First things first ... make yourself home

Delphine Grimbald

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Spruce Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Delphine didn't expect to be sorted somewhere where her parents doesn't want her to be. She could handle their torment though, she has her older brother to look out for her. After the festivities and sorting and had gone up to their common room and dorm, she decided to at least see parts of the castle. Delphine ended up at the Student lounge where a fire is going and it was warm enough that she took a seat in front of the fire.

Time would just tell when her parents would send her a howler but right now, she just needs to gather her wits and enjoy being a Ravenclaw. Delphine consider herself one anyways, it's her parents who makes them like a Slytherin, wants them to look and act like one even though they're all not like that. She stared at the fire as it dances, a sense of tranquility over come Delphine.

Edwin walked into the student lounge happily, tossing his wand up and down in his hand as he looked around the room. He had to admit he hadn't known quite what to expect house-wise, but the people in Ravenclaw seemed decent enough, even if their common room entrance was a bit weird. A riddle, really? he thought to himself, a grin on his face.

As he made his way inside, excited to get acquainted with another room in the castle, he noticed another first year from Ravenclaw inside as well. Hoping to meet someone new, he eagerly strode forward, raising a hand in greeting, "Hello there, its nice to meet you! You're Ravenclaw too, right?" he sat down next to her, happy to have run into another first year.

The eleven year old pouted as she sat there, not really wanting to go back to her dorm. She doesn't know the lot yet and as her parents would tell her every time Delphine, always have caution when talking to others, mudbloods lurk every where Delphine doesn't know if she should do what they say or ignore it but then again, they will know one way or another. As the Ravenclaw sat there, she felt another presences beside her.

Slowly turning her head with a frown on her face. A young boy was sitting there, it was rude, yeah, and she doesn't know him to be so friendly like this. "Hi? And yes, I'm in Ravenclaw too. Why do you care?" Delphine cautiously said to the boy. It was weird he knew what house she was even though she's only wearing a plain robe. Though, she would thought he's a Hufflepuff, too friendly for her taste. "And you must be in Hufflepuff? They're the house that's too nosey, always in other people's business. Like you." She smiled sarcastically.

Delphine stood up from the floor and went to the couch facing the fireplace. A hot chocolate would be nice right now, though, she looked at the boy. I could definitely use him for my own expense Delphine thought.

Edwin gave a start and leaned away, his eyes wide. He honestly had not quite expected her to respond in such a harsh manner. For a moment he almost contemplated leaving the room again, but quickly put the thought out of his mind. He needed to start getting to know people, especially if they were going to be housemates.

"Er, no... I'm not Hufflepuff," he sheepishly scratched the back of his head, trying to think of a polite response, "I'm a Ravenclaw too. I saw you at the table after the big sorting ceremony. What's your name?" he put on his best smile, hoping to try and put the uptight girl at ease.

Delphine leaned toward the boy and narrowed her eyes at him. She wasn't sure if the boy was joking or not but she heard it right, he was sorted to Ravenclaw. "For a second there I thought you belong on that sickly sweet house." Delphine stated. Nothing's wrong on that house but too much of their personality in one big room is enough for her to throw up. Leaning back to the couch, she sigh and shut her eyes. It was a long day indeed but at least the sorting part was already done and all she has to do is pass seven years of schooling here at Hogwarts.

"I'm Delphine Grimbald, by the way. My family owns French restaurants throughout the French wizarding world. We purebloods love elegant food. You should try it when you visit France." She was proud as she said all those things but not quiet when she mentioned that she's pureblood even though she wasn't. "Now that I told you my name, would you be so kind to reveal yours? Are you pureblood too?" Delphine was kind of anxious to know what was the boy's status. If she's lucky to even have friends right this instant.

Edwin couldn't help but feel a bit uncomfortable as Delphine spoke. He had gathered that there was a rivalry between the different houses, but he couldn't help but get the sense that this girl was taking things a tad far. Still, it wouldn't do to be rude, right? "Er, yeah. Not me. I'm a Ravenclaw, just like you." he awkwardly scratched the back of his head again, not sure what else to do.

He thought carefully about her blood status question. He had no idea why, but it seemed like blood was a huge thing in the wizarding world for some reason. In the end, he decided the best thing to do was to be honest, "Um, my name's Edwin Fessenden. I'm a muggleborn." he decided to quickly paper over that and compliment the girl, hoping that would maybe change the subject somewhat, "So you guys have French restaurants, huh? That's really cool! My family and I love French food." he smiled and leaned back, once more putting on a smile.

"Your name is old fashion. Your parents must be fond of the centuries gone." Delphine didn't want to criticize his name but it was indeed an old name and so was hers but the name was pass down to first daughters of the family every generation. Though, if she could just unhear the word muggle that escape Edwin's mouth, the young girl's smile would t have faded. But the boy was diverting the topic to another one and that almost made Delphine forget about his status.

But not quite. "I can't be friends with you." Her tone almost as if fading. Delphine stared at the fire rather than Edwin. The words weight on her as she waited for him to say something. She and her older siblings gets the same treatment whenever they obey their parents regarding their blood status. They were hated by people who doesn't understand them, that they're controlled by their prejudice parents. They were afraid to be disowned but Jean, her older brother, was sick of it and wants to change the course of their life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back