First Bump on a Long Road

Alex Sheffield

OOC First Name
Patrick
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Flexible Walnut Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
So far, things have been going great for Alex. He's met dozens of interesting people, had very few bad encounters, and had a lot of fun in classes. Everything was going great so far for him. That day, he didn't really have too many chores to do, so he decided to explore the school a bit on his own. In an attempt to explore as much of the castle as fast as he could, he walked in a much faster pace. Almost running.

And that's when things would start to go downhill. During his excited explorations on the first floor, he accidentally bumped into a 7th year, head on with full speed. This wasn't going to be good..

School had to be Calum's least favourite thing in the world, even if he actually happened to get along with some people there. It was pointless and there was no need to be wasting time on it when there were better things in life like dueling, or... dueling. Dueling was the only thing on the teenager's mind as he walked to the great hall for lunch after class. He was dueling internationally now which meant that he was able to travel the world for it and watch his teammates cry as he uses his skill to beat them. There was just something about it that made him feel like he belonged when he was up on the podium showing off his talents.

Calum kept his head down as he walked at maximum speed to the great hall where he knew he would be able to see Pia again and ask her how her class was. His mind was so intent on getting where he needed to go that when a small boy had suddenly bumped into him, he instantly wanted to scream in frustration. He just wanted to see Pia and this boy was purposely slowing him down. Calum instinctively went straight for his wand in the pocket of his jeans. "Shove off!" he exclaimed gruffly, using his left hand to push him back against the wall as his right hand grabbed his wand and pointed it at the boy's chest. "What's your problem!?" He wanted to interrogate him before some dire consequences and hoped that the boy would explain before Calum became too impatient.

Calums reaction startled him greatly, he froze the moment. As he pushed him back against the wall, he didn't really resist as to not cause any more distress. He was in big trouble, Alex knew it. He skimmed behind Calums back with his eyes, hoping to see a professor, but after a few seconds, he lost hope. He had to defuse this situation on his own.

Clearing out his throat, he spoke up in a shaky manner, but with a still confident voice:

"Aigh' lad, I was just on me way to the uh-.. Library and ran into you, bloke. Just a nasteh inconvenience, reyt?"

Alex spoke in this, somewhat annoying, accent that he usually deters to when he's not thinking through what he's talking, or being relaxed. He wasn't very relaxed at the moment, that was very clear. The wand pointed at his chest wasn't a good sign either. Who knows what sort of spells this 7th year could pull off. Some charm to twist his legs around? One to make his ears big as an elephants?

"Don't be such a mardy bugger."
What might sound normal to where he's from, the phrase would sound a bit offensive there. He didn't think this through.

Calum gave the small boy a dirty look as he began talking stupidly. He didn't have time to put up with people who thought they were cool with the way they talked and shook him forcefully. "Stop talking." he told him authoritatively, already annoyed by the sound coming out of the boy's mouth. Calum's wand was still pointed right at him and he lifted it closer to his throat, wondering what spell he would use on him first. Luckily for him, no one was around which meant he had plenty of time to play around with the kid.

The boy's next comment made Calum chuckle. What was a mardy bugger anyway? Calum didn't care about whatever the boy was trying to call him and found it amusing that he was trying to stick up for himself. It wasn't going to work. "Silencio." Calum said, silencing him so he wasn't able to speak again. "That should do it." The seventh year smirked down at the boy and stepped back slightly, but not enough for him to escape. If anything, Calum was just having a little bit of fun with it now.

Alex struggled by now, and fought to get out of his grip. He wanted to laugh at Calum for not knowing what he was talking about, but now was not the time. And then he cast the spell on him. Alex wanted to do a snappy comeback, but couldn't talk. He tried a few times, but failed. He wasn't stupid, although he didn't know the spell, he knew exactly what it did. As Calum let go, Alex took out his wand and pointed it at him. He wanted to cast a spell, but he couldn't use the words to do so.

He was cornered. If magic doesn't work, then the old school style would do it.
Alex put the wand away, and attempted to throw a bunch at the boys stomach, with all his might. He's not going to give up on this fight. He's not a toy, and Calum will have to struggle to get his entertainment.

Calum smirked as he watched the boy try to speak again. He loved the satisfication of watching him struggle. But before Calum was able to do anything else the first year reacted quickly, taking out his wand, and Calum stared wide-eyed at it, wondering if he would really be able to do anything to defend himself. Luckily, all of a sudden the boy changed his mind and used his fist instead. Calum quickly grabbed the boy's wrist forcefully right before it hit his stomach. "Incarcerous." he said, once again pointing his wand right at the boy. Ropes flew out of Calum's wand and began to wrap around the first year and Calum let go of his wrist, knowing very well that he was not going to be able to do much more now. "Do you think this is a game?" the slytherin spat, not caring how much attention he was bringing to the pair of them if any. "You're lucky I haven't jinxed you yet."

Whilst teaching, Sloane liked to have her ears open to potential distractions for her students. They were going over some revision for the upcoming exams. You could never be too careful and some of her students had never even spoken to a muggle before, let alone know much about them. She liked to try and make them as prepared as possible though and so as she was explaining the difference between pens and quills for what felt like the millionth time, she became acutely aware of some noise just outside her door. Pointing to one of the better behaved students she asked them to take over with some charts as she investigated the distrubance. Stepping outside the door Sloane frowned at what she saw. A seventh year and a first year were certainly not evenly matched. "I better not be seeing what I think I am." She said crossing her arms tightly. This was utterly ridiculous. "Put your wand away right this instant." She said to the older boy, incredibly cross for the scene in front of her. She pulled out her own wand and reversed both the apparent silencio and the incarcerous. "Explain yourselves before I take you both to whoever your head of house is."

Alex smirked at the sight of the Professor. All the advantage in the world is now in his hands. He can show the bully who's in charge now. A few simple words and he'll get detention, maybe even worse. Alex stood up, dusted himself off, winked at Calum and turned to the Professor.

"Oh! This must look bad. This helpful 7th year was just showing me how to defend myself, or play a joke on my friends. I asked him to do it, nothing serious! Sorry if we caused trouble!", he smiled politely, making a grin each time he looked at Calum.

Calum rolled his eyes as a professor emerged from a classroom, reversing the spells and telling him to put away his wand. He desperately wanted to jinx the first year then and there but the boy had opened his mouth before Calum was able to and Calum held his breath, dreading the sound of the Gryffindor's stupid voice again. But what came out of the boy's mouth came as a shock to Calum and he took a small step back, also eventually putting away his wand. He explained that it was all just a misunderstanding and that Calum was only trying to show him how to defend himself, and Calum confidently nodded in agreement, still confused with the boy's reaction all the same. "Yes, professor, I'm always happy to give younger students a taste of what it's like when faced upon something or someone dangerous, especially if they're only starting out. I'm very sorry for the disturbance." he added with a smile in an attempt to convince the professor that what the boy was saying was true. He wasn't afraid of his head of house and did not particularly care if there would be a consequence. He just wanted the first year to learn to keep out of his way.

Sloane narrowed her eyes at both boys. She did not believe a word out of either of their mouths. She had nothing to suggest that they were fighting, but she would be taking points off of both of them anyway for disturbing her class. She looked at the younger boy and sighed. "You've both disturbed my class and I'll not let that go. Because of that I'm taking 20 points off of both of you and an additional 20 off of you," She looked at the Slytherin, "for having your wand out and using it against a younger year. I don't care that you say it was training if you want to do that you don't do it out in the halls. That's what the duelling chamber is for under supervision of a professor." She turned away from both of them and headed back to her class. "If I catch either of you again, I'll not be so lenient." They were lucky they weren't Hufflepuffs. She waited momentarily to see if there would be any rebuttal.

Alex sighed, disapointed at the outcome. He expected the outcome to be much different, instead he lost some house points. In the end, he wasn't even that mad. Gryffindor is already losing by a long shot, and through the year he contributed to the house by 200 points, he can afford losing 20. He just nodded and smiled at the professor.
"You got it!"
After she left, he turned around and looked Calum in the eyes, dead serious. Not afraid of him one bit, he spoke up.
"As you can see, I just had you in my control. You do not scare me, and I suggest you move on like nothing happened. I'm sorry I ran into you, but what you did was utterly dumb. I sincerely hope I never run into you again, and if you try something, next time I won't lie to a professor. We good, mardy bugger?"
Alex was far from being a coward, and he had to show some teeth to get at least a wince of respect out of the 7th year.

Calum couldn't help but smirk as the professor took away house points from the Gryffindor boy. The teenager didn't care much about losing twice as many himself and was more pleased with the loss of Gryffindor's points instead. "Thank you, professor. In the future I will make sure to take this little guy with me to the dueling chambers." Calum said, playfully nudging the Gryffindor in the side for show. If Calum ever did see the first year in the dueling chambers he was sure to start a duel with him for fun, mostly to humiliate the boy.

Calum watched as the professor turned around to walk back into her classroom. He went to walk in the opposite direction until the Gryffindor opened his mouth again, causing him to have to stop and listen. But instead of listening, Calum looked at the boy but was not bothering to hear anything he was saying. He was not worth any of Calum's time and the only thing Calum managed to catch was the name he called him again. Shrugging his shoulders, Calum muttered "Later dimwit." and continued along the corridor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back