery means adventure. And she likes it. Honey decided to go to the lake. She had never been here before. Some people says that there is a Merpeople living in the bottom of the lake. She was very curious about it. But the lake is dark. She couldn’t see anything. Honey sighed disappointedly. As she glanced around, she saw a boy whose bottom of his robes wet. She frowned, approaching him and went, "Have you find something in the lake? I mean.. your cloak is wet."

Liam's frowned as he looked at his robes. They'd dry off, but he'd drip his was to the Dormitories, which wasn't particularly fair on the Caretaker. He started wringing out the bottom of his robes. It was only water, he hadn't gotten into any mucky parts, so it wouldn't stain, but the same couldn't be said for his socks. They were covered in slime from the floor of the lake. He should've taken them off along with his shoes. They were beyond redemption now, he reflected as he took them off. Still, it was just a pair of socks. Perhaps Mother wouldn't notice?

He looked up as a girl arrived; "Hallo!" he greeted cheerfully, as he lay his socks on the ground. He'd take them inside later, once his robes had dried out a bit; "Nah, I fancied a bit of a swim, bu' though better of it." he explained, gesturing to the robes; "They should be dry in a wee bit, I'll just wait to go inside until they are." he added, giving a reason for still being here; "I'm Liam Kale, First Year lion-you're in my year too aren't you-I saw you at the sorting!" he enthused, realising how he knew the girl, however, he didn't know her name. "What're you doin' out here?" he asked brightly, he was in a good mood after the day, no matter about his socks.

For a moment, she noticed the boy had put the wet socks into the ground. She knew that the sunlight might get it dried quickly. Honey nodded her head, replied the greetings with exitedly waving, "Ey.. hallo!" Seeing the way he greeted and talked to her, Honey knew he was a good boy.He said that the reason why his cloak was wet is because he wanted to swim. "Swimming?" she repeated it, and started giggling. "That was great idea.." The name is Liam Kale. Based on his introduction, he is a first year student. And Gryffindor, just like the way Honey is. She found it better, knowing him as another lions in Hogwarts. "Glad to meet you--uhm, may I call you Liam? Perhaps you'd prefer called as Kale.."

You know, some people prefer to be called by their family name, not the first name, middle name or whatever. Moreover, it was the first time that Honey talked and met Liam. But Her friends in Seoul used to call her Honey or Althea. Or something like Ha-Ni. "Yeah, i'm Gryffindor. My name is...," she gave it a pause of a nanosecond, and continued, "...Honey. Honey Bee." Uh-oh! Look! She must be looks like a tomatoes; blushed to the max as she spells her name. "Well I knew it's sooo weird. You can call me Althea, if you want to."

Awkward moment detected. Oh, God.

Liam smiled as the girl came closer. She seemed nice, though he wasn't as comfortable around girls as around guys. There was something very confusing about girls. "I thought so too, but then I realised I'd have to walk through the school in wet robes." he answered, with a laugh. He'd have looked a right state, with his hair wet and his robes sogging. As she asked him what to call him, he frowned; "You cin call me Liam, it's fine." he smiled. He actually quite liked his name, unlike his middle name-Tarquin. It was a family name, but he still hated it.

His little sister liked her name, she'd been named after their Great-Grandmother, Catriona. She was Catherine, but it was basically different forms of the same name, as far as Liam thought. He'd always called her Cat though, or Kitty. She always giggled at that, exclaiming that she was a girl, silly Liam, thinking she was a cat. He knew of course, but he loved making her laugh. "Lovely to meet you, Honey." he smiled, as she introduced herself. She was blushing now, which was odd. Her name wasn't very common, and she probably got teased a bit, but Liam didn't see the point. Why would he mention it, it was none of his business; "Nah, not really, Honey's a nice name. Why would I call you Althea?" he asked, it seemed a pretty spontaneous alternative. Perhaps it was her middle name, or a nickname.

Finally, she decided to sit on the ground, with grass around her. She let her fingers touch it gently. Honey loves nature; she loves how sun shines brightly at the morning, giving such a tremendous life for all living creatures. Summer is her favourite season. Eventough it might be very hot, melted her popsicle for only a few seconds. But, it doesn't mean that Honey disliked the other season. Autumn is also fascinating. Just like Hogwarts, now, filled with dry leaves all over the ground. Honey picked a leaf and put it on the palm of her hand.

Listening to Liam's talking, Honey smiled. He doesn't mind to be called as Liam. It's better, you know, Honey herself didn't really like people who called her Bee. You serious--Bee? Ha, that sounds weird. "Oh.. thanks. I took it as a compliment," she thanked and laughed. Honey was a nice name, he said. Even it's too mainstream. Honey, like..., so many peoples called their lover with Honey. Honey-Bunny-Sweety. Ugh.

"Althea is my middle name. But it's okay if you want to call me Honey," she added with a friendly smiling. "Hope we could be friends! Oh, Liam, don't you think that there are some magical creatures in the lake? I'm very curious about it." She shrugged her shoulders, as if asked for an answer.

Liam joined the girl on the grass, making sure not to sit too close to her, that would be rude, and would make her feel awkward. Politeness was key in everything..except sport. He smiled at the thought. He'd always loved sport. It was a big part of his life. He'd never not played sport. He hoped to get to jockey this Summer, he'd always known he'd have to come here when he was eleven, his Mother had double-citizanship. Her parents had lived in New Zealand for a number of years, before returning to Scotland, so she'd wanted her children to come here. His Father had agreed, though he'd gone to Hogwarts Scotland.

Liam smiled as she said she took it as a good thing. He'd hate to insult her, not on his first time meeting her. That was another thing his Mother said; 'A good first impression is a step in the right direction.' He'd never understood what she meant by the right direction, but found it was good advice. "Alright then." he smiled, he'd call her Honey. He didn't know her well enough to start calling her by her middle name. "I'm sure we will be." he answered as she spoke about being friends. that was odd. Liam didn't realise that you could discuss being friends with someone, he'd always assumed it just happened; "Well, there are supposed to be mer-people, but they'd live down at the bottom." he reasoned, looking into the depths; "I donnae know of any other water creatures, not yet anyway." he finished, looking back at her; "What d'you think?" he asked, curious.

After a closer observing, Liam apparently looks similar to her stepbrother, Seth Liverich. They had a little longer messy brown hair. Their face shape is also similar, she tought. However, Seth was thinner and taller, oh yeaaa, he is turning 15 a couple months ago. There is something swell in his throat. Honey remembered when one morning she came into the room and found Seth was watching that something-swell in the front of the mirror. Honey called it 'The Choking Meatball'. Seth felt annoyed to be called that way, of course.

He tried to explain that it was step towards maturity; that Seth became teenager, had a girlfriend and soon be rarely took Honey go for a walk to buy a candy-floss, or enjoying the sunshine under a tree. Just like what she is doing now, sitting on the grass besides Liam. Well, eventough Seth could be a super-duper-annoying-stepbro, he always caring on Honey. She is the only child before, have no brother nor sister to play with, so it's worth how she might feels like something had stolen from her, as Seth dating with girls.

Honey smiled back at Liam, and said, "Merpeople? For real? Have you ever seen it before? What it looks like?" She seemed so curious, looking at the lake surface as if she could see something. "I have no idea. How about squids?"

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry I'm late. <_<

Liam felt a little uncomfortable being observed. The girl was watching him. "So, where are you from?" he asked, hoping to restart the conversation, and distract her. He cleared his throat, feeling exposed. Honey seemed nice but much more outgoing than Liam. He was used to people chatting away to him, and not having to speak too much, and sometimes that annoyed him, because he wasn't naturally quiet, but right now, he felt awkward.

He'd decided he would call her Honey. He'd just confuse himself by messing around with middle names. He had a good, solid name. Not very interesting, no, but it served it's purpose. His mother had chosen it. His Father had wanted to call him Duncan, but Liam was glad he hadn't. He quite liked his name. He looked up as she asked about merpeople; "I've seen them in books. They have human-ish top halves, and the tail of a fish. You an't understand them outside the water, unless you speak their language." he explained. He'd read about them when his parents tutored him in magical theory, that had to be done in separate, away from his muggle tutor. "I'm not sure there could be." he smiled, running a hand through the water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back