Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
13 1/2 Inch Rigid Hazel Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Kas had been mulling over a thought the entire time he got ready for tonight. Well, several thoughts, mostly to do with his hair, and then for a little bit whether he'd regret wearing a jacket or not, but the main thing he'd been thinking about under all of that had been Michael. And whatever this thing with them was. Michael clearly liked him, considering he'd asked him out and all (unless he had a very weird sense of humour, but Kas couldn't exactly give anyone flack for that, glass houses, etc). But in the face of it all, Kas had to stop and take inventory of his own emotions, which he hated. But the thought kept rising up, no matter how much he tried to distract himself with smaller stuff like getting dressed tonight, so now that he was standing in the hall with Michael, Kas was distinctly aware that he'd been staring at the other boy for what had to be a small eternity and just not saying anything. Which was very unlike him.

"Do you think Professor Alicastell does this all herself? Like is she a closet romantic or is someone else pulling the strings here," He finally said, making a vague hand motion towards the pink and red decorations festuning the hall. The decorations. Safe topic. Good job, Kas, act normal.

Last edited:
Michael felt excited about another dance. It allowed him to dress up and wear cool jackets. Following along with the Valentine theme, the Gryffindor rolled into the Great Hall with his date and looked around at the decorations. "I think she must do it in the dark of night and looks for ways to torture all the students unfortunate enough to not have dates or even those who do," he joked, admiring all the lights and colors surrounding them. While he himself wasn't necessarily a romantic, he did enjoy a good party, and that's exactly what he hoped would happen tonight. "Wanna go dance?" he asked, attempting to drag Kas on the dance floor. If he didn't embarass his date at least three times tonight, it wasn't a good time.

Kas let out an amused huff at Michael's response, making a show of nodding along speculatively. "Ah, yes yes, she's forever in search of a shade of pink so garish it deals us all enough mental anguish to stop asking to have school dances," He said, scrunching up his nose as some heart shape confetti fluttered down from the ceiling. Kas let out a less amused noise as Michael started towing him out to the dance floor. They'd danced at the ball, did he really have to let himself be subjected to this again? Still, Kas let himself be dragged, kind of enjoying the fact that Michael wanted to do the dragging more than he disliked the idea of having to go through with anything that Michael called dancing. "Your idea of what counts as dancing and mine is always so different," He said wanly, begrudgingly shuffling along to the music, trying to act like he didn't find Michael's antics as embarrassing or as bafflingly endearing as he did.

Michael thought about Kas's comment and then started laughing to himself. "Imagine if it was just pink everywhere," he said, thinking about how startling and blinding such a design would be. At the same time, it would be rather hilarious, but seeing as Kas didn't have Michael's sense of humor, he tried to play it off a little. "That would be just terrible," he finished and then shot Kas a ornery grin. As they started to dance, Michael made a face and then stopped moving in his unique way. "What? Should I dance more like this?" he asked as he started to go into demi-pointe and moved his arms into what he thought were ballet positions. As he tiptoed in a circle, he finished with a bow, almost falling over. "I just like to have fun, you know? Especially with you," Michael said with a smile and then grabbed Kas' hand to try and dance some more in a very off beat way to the music currently playing.

Kas snorted as Michael kept on with their bit about decorations, shaking his head. "Barely need to imagine much," He said dryly. "Thank Merlin Professor Alicastell shows restraint in her eye-killing design choices." Things with Michael were still new, but Kas appreciated that they could joke around like this. Feelings and honest conversations weren't even close to being Kas's forte, but Michael never seemed to take things too seriously, which was probably the biggest thing that Kas liked about him. Maybe that and his smile. But mostly the humour thing.

"No, please, I don't think the other dancers can handle that," Kas said weakly, laughing quietly and half-heartedly swatting at Michael's arms as he attempted some sort ballerina move. "Well you see, there's your first mistake, everyone knows I'm firmly against fun," He said mock soberly, though his hand lingered where he'd grabbed Michael's wrist.

Michael eyed Kas as he tried to think of the most boring dance move he could muster. Sticking his arms out like a zombie, he cocked his head to the side. "Rigormortis? That seems boring enough," he jested. "No more fun," Michael droned as he took a few step towards Kas before he buckled over in laughter, something that came too easily to him. "But seriously, I think you're just... splendid."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back