First time in a while

Tara Sitara

OOC First Name
Mia
it was a tuesday and the day was just coming into a close. the sky was just starting to lint at being pink, and it looked like it would be a beautiful sunset. in he common room tara just put down her quill after finishing a long essay for a history of magic, and she wanted a break. she looked out of the window and saw the sky and knew that she would have to draw it. she quickly went up to her dorm and picked up her sketch pad and inks and a couple of brushes. the then made her way out of the house and along the corridors. she knew that she wanted a birds eye view and the best place she could think of for that was the north tower. she hadn't been to that specific tower since the first day of the year, way back in september. It held painful memories for her. however today she decided to break the taboo, and head up. she quickly headed up the steps as no to miss the perfect moment, as she had an add ability to almost freeze herself in time. as soon as she started drawing, the image of the time she saw froze so she could spend hours at her paper long into the night and still see it as sunset. she set up her equipment at one of the large windows and started drawing, thankfully it was the perfect moment. quickly she made a few light pencil marks on the paper to show where things were and then she started on the sky adding the inks, warm oranges, yellows, pinks. slowly the colour started to take shape. when she drew her mind was most free to wander, but tonight is actually stayed with the painting, apart from one thought, "I wonder if any one else will be coming up here tonight, It would be nice to have a chat with someone.

Again, the day was really really boring. Honestly, are there any more upcoming Quidditch games? Could they just advance to their exams? How about practicing how to duel just near the forbidden forest? Those things were exciting for Artemis. But then, nothing was there to be very appealing for her. The common room was quiet and all Artemis would hear was just the crackling of the emerald green flames in the fire place. She was also tired of going to the Quidditch Pitch almost every time. If she could just sneak in the Forbidden Forest and discover its mysteries. Or better yet, dive in deep in the lake and see the giant squid. Her common room is just below the lake anyways. She sees unusual creatures swishing outside the window. She hasn't seen the squid in action though. But a few Slytherins claim they have.

Getting off the couch in the common room, Artemis headed outside to walk around. She needed something to amuse herself. Or just recover from her boredom. Could she just cast spells on the walls while lounging in the Great Hall? Nope, never gonna happen. Worst case, she might get detention, which will never happen [hopefully]. Instead of turning towards the Great Hall, she continued walking forward. There was only one thing left that could excite her life; Go to the North Tower. All she could do there was to feel the wind blow on her face, admire the stunning view from above and watch some owls fly by. That can happen right? Artemis held her robes tightly. Her Slytherin badge was just there, shining brightly for everyone to see.

The staircase was tiring to reach the top most part of the tower. It was extremely long, not to mention about more than thirty steps. The walls were warm since it was already afternoon. The sky had a shade of pink and a little of orange. Artemis loved those types of colors for the sky. It made it even more beautiful. It will be a lovely sunset for today, she knew. Just because of the terrific scenery before her eyes. She peeped on a window to check the sky. Indeed, it was a pretty sight. Finally reaching the last step, she headed towards one of the windows to admire everything that her eyes capture. The tower was silent enough for her to hear herself hum. Artemis hummed softly while making her way to a vacant window wherein everything could be seen from above. But then, the the perfect spot to sight see was already taken by no other but a girl. She had a paper before her eyes and Artemis thought that it would be best to creep up to her. Artemis calmly made her way without any single sound, controlled breathing and clear eyes. She saw that the girl was drawing the view that was to be found. As if on cue, she stopped. She wanted to compliment the girl without surprising her. She took a step forward, this time her footstep could be heard and spoke aloud, clear and confident.
"Lovely drawing you're doing." Artemis complimented. "You're an artist eh?" She never met any person who has a hobby of painting or drawing. So this could probably be the best time.

tara heard footsteps behind her. she just finished the section she was working on before turning around when she heard the girl talk. the girl was wearing slytherin robes, and seemed to be a couple of years younger than her. "thank you. I knew tonight was going to be pretty thats why i came up here." she said realising that the light was fading, thankfully she had been able to remember the colour so that the would be able to finnish it later. "I wouldn't say i was an artist by any length, but i do enjoy drawing and painting. Nice to meet you, I'm Tara" she said introducing herself, the slytherin girl was quite nice, and she wondered who she was, she guessed that she was a first year. but she didn't guess any more than that, deciding to let the girl introduce herself, she enjoyed meeting people and making new friends, and this girl seemed nice.

Indeed the night was pretty and beautiful. The sky was wearing its unique colors that day that amazed Artemis herself. Usually, she didn't really pay attention above. For her, it was nothing really special. But today was a special case. Really, it was. At least at this very moment, she had someone to talk to. Even though this person was older than her. She didn't really have a thing for people older than her. Except if they are fifth years and above. Those people are way to old for Artemis to meet. But prefects were an exception. The young witch would love to meet one of the Slytherin prefects to team up with just in case of emergency. Well, no one will ever know if you need a prefect on your side in times of danger. The girl spoke and Artemis did to agree was just to simply nod.

The girl was probably a puff, since she was so friendly. Also, Artemis wouldn't think that no other member of another house would love drawing except for Hufflepuff. The Snakes would have thought that painting and drawing was utterly boring [which is also Arty's opinion]. But she couldn't deny that the girl's creation is brilliant. It was perfect, honestly. Artemis couldn't do anything just like what she did. If ever someone would tell her to copy exactly the scenery of the sky, it would take her centuries for her to complete it.
"It's a pleasure, Tara. I'm Artemis Jackson." Artemis half-smiled, half smirked. "Are you a Hufflepuff by the way?" She asked nicely. She could have bet with herself [if possible, but unfortunately not] that she was correct. Artemis was too busy admiring her drawing than to look at her robes where the crest of her house could be found. She didn't admire it by drooling over it. Instead, her mouth was closed and she was observing it, very closely. Pretty, she thought.

Tara smiled as she saw the girl look up at the sky, she took it as a small personal victory. she had come to terms that her art was her way of making others see what she saw in the world. the colours of the sky at dawn or dusk, the perfection of each flower, and the splendour of the mountains.
she could tell that she girl was trying to suss her out. she decided to make it easy for her when she asked. "Yes, thats right, i am a third year puff. What house are you in?" she asked wondering where she was from, she didn't seem quite like a lion, she seemed too talkative for a raven and too nice for a snake, and she didn't recognise her from her own house, and the puffs were a pretty social bunch. she saw that the girl was busy admiring the the picture. "here i have an idea" she said pulling out her wand. the picture wasn't done, but the girl seemed to like it. reaching into her bag she reached into her bag and took another pice of paper out of a spare sketch pad and held it next to the original. she Flicked her wand as she said an incantation she had found in a book in the library. it was a useful spell for her, she could easily make multiple copies of pictures. she rolled it up and gave it to the girl. "there you go, you seem to like it, so you can keep a copy" she said laughing slightly.

The smiling features of the other girl wasn't noticed by Artemis. The sky was receiving all her attention since she went up the North Tower. The tower was very tall to see the full view of the sky. It was brilliant in fact, even Artemis would want to get a broom and fly to the clouds. Really, what an amazing scenery. Artemis imagined herself with the wind on her face blowing mercilessly upon her. It would be wonderful if ever she could do that amazing thing. Artemis thought of all of this in just a second without her features changing. Her pale features still contained a bored expression but with bored eyes.

Knew it, Artemis thought. Tara was a Hufflepuff alright. She was way too friendly to converse with a Slytherin just like her. But still, the other witch asked which house Artemis's belonged in, so obviously, she didn't know.
"Believe it or not, I'm from the Slytherin house." Artemis drawled, with a lazy smirk on her face. She waited for the feedback of Tara whether she'll believe it or not. It was funny saying you're a Slytherin to someone who thinks you aren't. Really hilarious. Who would have thought that she was a Slytherin? Except if you notice her smirk almost everyday, but not most of the time. Artemis wasn't the one who held their head high in the air and proclaimed that 'Hey! I'm a Slytherin'. Oh hell no. Usually, she had a bored and calm expression on her face framed with blonde hair. A pencil or her own wand twirling between her fingers was present whenever she had nothing to do.

With one eyebrow raised, Artemis stepped forward to watch what the Puff was doing. With a flick of her wand, she copied her unfinished picture and transferred it to the other piece of clean paper. The image appeared like it was slowly fading into the paper. Artemis remained silent with her mouth closed -because some people seem to open her eyes whenever they were amazed- and watched her intently. The paper was given to her after Tara was done making a new copy.
"Nice spell you've got there." She chuckled softly. "And of course, thank you for the amazing drawing." Artemis got the paper and held in in her left hand. "Since when did you learn how to draw anyways?" Artemis asked, heading towards the window where they could see the view of magnificent grounds.

Tara realised that Artemis was in her house robes when she said what house she was in. "slytherin. thats cool. Not that i would particularly like being n that house I have some pretty close friends in there.' she said. hufflepuff was certainly the house for her. being muggle born, indian and overtly nice she could see herself getting picked on in that house. when the girl realised what she was doing. she smiled at the look in her face. "yes, the problem is it always seems to be a mirror image, i guess you could d it twice if you wanted to copy writing, but for a picture i doesn't really matter." she said laughing
once it was complete she heard the girls question. "thanks, i found it in an old book in hte library over the holidays. I cant remember which book it was though, or i would go back and see if i am doing anything wrong as i don't think it is meant to flip" she said giggling a much lengthier explanation than necessary. I have always enjoyed drawing ever since i was very little. I guess it is mainly just practice."[/b] she said. Drawing was defiantly one of the things she enjoyed most. coming somewhere below spending time with her family and friends, but far above studying. "so what do you enjoy doing?" she asked wondering about the girl.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000"> This girl was her first Hufflepuff friend ever. Promise. Hufflepuffs usually bore Artemis. Their conversation skills were high, which were true [even Artemis could not deny that]. But still, she didn't like people who were way to interested in other people's backgrounds and who are very excited in meeting a new friend. Some Hufflepuffs were very hyper about it which was strange for the young Slytherin. Really, extremely, utterly strange. At least this conversation was flowing, yes. But it was calm and collected. Other people who Artemis have met seemed to be so interested in her background. Well, of course it was normal since it was called 'Introductions' but still. Some people would say their names, year and house. Then jump to a really random question like "so, how's your family?". Yeah, something like that is such a waste for Artemis. It wasn't that she was sensitive, it's just that some people should take it easily. At least this conversation was going easily. Everything in the correct sequence.

Shame that Artemis doesn't know how to sketch. She only does little doodles which were usually drawn by toddlers with a creative imagination. There was one time she doodles in Herbology class just on the side of her paper to relieve her from boredom. It was a small plant on the side of her parchment just to add a little design. Her lips couldn't help but to form a really tiny smile. Those times were indeed boring. "Wow. Awesome that you don't judge us easily." Artemis praised. Thank God Tara didn't have the usual thought about them being the most cruel house in Hogwarts. Well, at least that's what Artemis hopes. Seeing the newly processed copy in her hand, she just laughed along without replying. Her chuckles echoed along the tower. She wondered if ever there was a person there also listening to their conversation. Instead of peeping just behind Tara's back, she ignored the feeling. Artemis grinned at her small joke. It was a cool charm, but Artemis thought that she wouldn't use it that often if ever she found it in one of the books.
"You'll grow better, I bet. Through the years." Artemis positively said.

"I read when I'm bored." Artemis lazily shrugged. "My favorite hobby is flying on a broom though. I fancy Quidditch, a lot!" Artemis shared, almost laughing because of her childish action. "Scared of heights?" She asked, teasingly.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry it has taken a while

Tara saw that the girl seemed pretty relaxed. when the girl said that it was awesome that she didn't judge her easily she smiled "seriously what is there to judge, it is just a name, a place. it is up to you if you play the stereotype or not, i will let you decide. anyway i know what it like being judged for something you cant help" she said referring to her indian heritage. things had changed so mush the previous summer because of that, firstly her boyfriend at the times uncle had found them together and then dragged him off and called her, from what she could make out, scum because of it. and then once she had gotten home she had been basically forced into engaging one of the boys from back in her village. she had just about got herself back on track but she still missed what could have been. "i think that is good for its job as it stands, if i find the book i will see what i am doing wrong but it works and that it all that matters really" she said. she personally didn't mind the slight flaw in her spell, if what she was copying had writing on there were ays to get around it but otherwise it didn't matter to her.
:have you read anything good recently" she asked, tara didn't read much but she had recently started reading a selection of indian myths that she had received from her family for her birthday. they were the stories that she had grown up with like snow white and sleeping beauty would have been for most of the muggleborn children here. however if there was something good coming she was sure that she would enjoy reading it. "broom flying looks pretty fun, but i never got the hang of it. but i watched the quidditch match and that was pretty good" she said sopping before she said that she was glad that gryffindor won as she remembered the girl was from the slytherin. "where i come from being scaired of heights isn't really an option as it is pretty mountainous but i like to keep my feet on the floor, probably one of the reasons that i don't like flying" she said smiling.

Pink lips curled upward to form a small smile from the simple statement of the girl. Hufflepuffs these days are just so friendly. Ever since, actually, they have been kind to others but you could point out the Slytherins. Slytherins were known for their purity, ambitiousness, cleverness and whatsoever you could name about them. Combining all these qualities could possibly make evil, correct? But not all the time though. Artemis could just imagine other people wrinkling their nose when they hear the word, Slytherin. "Of course. What is there to judge, eh?" Artemis replied at the same time, winking at Tara. "Nothing." Artemis murmured to reply to her own question a few seconds later. Probably around three or four. Some Gryffindors still have their own thoughts for Salazar Slytherin creating the most dark house in Hogwarts. Some Snakes consider this as a terrible insult. Imagine people insulting your house because of its past history. Come on, live on with life.

The paper that Artemis had been holding seemed it was going to fall already because of her recklessness. She placed in her inner pocket gently and silently for no one to hear and see but except for Tara. The Hufflepuff spoke and told Artemis something and all Artemis managed to do was smile and chuckle a bit. Yep, it doesn't really matter. This girl was a different badger from her house mates. Really different. Despite the fact that she loved drawing, she wasn't really as boring as anyone.

Recently, Artemis haven't read anything for her entertainment. Nowadays, the books she would read were about Herbology, Defense Against the Dark Arts and whatever subject needed advance studying. The only book she found interesting was the textbook for DADA. Spells, curses and more information about the Dark Arts were written in there. Artemis could not help but read more about it. It wasn't that she was interested in becoming a Death Eater. Hell no. "None to be honest. Well, if you would include books about Defense Against the Dark Arts and Herbology then maybe that's pretty much it." Artemis joked. Because of the heavy loads of homework they give to them almost every meeting, Artemis just spends her time either working in the Common Room or roaming around silently. That was the latest update about her life. Artemis face frowned a bit when she heard about the latest match between GryffinPuff and SlytherClaw with the results of GryffinPuff winning. Artemis tried to laugh it off and she successfully did it with looking that she did not really care about it. "Oh. Where did you come from anyways?" Artemis wondered and tried racking her brain for places that were filled with mountains and mountain ranges.

OOCOut of Character:
Same here. I was just so busy with school and projects. :( :doh:

Tara couldn't help laugh when Artemus said that was no reason to judge. "Thanks." she said her eyes still sparkling with laughter. she was glad that people weren't aways judging her because she was Indian and 13 almost 14 and engaged. most of her friends sort of got it. she still felt bad about it and what she had bout certain people through, but she knew that it was the best only thing she could have done. as not doing it would have insulted her family as well as the Patils, and they were such an important and influential family in her home town. "yep there is a lot of work in at the moment. I am only reading myths which are on the whole quite short." she said. she kept the book in her bed side table and read one most nights before she went to sleep. on day her dorm make Kate had picked up the book to have a read and realised that it was all written in Sanskrit. she had tried to translate it but many of the words were hard to translate directly and it didn't make much sense. "I come from Joshimath, a small town in the north of india. How abut you? are you from nearby?" she asked wondering if she came from somewhere else like many of the students. or if she was a home grown New zealander. by now most of the light had gone and all of the candles were lit. this made it hard to see out of the window, but she didn't mind, she had most of her picture down and when she shut her eyes she could still see the colours of the sunset. also it was much more fun talking to someone who she hadn't met before.

Soft laughter erupted around the tower. Artemis waited for Tara to stop laughing but Artemis also had an amused smile on her pale skin. She wasn't laughing, god no. But instead, she was smiling. It's been a while since she has laughed. Probably for weeks already. What's there to laugh for? The wind whistling? The birds chirping? The annoying noise coming from the Great Hall? Nothing was there to be laughed about. Nothing nowadays came up and entertained Artemis spirits a bit. Nothing. Artemis tried laughing at an old picture there in the library but failed. It seemed pathetic laughing just because you want to. The picture was nothing special but Artemis was bored. Who could blame her? No one, not unless you find people chuckling very softly abnormal and strange.

Artemis mumbled a little,
"Yeah, sure." casually. Judging hurt a lot of people's feelings nowadays. The love fest of purebloods faded a little ever since the war has ended. Artemis still couldn't believed that the Dark Lord himself was a halfblood just like her. That was pretty ironic, honestly. Who knew the number one killer and murderer was a mad halfblood? Artemis thought that Voldemort had the purest of purebloods in the nation. Seems like she was wrong, obviously. "What kind of myths?" Artemis asked, a spark of excitement starting to blaze in her eyes. She loved myths especially the greek mythology ones like Hercules if ever he was a myth or not. She wasn't sure. A myth, legend or reality? It didn't matter, honestly.

The Slytherin remembered her hometown that was found in the other side of the world. In United Kingdom. England was the country while Birmingham was the city. Birmingham had magnificent lights and a place where wizards and witches lived secretly and Artemis' family was part of that community.
"Not really nearby. I come from England. Well it was near Hogwarts Scotland but since Hogwarts was rebuilt here, we needed to transfer." Artemis shared openly without a single worry and embarrassment in her voice. Why would she be embarrassed anyways?

Tara realised that Artemis was quite a restrained person and tried not to seem too lighthearted but she couldn't help it, it was the way she was, and today of all days was a good days she she had gone to the north tower for the first time all year, and as so broken the taboo that she had mentally put on it. when artemis asked what king of myths she was reading she smiled, myths were something the slytherin girl seemed interested in. "Indian myths. a couple of days ago i read one about Sakuntala and Dashyanta. basigally Sakuntala was brought up in the forest by a sage, and one day she was found by the king Dashyanta saw her and fell in love with her. they married. when she returned home to show the sage he was offended and put a curse on her so that her husband wouldn't recognise her when he saw her unless he saw the ring." she paused hopeing that she wasn't talking too much but she wanted to finnish the story. "anyway as she was going to find her husband she dropped the ring in a pool. when she reached him he didn't recognise her denied the marriage, and turned her out. just as she was about to give birth to their child. back at the pool a fisherman found the ring and as it was such a fancy ring, far to fancy for a fisherman he was caught and taken to the king for thought that he has stolen it. when the king saw it he remembered who the girl was and went after her. he was taken by a god to the grove where Sakuntala was and they were reunited, and he helped brig up their son, and as you say they all lived happily ever after. I would lend you the book but i am afraid it is in hindi" she said hopeing that she hadn't bored the girl. as she had been telling the story she didn't realise it but she had been playing with her own ring on her left hand. she hated having to wear that ring, but she did so that she could remember where she belonged in the world. and despite her western location she had a very indian place to be.
when Artemis said she was from england she nodded, it was the only place she had been to other than india and here. "I have been to england once briefly. I vent to see my friends who had just moved to london. it is quite nice there it is quite ret though it hardly stopped raining when i was there" she said.

OOCOut of Character:
I found the myth here, i am no expert on indian myth so if anyone knows better please send me a PM

Most of the myths that Artemis would likely read were the Greek ones. Roman mythology was interesting but Artemis preferred the history of the Greek myths. They hand endless stories to read about and most of all, it was something worth your time to entertain using a book. Who cares if they were fiction? It made no difference anyways, actually. Instead, the fiction applied into it made it more entertaining and very impossible to believe in. Who knew that the Greeks believed in these kinds of gods a hundreds of years ago? Also, they needed to sacrifice stuff or even their own lives just for their wishes and requests to be granted by the gods. It was a silly thought nowadays since it wasn't true. Absolutely a foolish idea. When the other girl spoke, Artemis actually never knew that were so-called Indian Myths. She actually never knew that they even existed!

Listening wasn't really Artemis' best talent. But then, she still managed to understand everything despite the continuous flow of the story. It was quite long but still interesting. It was a myth anyways so might as well listen intently. The nodding of the Slytherin's head told Tara that she was listening. Not just listening but taking in all the words by heart if ever she could. The names were quite odd since she hasn't heard them in her short existence. One was named Sakuntala which was actually strange then the other one was named Dashyanta. Dashyanta was said to be the king and Artemis was sure it would take time for her to practice pronouncing it. While the older witch was telling the story, Artemis noticed the ring she was playing with unconsciously. When Tara was done, Artemis couldn't help but smile. Indian Myths were quite a mystery to her right now. But soon, almost all the myths will be familiar to her because of the loads of research she could do in reading books. Books found in their home, from friends or books located at the library which could probably be limited. But limit was very rare for Artemis when she came to the library since all the books she needed were there with more additional information found in other books. Once the Hufflepuff was done with her story, Artemis motioned her head to the ring.
"Cool ring. A friendship one, perhaps?" Artemis asked not honestly not knowing if it was for friendship or for marriage. Rings were total rubbish for the Slytherin since she actually doesn't wear them. It made her fingers itch, for some reason.

Memories in Birmingham came back to her in all of a sudden. They were old and vague yet they were just too memorable for the blonde. Artemis quirked an eyebrow up when she heard the Hufflepuff's statement.
"When did that happen?" There were some years that it was rainy there in England.

tara was glad that Artemis seemed to be enjoying the myth, she wasn't quite sure why she had picked that one to tell, it was an interesting one, but not a major one. however once she had finished she Saw Artemus' eyes had drifted to her left hand. she felt her heart sink. today had been going so well, and now like normal was a reminder of where she should be. "I am afraid it is not a friendship ring. It is an Engagement ring." she said not wanting to go into any more detail about it. she didn't have anything about Praneil, the boy he was Engaged to, the only thing was that he wasn't the person who she wanted to marry and spend the rest of her life with. but she couldn't help it, as she knew she would be letting his family down if she didn't, and after all of their help over the years she would be embarrassing hers.
when Artemus asked when she had been in england she thought back. Humm, it was the summer after my first year, and i am in my third year now, so it must have been a couple of years ago now." she said trying to pinpoint the dates, but she couldn't think about them accurately.
OOCOut of Character:
sorry it sucks.

With just looking at Tara's reaction made Artemis realized that what she had done was probably a mistake. Artemis felt the girl's expression drop when she mentioned about the ring instead of the myth she just shared and explained after several minutes. Something wasn't just right about the topic they were currently discussing about. It seemed a sensitive area to discuss. Too bad for Artemis, she blurted it out. Both seemed uncomfortable with the topic. Who would actually won't feel the same whenever a person has crossed the boundary? The awkwardness in the air was present and Artemis could sure feel it. It was on her skin already, sending her a weird sensation that meant something she just could not identify easily. Also, Artemis has never felt this feeling for about a month. Usually, back at home she was the one referred who was reckless when it came to conversations and very cool and collected as if no care in the world. But it seems like that right now, it wasn't the same anymore. Even though it was a ring, Artemis immediately knew that it meant something very special or important for the muggle born witch. Indeed, she has already crossed the line. Artemis took her wand out just in case the witch would be furious at her short yet simple statement. Very cautiously, she brought out her wand and held it aside. She held her breath if ever Tara would snap back. After a few seconds of waiting, she finally heard Tara speak calmly yet sadly. Her guess was actually wrong a while ago. It wasn't a friendship ring with some random person but it was an engagement ring. Artemis never expected that she would say that. She stared at the ring very quietly, knowing that Tara wouldn't want to go deep into the detail so Artemis just tugged a really simple smile on her lips. The smile was quite small and wasn't really obvious but still. She did it to lift the witch's spirits. "It's gorgeous anyways. Wonderful." Complimented Artemis, for a change of topic.

Birmingham is terribly missed by Artemis since she hasn't visited there already for quite a while because of school. Her old friends still remained there and the fresh breeze she was used to fill her lungs with was also there. The old noise that it contained during the afternoons wherein people had to run their least minute errands for the day. Gosh, it really is a while. Probably her sister had visited Birmingham during the exams that were held last semester, but Artemis could not be entirely sure about it. Her mother was the only one who gave Artemis' sister whatever she wanted and grant whatever she wished for. Not the same goes with her father.
"I guess it's normal. It rains unpredictably there." Replied the blonde, trying to remember if they ever had any storms there. Fortunately, none actually came to her mind which was quite cool. In the other hand, Artemis wondered if there were any storms where Tara used to live. Tara said that she lived there in North India and Artemis had no clue what India looked like. She knew what continent it belonged, but she did not know what could be found there, the personality of the people, the cleanliness of its surroundings and the other things that could be found there. "Do you experience any storms there in India?" Asked Artemis, curious about what Tara would give as a reply.

Tara looked down. she felt the atmosphere tension, a while passed with that hanging between them. her thoughts wondered, back to last summer in india, and the pressure she had been put under to agree to the marriage, and then back to the year before when she had spent almost every spare moment with her boyfriend. she thought about what the engagement had caused her to loose. she tried to not think bout it and focus on what she had to gain for her family. After while she couldn't help but feel respect for the slytherin girl as she spoke up trying to break the silence. "I guess it isn't too bad. it certainly isn't too garish like i know some of them can be." she said. it was a simple ring and if it didn't represent what she knew it represented then she would have thought that it was pretty.
when she said about the weather in england. she smiled "It was nice and the rain was refreshing. the buildings were amazing. I spent ages just wandering around the city looking at the buildings and places that she had only heard about from the tourists who visited her home town. It was funny how the ones that had come from the beautiful city were the ones that were blaze about it. she had enjoyed it but it hadn't been home for her. "there are some storms but we usually get it pretty good where we are. and i am usually at school when the worst of the storms hit" she said thankful for the change of the topic.

The awkwardness, tension and the uncomfortable state was felt by Artemis. What she had said might have probably caused a big impact on Tara. Not just big by the way, a huge one indeed. Something wasn't just right about their engagement. With the look and expression that the Hufflepuff had set on her Indian features, Artemis was sure that she was uncomfortable. There could be only one reason why Tara looked uncomfortable about the ring she was wearing and the engagement itself. Maybe it wasn't her decision for the wedding to push through. Was she forced? Did she go through a lot of problems resulting to an engagement with a boy she didn't love? It is possible, Artemis cleverly thought. Being engaged at an early age was one of the things Artemis extremely disliked when it came to her family. Good thing that the Jacksons did not follow that kind of ritual or whatever you could call it. Not really a ritual, something like, "planned event for the future". In the Slytherin's family, you are to choose whoever you would want to marry, in a special case. You should make sure you love the person for you to stay together for almost eternity. Sometimes, Artemis wondered if ever her father and mother would someday be divorced and despise each other. So far, she hasn't heard any fights and shouts that were for one another. Artemis once looked at the ring with an uneasy feeling and her wand held in her grasp firmly. "I guess that's why it is beautiful." Artemis replied in a simple tone, still eyeing the ring with a blank look on her face, thinking if ever Tara's future would be unhappy or not. Hopefully, the marriage would succeed, but Artemis could not be so sure. With a sad look on her new friend's features, Artemis doubted it. Totally doubted it.

With Tara speaking, Artemis missed Birmingham even much more than she ever had in her whole short lifetime. All the words that Tara spoke was true. That is, in the muggle world. Also in the wizarding world, there were these kinds of stuff that could be seen. But there were more in the muggle world. Business men and working people were mostly the ones keeping the city alive and bright. Artemis once remembered the time when her family went there for her mother to buy something in a muggle store called a "drugstore". Artemis had no idea what it was back then until her father quietly explained it to her. Mrs. Jackson went there to see what was the price of some kind of medicine she needed to buy for the hospital. Being a surgeon was totally hard work and a very busy one too. There were errands to run here, and there.
"Indeed they are. What kinds of places did you visit there?" Asked Artemis, once again recalling the most visited attractions in the country. There were a lot to choose from. One was the Stonehenge. It is an attraction wherein there are stones that are huge formed in a shape of a circle. It was unbelievable, really. That was far the best for Artemis when she heard about it and actually went there. Some were just historic but the Stonehenge was unbelievably fantastic. "I see. Storms aren't really a problem for us too. It's just that with the thunder it provides, I'm quite uncomfortable." Artemis said, recalling the previous years wherein she even asks her sister to come with her just for the loo. That was when Artemis was six years old. But now she has grown, and surely won't do it again.

Tara could feel Artemis' eyes on her back she guessed that the girl was judging her and her culture. She was used, often when people saw her she knew that they typecast her as an indian before they got to know her, she could tell that Artemis was fighting these own thoughts and trying to not show them, she was happy about that. today she wasn't in the mood to have to put up with others whispering behind her back. most of the time she didn't mind it, thankfully today wasn't one of those days, she was too caught up in her own thoughts to worry about what others thought about her today. "I think that you are right, I quite often think the small things are the most beautiful, and the things that people don't bother to look at. thats why i like drawing." she said sometimes talking to herself than to Artemis.
She thought back to her fortnight in England, She had stayed in london, she tryed to remember where she had been, trying to come up with a lost of names in her head before she spoke. after a few moments she started to talk. "I went to see big ben, Trafalgar square, Hyde park, the tower of london, and i took a bus tour around the city" she said trying to remember what else she had done. but she wasn't sure on any of the names of the other places. "I don't mind thunder and lightning, but excessive rain can be a problem for us." she said, too much rain had been known to cause land slides.

A fighter was a word that Artemis thought for Tara. She was strong about what is going on right now about her life. Artemis was not exactly a fighter if ever you ask. Quitter wasn't really the word for Artemis but something like a pessimist. Yes, she thought about stuff negatively if ever there was a chance that not a single hope was left in the conflict. Sometimes being a pessimist was helpful to Artemis since you could improve yourself even more whenever you think about the horrible actions or chances that would happen to yourself. Artemis just stood there, quite rigid about the conversation they were having with a blank expression on her pale face that said no more than a small "oh." Swiftly, the witch placed her wand back inside the pocket of her robes without even a slight noise at all. She slightly opened her robes and placed her wand safely in the mid pocket just meeting her hips and closed the little opening again. Beneath her robes were just a pair of jeans and some shirt she got from her trunk. It was color white and very clean without a single dirt on it. Why did I still wear robes? thought the witch. Oh heck, I wasn't able to change after the lesson. "You would really make a good artist if ever you'll be one." Replied Artemis, changing the topic just in case Tara wasn't really used about talking about the ring set on the finger between her pinky and middle finger. Artemis once looked at the paper at her left hand and listened to the Hufflepuff's reply. The reply was absolutely and positively long enough for her to put the drawing inside her robes, this time at the left side of her inner pocket, which was the one also meeting her hips. With just a second, she was holding nothing and decided for her eyes to roam around the unfinished drawing standing almost next to her.

Back in England where Artemis used to live (specifically Birmingham), there are really a lot of tourist spots for people to see. Even though Artemis is a halfblood and resides in the wizarding world of England, she still knows about these places because of her mother's occupation. Gywenth Jackson, who is Artemis' mom, takes them to travel across the whole continent for them too see the outside world and what it feels like to be someone without any magic to help them in times of need and danger. With the Hufflepuff student sharing where she just toured a long time ago, Artemis went to the nearest and lowest window and leaned against it, with the scenery of the grounds beneath her eyes. Everything was in peace and no one with a bad desire to taunt others which would ruin the good view and peaceful atmosphere that it held. Artemis just quietly stared at the view while Tara was telling the spots she just visited. The way Artemis was staring wasn't the rude kind of staring that meant she wasn't paying attention. It was the peaceful kind of staring that invited the other witch to come and join her. The painting was just there also standing with pride just beside Artemis since that is where Tara put it for her to see the view completely. Before replying, the Slytherin faced the Hufflepuff.
"Wow. I've been to the Tower of London for around three to four times already. The Big Ben was also quite a sight for me. But I still prefer the Tower of London." the Slytherin formed a little smile just after she said this and put her hands on the stony surface of the window's most bottom part. Artemis shuffled to her other foot for her to feel comfortable even though she had company just right next to her. Or at least, a few feet away from her. "Yeah. By the way, do you have any siblings? It seems that you don't have any." Replied the witch, who changed the subject for her to know more about her Hufflepuff friend.

OOCOut of Character:
It's been a long time! I am so sorry! :unsure:

Tara saw artemis shuffle around moving things from one place to another. she looked out of the window. she couldn't see anything but if she shut her eyes she could still see the bright pinks gold, oranges and salmon through the glass. absentmindedly she reached to the original picture and added a little shading absentmindedly. a little shadow around the edge of the forest helped bring the trees out. at the sound of Artemis' voice she turned back around. "sorry i got a little distracted. Thank you, it is certainly a consideration. I don't know what else i want to do. how about you? I know it is early but what would you want to do?" she asked not sure if she knew. the only thing she could see certainly happening was finishing school then she would have to go back to the muggle world to be a housewife.
"the tower of london was really nice, but i thought tower Bridge was prettier. I may still have a picture of it in my trunk. or that one may have been sold, i can't remember" she said. at home she was meant to be at a specialist muggle art school. she wasn't sure if her family had decided that they couldn't sell the england pictures as she didn't have a passport and so shouldn't be in london, or if they decided that they could as it could have been copied off a picture.
At the mention of siblings she smiled. "I have one older Brother. but he is still in India, I am the only witch in the family" she said. she knew that was not something that you said to a slytherin, but artemis didn't seem like a slytherin to her, she would probably put her as a ravenclaw, or even in her house.

All the plans for the future was surely not planned yet. Nothing was put into place. Nothing and no one was exactly sure what Artemis wanted to be when she grows up. Apparently, Artemis had no specific idea on what she wanted to become. Artemis frowned while thinking about what she could say which lasted for about ten seconds. The long wait was quite awkward but Artemis did not immediately sense it. She was busy. Moving over her thoughts to look for possibilities that she could apply to her future career. The bad thing was, nothing popped and came to her mind. "No idea. I never thought about it." Artemis replied with the small frown stuck on her small pink lips. Artemis bit her lips to think once more. Obviously, nothing actually struck her mind to add something to her sentence. It was certainly to early in her opinion to actually imagine her life in the future. With or without kids. And with a husband that will be hopefully loyal to her. Artemis shrugged and gave up thinking about it. It will take her over a century to think about it.

Artemis fixed a look of puzzlement for a few seconds. How could Tara ever sell such a valuable picture that Artemis would strive to have just to remember her home country? Selling the picture wasn't obviously going to be an option if Artemis needed cash to do something with it. That is such a silly idea.
"Okay..." Artemis replaced the feelings of puzzlement with a small smile. She did not want to personally offend Tara. All she wanted was to relax. The conversation was calm with absolutely no insults yet. Sometimes, Artemis wanted some action in their topic. More like an interesting one with stuff to think about and analyze. Not throwing insults. Her brain is currently brain dead with absolutely nothing working in it (not literally, of course). "I've always wanted a brother." Artemis stated sadly. She never actually expected to have a sister. She never wanted a sister. Though her mother objects about this and tells her that she is just in denial. Truth is that she is actually telling honesty. "I have a sister. Just a year younger than me." Artemis said lamely. As if she wasn't that fond of her sister.

Looking around, the sun was really going to disappear in a few minutes time. Artemis checked her wristwatch very quickly and gasped immediately when she saw it. She actually needed to go back to her dormitory to take an evening shower for dinner.
"Oh damn. I've got to get going. I need to do something in the Slytherin dormitories." Artemis said. "I guess I'll see you in dinner. Thank you so much for the drawing you made. It's brilliant." Stated Artemis very softly before she made a run down the staircase heading back to her common room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back