Finishing Shopping

Imogen Day

OOC First Name
Emzies
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Imogen was glad she had done all the shopping she had to do in one morning. Immy's hands were laiden with bags. It was the day before the yuleball and Immy had even been able to buy a dress and shoes for the ball. She continued to walk but found herself now quite tired. Spotting a bench, Imogen sat down, she pulled down her gryffindor t-shirt andjust watched people pass.

Angela had been wandering around for quite a while. She hadn't really wanted to buy anything, and she didn't have any money anyways. She stopped and looked at herself in a shop window. Her hair was puffy in the back and she wore a grey dress with black leggings, another favorite outfit of hers. She saw a girl with brown hair, in a Gryffindor shirt. She decided to make friends, after all, she would probably see this girl sometime in school; right?

Angela walked over to the bench that the girl was sitting in. "Hi, um, can i sit down?" She asked politely to the girl.

Imogen looked up as a girl a little younger than her asked to sit down. Immy moved her bags from the bench and nodded her head. She smiled friendly at the girl. Immy guessed that this girl was going to be a new first year.

"Yeah, sure. Sit down." Imogen said with a smile. "I'm Imogen but my friends call me Immy."

Angela smiled as the girl moved the bags and let her sit down. Angela took the seat.

"I'm Angela, but you can call me Angel. It's nice to meet you Immy." She said. "Imogen, that's a pretty name." Angela had always been a nice girl, she complimented everyone.

Imogen smiled and blushed politely. She thought that the girl's name was also a lovely name. Angela. It really was an amazing name.

"Your name is really lovely too." Immy said with a smile. "Will you be attending a Hogwarts next year?"

She smiled at Immy. Her grin wasn't perfect, and she was now missing a front tooth, but it was a happy and soulful grin.

"Thank you." She answered Imogen's compliment in a polite tone. "Yes i will. I noticed that you have a Gryffindor shirt on. that's what drew me over." She said.

Imogen smiled politely at Angela before looking down at her t-shirt. She gave a soft laugh and nodded. It would bring in attention but it was Immy's favourite t-shirt.

"I thought it would bring attention to me. I look forward to see you next year." Imogen said with a smile. "Do you know which house you want to be in? If isn't already clear enough, I'm in Gryffindor."

Angela watched the girl look at her t-shirt, and then look back at Angela.

"Cool i made an older friend!" She said smiling. it would be great to know an older student that could help her. "I really want to be in Ravenclaw or now maybe Gryffindor, now that I've learned more about the houses. Do you like Gryffindor?"

Imogen smiled. She was glad she was making a friend with someone who'd be coming to hogwarts next year. It would be nice to have someone she'd be able to help out if they needed it. The school was pretty daunting at first.

"Good house choices" Imogen said with a bright friendly smile. "Gryffindor is amazing. Everyone is really friendly and nice. They are always willing to lend a hand. Everyone is friends and the whole house feels like a family. It makes you feel right at home. Also everyone is brave and strong in there own way. I think it's the best house. Ravenclaw is also a very good house. Friendly people too, not to mention smart."

Imogen's smile was bright and made Angela feel in a better mood about going to school.

"Well really. So i just hope i get a nice house, i don't handle bullies well." She smiled. it was true, Angela was spineless. "So are there any houses i should watch out for?" Angela asked curiously.

Imogen shrugged slightly. Some of the slytherins were pretty bad but it wasn't all of them. Some were pretty nice and friendly others not so much. Immy thought it depended more on the person.

"Well, Slytherin house isn't the nicest of houses but I find it's more the person rather than the house." Immy said. "If you run into any trouble at school, come find me and I can try my hardest to help. Are you from New Zealand?"

Angela waited as Imogen seemed to think. She smiled when Immy said it depended on the person, not the house. And then said that if Angela ever ran into trouble, she would help.

"No I'm not from New Zealand. I'm from Tokyo." She wasn't Japanese but she was from Japan. "What about you?"

Imogen just smiled and nodded. Japan must have been a lovely place to live. Immy knew that the girl would eventual come to really like New Zealand like most others did. Like imogen had and did.

"Wales, Britain." Imogen said."are you enjoying New Zealand. When I first came I thought it was a little daunting."

Angela nodded to her question. "Well i like it, but i also used to spend summers here." She replied.

Imogen nodded. She thought it was probably good that Angela had come for summers. When Immy had touched down in New Zealand it had been her first time outside her home country of Wales.

"Well that's good. You know the area a little." Immy said. "Can I interest you in lunch? I am hungry."

Angela smiled when Immy offered her lunch. She nodded.

"Yeah sure, what did you have in mind?"

Imogen shrugged slightly. She didn't really mind where they went to eat. The three broomsticks seemed like a good option for them.

"What about the three broomsticks?" Imogen asked.

Angela hadn't been to any of the restaurants, so when Imogen mentioned a place called The Three Broomsticks she just nodded.

"Sure why not?" She smiled. "So what was it like getting sorted?"

Angela was dying to know if it hurt, or if it was a big written test, or something like that.

Imogen smiled and picked up the many bags she had. She stood up smiling. Immy held the bags in one hand and pointed in the direction of the three broomsticks. It would tkae a matter of minutes to get there.

"It's not far from here. Imogen said smiling brightly at the girls question. "Sorting? No, all you do is sit on a stool and have the hat placed on your head and then it sorts you. It's a little scary because everyone's watching but try to find the face of someone you know in your year of first years or someone in the school already, that should help calm you or make you less nervous. That is if you are"

She smiled as Immy explained sorting. How would the hat know what house she needed to be in. "Phew i was afraid i would have to do a big written test!" She said. "Do you want me to help you with those," she said talking about the bags.

Imogen shook her head at the question. She'd be able to carry them. It was just that there were a lot of them. They weren't heavy. Immy smiled brightly. She was glad she had someone younger that she tell about how amazing hogwarts was.

"No, it's fine. Thanks." Immy said. "I'll lead the way"

((Would you like to start the topic or should I?

Angela smiled and nodded as Immy led the way. Seh was glad she had made an older friend, who could probably help her with her homework, and other things.

((Could you?))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back