Fixing a broken heart?

Toni was not sure what to say about all this. Though when Sam had said that he didnt' want to break up, it made her feel a bit better about this whole thing. A small smile appeared on her face for a moment until Jenna's name was brought, the smile disappeared. This is about her She thought

Yet it didn't help that Sam had compared Beau to Jenna. Toni had never looked at it that way nor did she really like to. Not knowing exactly what to say, though she did know she had to speak up. "So" She said hating that word so much now. "I guess it's really up to you then" She said keeping her voice as close to normal as possible. "It's basically down to Jenna's friendship or me" Toni said truthfully. She didn't know which one Sam was going to choose after all he had chosen Jenna when he first came down here in the first place.

Sam looked down at the ground. Jenn and him were just friends. She would get over it eventually. Anyway she didn't like him like that anymore. Sam looked up slowly. He blinked once and leaned in closer to her. His gaze was still on hers. He then closed his eyes and kissed her. He felt happy again. He felt the pain rush away from his body. He hoped Toni would understand what he mean't by the kiss. Once he pulled away. He opened his eyes. "Jenn will find a way to forgive me..." he said slowly.

Toni could tell that Sam seemed to be thinking about this. In a way it was sort of hard for her to realize that Jenna had such a huge part in his life when she hated that girl so much. Though if it was flipped Sam probably felt the same way about Beau. Forgetting that comparison once more she could see that Sam was now looking at her once more. Trying to keep eye contact, she felt him lean in. Closing her eyes, she felt his kiss.

Toni understood what he meant by all this but still, she couldn't help but wonder if it would last with Jenna in the picture. Maybe Toni would find away around that girl later on, but not now. Smiling slightly "You know I think that may be the shortest break up ever" Toni said letting a small laugh escape her mouth. So are we together again? Toni thought guessing that this meant they were.

Sam laughed, "I may just happen to agree with that." For once he wasn't confused anymore, this was how he wanted things. "I have missed you." He knew it was probably stupid as it was only a couple of days, but it felt longer....much longer.

"So...we're officially back together." he hugged her closely, it was stiff. It was the way it used to be. Back to normal. "Right?" he asked hoping she'd say yes.

Toni's smile increased a little bit as Sam agreed that it was the shortest break up ever. One that she wasn't intending on repeating. Her thoughts began to slow down for a moment as if everything was not as confusing as it was before. Still that thought that Sam was about to break up with her because of everyone else seemed to stay, but luckily Toni was able to push that out of mind for now at least.

"Missed me?" Toni asked smiling "It's hasn't been that long" She said thinking that it had seemed like forever, so much had gone on. "And yes I would say that we are back together" Toni said as she hugged him back. This time having the hug seem much more natural than it had seemed before.

Releasing Sam from the hug she just looked at him for a moment. "What a day" Toni said

Sam smiled, "Well, it felt long to me.." he muttered quietly. As she let go of the hug, he laughed. "I know. But I am glad the way it turned out. I'm glad I didn't leave just there." he said happily. "I wasn't going to let 'us' fall apart that easily." he grinned and kissed her quickly again. He took her hand and held it softly. He was glad to be back, not caring what other people thought.

Toni was glad that Sam said it felt like a long time for him too. Though she listened as Sam said he was glad that it turned out this way. Actually Toni would have rather had this whole break up conversation never happened. Though she wasn't going to dampen the mood right now. "Well you convinced me" Toni said smiling as Sam said he wasn't going to let them fall apart that easily. "Actually I was pretty sure we went down in flames" Toni admitted though she was glad that it turned around.

Holding Sam's hand, she gave it a small squeeze. "Though we don't have to tell anyone about this little breakup and un-breakup" Toni said laughing a bit as she said un-breakup. It just sounded odd, possibly not even a word.

Sam looked embarrassed, "For a while so did I" he admitted. Sam smiled, "Although Knight already knows." he said. "But I don't really care what people think anymore, I'm just glad we're back together. " He had noticed the pain leave him. He hoped this wouldn't ruin the moment but he thought it was necessary to say. "We will have to ry build up our trust once more though.." he said, his tone was soft. He knew they would make it through this.

Toni could tell that Sam was slightly embarrassed by her words for that moment. "I'm glad it didn't though" Toni said a smile appearing on her face. Though when Sam said Knight knew, Toni let out a small laugh. "You asked Knight for advice didn't you?" She asked thinking that it was actually cute that Sam had to ask for advice. Though after that thought she wondered if it was really the best thing to do. That might have been what triggered the fight between Beau and Knight. Trying not to think about that she listened to Sam.

As he brought up the trust thing, she nodded. "I know" Toni said hoping, no knowing that she would be able to do that. "Don't worry I know we will be able to" She added trying to be positive.

Sam sighed, "How'd you know that? Honestly am I that easy to read? You girls are like mind-readers. So fustrating." he laughed, "I feel powerless." Sam grinned. Sam listened as Toni said that they would try, Sam was also glad that the moment wasn't gone. He nodded happily, "I know, lets give this another shot!" he rubbed his hands together. "Its friggen freezing down here! How do you all stand it?" he asked, chuckling slightly.

Toni smiled slightly "Sam you are basically an open book" She said letting out a small laugh as she said this. It was true, he was rather easy to read, but not always he did have his moments. Though she was glad that this was all behind him for now. Though she really couldn't help but wonder what Knight had said when Sam asked for advice. Did he tell Sam to break up with Toni or stay with her? Well Toni wouldn't ask so she probably would never know.

As Sam mentioned how cold it was, Toni could only nod. "I know it is cold." She said thinking about how sometimes she felt like she could see her breath as she spoke. "But the dorms aren't too bad and the common room has a fire" She explained thinking about how it was still rather cold but she wasn't one to complain too much. "But the dungeons themselves are just plain cold" She said laughing a bit. "You don't have to stay down here" She said feeling bad that he was so cold, actually she was rather cold herself. "I mean up a few levels is probably so much warmer" She added with a smile on her face.

Sam nodded and began to rub his hands over his arms in attempt to keep warm. It was much warmer on the fourth floor. "Nah. Its alright." he said, once he was with her it didn't matter if he was in the Artic. "Unless you want to hang around the castle...that is?" He did have a few assignments to though but he could put that off very quickly.

Today was strange, he was uncomfortable this morning from a sleepless night. He had that pain and there was always a worry bothering him. Since Toni kissed Beau he had been edgy and thought about things too much. But now it was over he felt comfortable once more, the pain was gone and there wasn't a voice echoing his problems in the back of his head. He felt he was back to 'normal', he was laid-back once more and he was ready for some fun.

Toni could tell that Sam was cold as well. You would think that the school would provide heat or something in the dungeons but reallly the fact was not many people hung out down in the dungeons. "No I'm fine" Toni said when he asked if she wanted to hang out around the castle. With a small yawn, Toni realized how tired she really was. Though she wondered if she would be able to really sleep, at least she wasn't up all night with thoughts.

"Actually" Toni said "I may go back into the dorm for a minute and grab a hoodie" Toni said "Then maybe we could do something" Toni said wondering if he even really wanted to. Maybe he wanted to sleep as bad as she did. "If you want to of coarse" She added.

Sam shook his head. "Hey if your tired we don't have to do anything. We can hang out tommorow if you want?" Sam said kindly. "You look very tired. I don't want to be depriving you of more sleep." Sam winked. She looked tired but still beautiful to him. Sam gave her hand another squeeze. He was glad he did this. He really wouldn't be happy any other way. Her hand was cold, cold as ice. He placed his free hand on top of hers. "Go on, go rest." he smiled to her.

Toni smiled though she felt like she was ruining the day for them. "That's nice of you Sam" Toni said as she rub her eyes slightly. "Promise that we can hang out tomorrow" Toni said hoping that he wasn't disappointed that she didn't really want to do something right now. After all the drama lately and the lack of sleep, Toni really just wanted to sleep.

"You are the best" Toni said smiling brightly feeling as if it seemed almost impossible that moments before Sam had been breaking up with her. Things seemed to change so fast. "See you around then" Toni said

Sam smiled embarrassed. "I promise we'll hang out." he said and he removed one hand from hers and stroked her cheek. "See you around." This time he said it he mean't it. They would be seeing each other around. Sam leaned in and kissed her once more.

Once he pulled away, he smiled to her. "Bye.." he whispered and reluctantly let go of her hand. He walked towards the door leading back into the castle. He turned once more and smiled then left to return to the common room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back