Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapphire was still feeling out of it. Sure, Odette hadn't kicked her off the team and the Gryffindor seeker wasn't mad at her. But she still couldn't quite shake the feeling of failure and disappointment. She didn't know who to talk to, but she felt like she should talk to someone. She made her way up to Gryffindor tower. It might not be the best place for a Slytherin right now, but a lot of her favorite people were in Gryffindor. Alkander, Onyx, Jacob, Mervyn. She winced a little at the thought of that last name. Mervyn was never going to forgive her for what had happened to Leda today. Neither would Leda, for that matter. And no matter how much she adored either of them, she couldn't face either of them just yet. She wasn't brave enough for that rejection yet.

She stopped on the staircase leading to Gryffindor tower. Even if she did make it through the celebrations, what would she say? Who would she look for? With a weary sigh, she climbed up into the nearest window. She had only been caught sulking in a window once, and that was by a tall professor. She waited to see who would come along first. This way she wouldn't have to try and make more sense of her scrambled thoughts.

Benji walked out of the Gryffindor Common Room, heading in the direction of the Kitchen where he was hoping to stock up on snacks for the sleepover the boys were planning that night. However, he was immediately stopped in his tracks when he saw a figure sitting on one of the windowsills just by the entrance of the Gryffindor Tower. He recognised the dark hair instantly and made his way over to the girl. The snacks could wait for a while, it had seemed a long time since he had seen Saph. "Hey Saph, you alright?" he asked as he sauntered over to her, a grin plastered on his face. He was glad to see the Slytherin girl as they always had fun when they were together. "What brings you up here?" he wondered out loud as he reached her.

Sapphire jumped a little when she was almost instantly called out. She turned to find Benji Walden walking over, and she couldn't help the small smile that came unbidden to her face. "Oh, hey Benji," she greeted lightly.

She shrugged at his question. "I hadn't decided yet," Sapphire slid off the windowsill. "Did you watch the Quidditch game?" She asked, a bit nervous. For some reason there seemed to be some sort of animosity between the Slytherins and Gryffindors that popped up on occasion and surprised her.

Benjamin grinned when Sapphire realised that it was the young Gryffindor who had found her "hey there" he laughed as he watched the Slytherin girl slide off the windowsill. Benjamin shrugged his shoulders at Sapphire's question, ordinarily he would have been playing close attention to the game as he loved Sport and all things Quidditch, however, he was a little distracted during the game due to a couple of his room mates deciding they would have their own mini game of Quidditch with their own tiny figurines of Quidditch players which seemed to capture his imagination for most of it. "I only caught a bit of it" he admitted "why? Did anything good happen?" he asked as he leaned against the nearest wall to the windowsill that Sapphire had just vacated.

Sapphire snorted when Benji said he'd missed the game before shaking her head playfully. "Tsk tsk Walden. My first game on the field and you didn't even notice." She gave him a sly grin, placing a hand over her heart in feigned hurt. "However will I survive knowing my friends didn't watch me lose so gloriously?"

Benjamin frowned and tried to stick his bottom lip out even more in an attempt for sympathy. "I feel like you would have done the same as I did if you had seen those little figurines having their own game" he laughed. "You know what? I'm going to ask my roommates if I can borrow those little Quidditch figures and show you them and then you'll see" he joked. "Or..." he paused dramatically "you'll just have to play the whole game again so I can watch" he decided with a big grin on his face.

Sapphire couldn't help but smile. Benji's energy was contagious. "You'll have to get the figurines. I couldn't replicate a failure like that if I tried." She leaned against the other side of the window, sufficiently distracted. She knew all she needed was a Gryffindor. "So why aren't you in the common room celebrating Gryffindors victory with everyone else?" She asked, curious. He may not have been who she had expected to see, but she found she was glad for his company anyway.

Benjamin frowned "it couldn't have been that bad?" he said slowly "I'm sure you did your best" he smiled. Oh... well I was just heading out to get more snacks. I managed to sneak through the crowd so no one could see me" he grinned. "We're planning a sleepover tonight. So I have to be really sneaky with getting the food in" he explained.

Sapph shrugged. "It was brutal. Both seekers got taken out early in. They had an alternate, we didn't. I went from being a beater to being a seeker. We lost." She rubbed the back of her neck. "I accidentally hit Jacob Kingsley. We're friends so it made it worse." She winced.

Benji's explanation made her grin. "Is my brother involved? It'd be nice to think he's bugging people other than me." She gave Benji a mischievous grin. "Which gives me an idea." Her blue eyes sparkled. "You still interested in my balloons?" She asked, thinking back to how she and Benji had met.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back