OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Feeling much better than she had in weeks, Kat took advantage of this second wind that she had and decided to get things together for the SDA. Thankfully she had Mike to help her because she honestly didn't know if she could have handled this all on her own. This year there were some new names on the list due to the fact that Hogwarts Scotland had been closed, which meant that HNZ was getting a good bit of the students from that school. Making sure that she had everything in order, Kat headed down to the first floor where the SDA meeting room was.

Pushing open the big wooden door to the room, she couldn't help but smile a little to herself. She had every intention of making this year a great one for the club, but even she knew that sometimes the best of intentions just weren't good enough. Just like last year, Kat had a variety of snacks and pumpkin juice for the members. She arranged them all down the long table and then got to work laying a slip of parchment and a quill at every available seat.

The piece of parchment read as such:

Name:

House:

Year:

What do you want to get out of being a member of the SDA?:

She always liked to have people fill these out because it helped her get to know everyone (if only by name at the least) and it would help her and Mike plan out future meetings. Once everything was set up she took a seat and waited for everyone to arrive, hoping that Mike would be here soon so that they could develop a quick game plan for today's meeting.

Mike ran to the meeting, hoping to get their before the others, so he could help Kat set up. Mike entered the room, glad to see he was. "Hey Kat" Mike said smiling. "Need any help he asked" helping himself to one of the sheets, filling it out.

Name:Mike Goulding

House:Gryffindor

Year:Third Year

What do you want to get out of being a member of the SDA?: Well mainly I want go over the basics again, first, before moving on to practicing different spells. Its probable that we wont learn new spells. but I dont mind

Mike handed it back to Kat, and helped himself to some crisps before all the good flavours were taken.[/color]

Kat beamed when her co-president showed up. "Hey Mike! I think everything is pretty much set up...wasn't much to do to be honest," she said as she took the piece of parchment from him and placed it to be the first one in a stack beside her. "So I was thinking that today we would just basically do a 'getting to know you' kind of thing. We seem to have quite a few new members both from this school and the transfers from Scotland. What do you think?" she asked curiously, wanting to know his honest opinion.

"Ya that sound super" Mike beamed. "Seems no point tryin to start anything fresh today" he answered. "So is it pretty much an icebreaker session, where people can fill the forms out?" He asked her, glad to be of assistance.

((Did that new font for my siggy, work well? ))

Patricia was sitting up in her dorm room. She had been looking forward to this day since the school term started again. SDA Club. As she got ready she wondered what type of thing they would be doing. She had heard a few of the olders one's talking about it and now she was second year, she wanted to give it a go.

She made the familiar journey down to the student club area. She made her way down the corridor and saw the room where the SDA was taking place. Looking into the room she saw two people she recognised, That's a change. she thought to herself, not knowing many older students outside of Hufflepuff. "Hi Kat. Hi Mike." She said as she made her way to an empty seat.

Upon seeing the piece of parchment she picked up a quill and filled it out.

Name: Patricia Rogers

House: Hufflepuff

Year: 2nd

What do you want to get out of being a member of the SDA?: New friends mainly. Maybe some new spells that I haven't learned in class yet, so I could keep ahead of myself.

Patricia lifted it and turned to Kat and Mike, unsure who to hand it too, so she just left it on the table near them.

"Pretty much. Especially since there are quite a few names on this list that I've never heard of before." she said as she looked down at the sign up list in front of her. Kat smiled at him, glad that he seemed to eager to help her out. Just then a girl who she vaguely remembered walked in. Oh sweet Merlin what is her name? she thought annoyed with herself. She looked down over the list of names and then said, "Hi Patricia!" She was pretty sure she had the name right and kept her fingers crossed that she wasn't wrong. When the younger girl laid the filled out form on the table Kat grabbed it up and sat it on top of Mike's. "Help yourself to anything you see in front of you!"

"'Ello Pat" Mike said remembering the last time they had met, she was stuck in the middle of an argument. "Well welcome to the SDA, I hope you enjoy it, I did last year" Mike said smiling, pouring himself some water. "Sorry bout last time, Pat, sorry on both accounts we were rude to argue" he said apologetically.

Patricia smiled up at Kat when she said her name, I knew she wouldn't remember she thought to herself. Patricia give a small nod, "Thanks. I can't wait to start this club. It must be good if you have to wait to second year. The suspence last year was killing me." She said as she grabbed a drink and a handful of sweets.

Patricia looked over to Mike and said sincerly, "Don't worry about. Forgive and forgive." She said with a wink. "Anyway, me and Bella weren't always the close friends we are now." She added with a roll of her eyes, remembering last year.

As Ella entered the Student's Defence Association room, she made note that there were only three students there. Well, four students including herself. The only student she really recognized was Katalina. Either I'm early, or this is a really tightly knit club. Hoping that she was just early, Ella waved at the others and darted to the closest available seat.

Wait, Kat didn't mention anything about a test... Ella thought when she noticed some sort of parchment in front of her. After looking over the parchment, Ella realized that it was not a test, just a few things to fill out. Well, I'd better get started.
Name: Ella Greene

House: Gryffindor

What do you want to get out of being a member of the SDA?: I would like to get to know the students at Hogwarts better, have a good time, and learn something in the process.

When she was finished with the little questionnaire, Ella picked it up off the desk and walked it over to the only other student she knew in the room, Kat.

Lemina headed down to the SDA meeting. She hadn't gone to many meetings last year, which she felt bad for. As she entered the room she saw Mike, Kat and Patricia, along with a girl she vaguely recognised - but didn't know the name of. She would have thought she was a first year, except the club was only open for those in second year and above. "Hey everyone!"

She saw a slip of parchment on her seat, and realised it was a form to fill out. "You got a quill..." Lemi trailed off, noticing one on the seat. Grabbing it, she began to fill in the quick questionairre, of sorts. Once she'd done she put it on top of the pile and smiled at the others, taking a cup of pumpkin juice.
Name: Lemina Troque

Year: 4th

What do you want to get out of being a member of the SDA?: I would love to basically muck around and have a laugh with everyone, at the same time as learning some new spells - outside of what we've done in DADA.

Abbey walked down to the first SDA meeting, she was extremely nervous, she wasn't sure if they would be learning anything to attack people now, and the memories were fresh in her mind. But she needed to know how to defend herself, even though she wasn't allowed to use magic outside of school, though if she felt that she needed to she would.

When Abbey reached the SDA room she walked in sheepishly, and said in a small voice, "Hello." Abbey walked over to Patricia then she sat down after picking up the form and quill. She began answering the questions quickly, she wasn't sure how to answer the last one though, should she be truthful and say that it was so she could stop any more abuse that could come her way in the future. Abbey finally decided that she would lie, it was easier, she would just have to remember her lie this time.
Name: Abigail Lurken

House: Slytherin

What do you want to get out of being a member of the SDA?: I would like to make some friends and possibly get out of my transfer student circle. All the while I learn some new spells, if that is what you do here.

"Hey guys" Mike said as new people entered. Mike went over to Kat, "If ya want after this meeting, Ill look over these" Mike said gesturing to the forms, "And Ill read over them all, writing down what people would like to gain from these activities, then we can plan some upcoming lessons based off there wants. What do you think,because that way most of them will do something they want to do" Mike asked Kat.

Kat smiled brightly at her fellow Gryffindor and said sincerely, "Thanks Mike! I don't know what I'd do without you!" She looked over the list of names that she had in front of her and then at the people who were in here. The numbers didn't match. "I'll give everyone a few more minutes to arrive and then we can start." she said looking at her vice president and then back to the group.

"Ya ok" Mike said. "If you could fill out these forms" Mike said waving one about, "Then could you hand them to me" Mike asked them rhetorically. "The meeting will commence shortly" Mike said, to the group, hoping they all heard.

Kate entered the room that they were using nervously. She knew that she was probably going to be like the youngest and so she felt a little nervous. Seeing Pat sitting down and filling out a form, the quiet second year scurried in and picked one up. Hurrying over to Pat, she sat down next to her and got out a quill.
Name: Kate Johnson

What do you want to get out of being a member of the SDA?: Some new spells and just a lot of practise to get my confidence up. Fun with practisng with my friends and some new techniques. (sp?)
Kate smiled and put it in the finished pile. Looking around for the first time she noticed some familiar faces of Kat, Mike, Abbey, Lemina and Ella. Smiling softly that she knew most people quite well, she turned to what they were going to do.

Andrew had recieved a letter from the SDA club stating that their would be a meeting.Finally something exciting apart from studies he thought as he left his book in the drawer beside his bed and went to dress up as he had been studying in his pyjamas.

After having a shower, he wore a pair of shorts and a t-shirt to go with it and combed his hair trying to make it look straight but it just wouldn't so he let them be.He put his wand in his pocket and walked to the club room.As he entered he saw a few familiar faces.He knew only Mike and Kat."Hey guys"he said with a friendly smile.

As he saw the forms, he took one himself and filled it up with the required info.

Name: Andrew Bruke
Year: 3rd
Some handy jinxes and how to protect them.Actually we may do a jinx research because the DADA classes dosen't provide us with the incantation so they could be quite handy.

Although Annamarie was swamped with work, she refused to miss the first meeting of the SDA. She wasn't active in any clubs her first year and jumped at the chance of joining the SDA when her second rolled around. She hurried down from the Gryffindor common to the room where the meeting was being held and pushed open the door. There was a nice sized group already there. She quickly spotted her fellow Gryffindors Kat and Mike and she recognized a few of the other second years who were scattered about the room. She smiled politely at everyone as she entered, not wanting to inturrpt any of their conversations, and took the nearest empty seat. She noticed that a piece of parchment which appeared to a questionaire had fallen by her feet, so she picked it up and filled it out.

Annamarie's SDA Sheet said:
Name: Annamarie Rousseau
House: Gryffindor
I want to learn how to effectively use my magical skills for good and benefit of others. I would enjoy learning anything about protection and counter attacks.

Annamarie read over her sheet. Wow...I sound really Gryffindor-y... she thought to herself. She couldn't that was what she wanted to get out of her membership. If her powers went used for good or for helping people...what would be the use of having them? She gently place the parchment face down on her lap and leaned back in her seat, observing those around her.

Isabella was excited for her first SDA meeting, she had been looking forward to this all last year. Finally, she was a second year so she could be a part of the club, it made her feel so elite. She got dressed in a bright, patterned dress, going for the more simpler look this year, and rushed down to where she was told the meeting was held, knowing she was probably extremely late. She burst through the doors, uttering apologies and taking a seat nearby. She noticed Mike seemed to be one of the people in charge and she scowled, remembering their first meeting on the lawn with Pat. They had definitely gotten off on the wrong foot, but she waved it off. She grabbed one of the pieces of paper that had been sitting on an empty seat nearby and filled it out quickly.
Name: Isabella Chaos

What do you want to get out of being a member of the SDA?: I want to learn new spells to be able to defend myself and possibly make new friends, simple as that. :)
Isabella handed the paper over, smiling apologetically, to the girl who seemed to be in charge as well, recognizing her vaguely from a store in which she'd bought some school supplies, though the specific store couldn't come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back