Flying on the Firebolt

Brian Getathorn XIX

OOC First Name
Brian
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Brian walked out onto the Pitch Firebolt in hand, he would have to practice if he wanted to make the Quidditch team, It was funny to think how last year he'd hated the thought of flying now he loved the idea of going high up into the air.

Mounting his Broom Brian launched himself up into the air enjoying the breeze!

Kailey had been itching to get out on her broom all summer but couldn't because they had been around too many muggles and was not chomping at the bit to fly. So she quickly took her sapphire streak and ran at top speed out to the quidditch pitch and shot up into the air glad to be back in the air and having the whole pitch to ehrself save the person flying down at the other end.

Flying high into the air Brian wanted to try something out, he'd been dreaming of trying this move out all summer but couldn't, his parents had locked up his broom along with most of his other magical things since they had business people coming over all summer with various legal needs.

Flying high into the air Brian smiled as he let go of his broom and fell backwards towards the ground. Falling Brian held out his wand and called out "Accio Firebolt!" Brian smiled as he saw his broom soar towards him faster than he was falling, Brian grabbed onto his broomstick and mounted it while in the air.

Surprisingly Brian's trick had worked with one slight problem, he hadn't gone up high enough, Brian had falling down to far as he crashed onto the ground flying off his broomstick, Brian bounced off the ground and finally landed with a loud thud on his back, his head and his back were stinging as Brian tried to catch his breath, but was laughing at the same time "that was fun!" Brian said with a laugh.

Kailey saw the person fall off of their broomand quickly flew over to them, Kailey got off of her brrom and saw that it was her old fried Brian. She heard him say that it was fun. "Fun? You could've been hurt!" she yelled "Are you okay?" she asked, her voice full of concern.

If he was okay, she just hoped he recognised her, She had cut her hair down to a bit below her shoulders rather than that hip legnth mane she had had last year. Her face had less fat on it and she wasn't wearing her uniform like she had all of last year, But faded jeans and a black that 70s show T-shirt.

Brian got up and looked at the girl who had spoken, It took a second to recognise the person was Kailey, "yeah! of course it was fun! had to start off the year with a bit of a heart pounder!" Brian said with a smile "how was your summer Kailey?" Brian asked curiously.

Kailey gave him a playful hit on the arm. "...Who are you and what have you done with Brian Getathorn?" she laughed "But really...When I first met you you were afraid to go 10 feet in the air. Let alone pull that stunt." she then went on to say "My summer was good, The family went on a two month road trip all over the country. It gave me a chance to get in touch with my inner muggle." "How was your summer?" she inquired Wow...I missed talking to him, This is our first conversation since the yule ball. she thought

"Same old Same old, parents worked most of the time which left me with nothing to do but read, non magical things since my books had all be put up for the summer by my mother" Brian explained "Glad to be back really!" Brian said with a laugh "Athena too!"

"Wait, she put your books up?" Kailey replied "So you were left to read all summer...I love to read but summer vacation in my opinion is time to get out and do things. Ya know, you should come over to my place over winter break or something. Lifes never boring at the Paramore household. If you want to or anything..." Kailey trailed off

"well yeah I kinda expected Mother to do something like that, I mean there muggles and often bring their clients over to our house to work on their cases, couldn't have one of them seeing any of my things lying about by mistake" Brian said matter of factly. It had been difficult enough keeping them from putting Athena in a Kennel let alone trying to keep his books and since they weren't allowed the use of Magic he couldn't just bewitch his books out from the closet.

"My parents are in love with their work so going out to do things tends to be pretty difficult, though I wouldn't mind spending winter vacation at your house, Might be fun after all" Brian said with a smile as he mounted his broomstick once more "I'll race ya!" Brian said excitedly.

[not completely interupting and not stopping for a chat either just a quikkie ]

Andromeda had had a very busy summer, Zuka and herself had spent the most of it working in their respective stores while spending the rest of the time cleaning up around the Gables or exploring the countryside. They had made many new friends but it just hadn't been the same without Brian. She had written to him constantly all summer, one a week to be exact. Sending him photographs as well being nipped within an inch of her life everytime she attempted to put the letter onto Freckles her owl. But not once had he replied, not one single letter had she recieved from him.

So she was delighted to be back at Hogwarts, she just hoped she wouldn't run into him any time soon. A piece of her mind would be the least of his worries. She had hovered on 'Falcon' her Sienna Storm the whole way from the door to the pitch. Hoping for peace and quiet but knowing that it was highly unlikely. She stopped dead when she saw two people flying. It took her a few minutes to recognise the girl but knew her to be Kailey. She had, like Andromeda chopped her hair up as well. Maybe it was all the range this year, Andromeda's was now in a shoulder length bob and a deep brown. She couldnt resist dying it either this summer; she had also grown about 2inches over the summer. And though Kailey looked slimmer, Andromeda fervently wished that she herself could have put on some weight. With each change she seemed to get thinner and thinner.
Her heart nearly stopped when she got a better look at the boy. It was Brian.

She abruptly swerved her broom before either saw her and began to fly slowlyl back to the castle. Andromeda was not ready to deal with him and his lack of communication or lack of willingness to keep their friendship alive. She would not spend this year aching for him like a lost puppy the way she had last year. Boys had shown interest in her all summer, perhaps it was time to shed anything she had once felt for him. Obviously even his statement of her being like a sister had meant nothing to him, nothing at all.

"That would still kind of suck though..." Kailey replied "You can come if you want, though I warn you...My family can be a bit crazy at times." she added before yelling "You're on!" she hopped on her broom and zipped behind him before kicking up the speed and soaring ahead of him. "This broom is so worth the money!" Kailey yelled behind her giving him a little wave she looked back infront of her and swerved around a goal post before speeding back up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back