Finally Moving in

Julie Finnigan

Julie packed the last few things in the box that she had infront of her, full of items. Today she was helping Art move out of his house, since she moved all of her stuff out of her place out yesterday, Julie gave it to Caysi as a gift. Julie sat on the chair that was near her, she saw a picture of Art, his wife and their children. Art looked a bit younger, but his wife was pretty, his children were adorable. She placed the picture on the pile beside her. She found more pictures of Art and his ex wife, and alot of his kids. " Hun, where do you want me to put these pictures?" She asked him. " In this box, or do you have another one open?" She added, looking around for him.

Art was just finishing packing up his work, he was worried about the plants and hoped to get them to the new house and out of the boxes quickly. Art heard Julie asking him about something and walked into the room she was in, "Oh those..." Art mumbled. He had forgotten about the old family pictures. He had been thinking of keeping them to give to Ashton later on in life. Art summoned another box and pulled out a marker and labeled it FOR ASHTON before packing all of the photos in it. "I think thats everything" Art said with a smile.

Julie nodded, " I think it is." Julie stood up with the support of the chair. " It looks so empty now." Julie walked around. " Just a few months ago, we were in that greenhouse, talking about everything and anything. Now were finally going to move in together, and have a happily ever after." She said smiling looking at Art.

Art walked over to Julie as she stood up and tried to take some of her weight. Art couldn't believe how big she was getting, pretty soon they would have two little newborns to take care of. "Its almost to good to be true" Art replied before kissing her on top the head. The time Art had spent with Julie had been the happiest months of his life and he was excited to finally begin their lives together.

Julie smiled. " I think we should get going, I'll go first with these boxes." She said before summoning them towards her. " See you there." She smiled, apparating to the new new house. Julie was nearly dying of heat the moment that she set foot in Barbados. " Merlin's beard." She said walking inside. Julie summoned the boxes down, and began to unpack from all of her stuff that was there too. She quickly furnished the upstairs, and making her way to the downstairs.

Art nodded and watched as Julie apprated off. Art grabbed the remaining boxes and apprated off to the new house. He noticed Julie already unpacking, Damn that girls fast he thought with a small laugh. Art began helping Julie unpack and soon enough the house was completely furnished. Art wiped the sweat off his forehead and looked around. Things were certainly hotter then he was used to I'll have to move some of the plants to the basement Art thought remembering some of the plants needed a colder climent. Art walked over to Julie and put his arm around her shoulders, "Your kids should be here soon right?" Art asked excited to finally meet her kids.

Julie smiled. " Finished, finally." She laughed. " Yes, except one, he won't be able to make it because he told me that he got into a severe car accident and has injuries." Julie sighed. " But the others will be coming." She nodded at him assuringly. " See, there's one now." She laughed moving towards the door.

Caysi was ready to go see her mom and her new step dad. But she knew that it was going to be super hot in Barbados, so she wore her shorts and t-shirt. Caysi walked to the front of her house and apparated to the warm destination. She nearly fainted on arrival, and rushed to the door. Caysi was greatful when she heard the doorsteps. " Hey mom." She said when she saw Julie come to the door. " Pregnant bellies hug." She laughed hugging her mom.

Julie laughed when she saw Caysi. " Hi, hunny." She laughed hugging her daughter back. " How far along are you now?" She said asking her daughter. " I would like you to meet, Art." She said taking Caysi to Art. " He'll be your new step dad, and you'll be his new step daughter." She laughed. " Why don't you go have a seat in the living room,hun." She said. Julie watched her daughter walk to the couch. " That's the one that likes to be creative, drawings, paintings." She whispered to Art, before she walked into the living room, sitting on a couch.

Art looked at Julie with a worried look on his face when she said one of her kids was in a car accident, "Hes going to be okay right?" Art asked but before he could get an answer one of Julie's daughters showed up. Art watched with a smile on his face as the two greeted each other. The girl was very obviously pregnant but very pretty just like her mother. Art nodded when Julie whispered to him that she was the creative one. Art followed Julie into the living room and sat down next to her, "Very nice to finally meet you Caysi" Art said giving her a nervous smile, he really didn't want to mess up in front of Julie's kids.

Caysi smiled and walked into the living room. " It's very nice to meet you aswell." Caysi said shaking Art's hand back. " Oh, before I forget, I got you guys a present." Caysi said while getting up. She went outside to the car that she had brought, since she was visiting her brother's condo in Barbados. She popped open the trunk and walked back in. " It's a painting. " Caysi said, while coming back in the living room. " I had some spare time, so I decided to paint it for you guys." She said. " I hope you guys like it." Caysi laughed.

Julie laughed as she saw her daughter walk back outside to retrieve the present. " Probably a painting." She said to Art before her daughter arrived back in. " See." She whispered back to him. Julie was actually impressed with Caysi's work. " What do you think, Art?" She asked him, looking at him.

Art looked at the painting Caysi had handed them, he was amazed with her talent. "Its wonderful. You'll have to give me some tips some time" Art said giving Caysi a genuine smile. If he could have half her talent his work would be so much eaiser when it came to drawing his flowers. Most of the time his looked like his sons drawings.

Caysi smiled, she never really payed so much attention in her whole life, then on this painting. " Thanks." She laughed. " I'll show you some little tips and tricks." She laughed. " I actually want to go to University for an Art degree, but I'm not to sure that it will happen that soon." She shrugged.

Julie laughed. " You'll make it in University soon enough." She nodded. " Which one did you want to go to anyways?" She asked her. " Where are your sisters and brothers?" She asked her, looking out the windows trying to see if any of them were going to pull up.

Caysi nodded. " I really want to go to Yale school for Art, if I don't get accepted there, then I want to go to The School of the Art Institue of Chicago." She nodded. " First, I have to actually go there and do an interview and show them that I can draw, a long horrible process." She laughed. " I know that their going to go to the place that I have here, their cars are all their, so they'll probably car pool." She smiled.

Sandra walked through her sisters apartment, nearly dying of heat. " Does Caysi like to boil herself in here?" She asked while turning the air conditioning on. She was happy that David was taking care of Violet today so she could go meet her new step dad. " Alex, Elise let's go." She said grabbing her car keys. Sandra made her way down the stairs and walked to her car, turned it on and waited for her sisters to come in the car.

Elise was on the couch watching her sisters tv. She was entertained by the cool little things that her sister had in the apartment. Elise got off the couch and went to put her shoes on, so she could make her way to the car with her sisters. Elise looked for Alex through the apartment, but couldn't find her. She shrugged, closing the door behind herself. Elise walked down all the stairs and got into the car.

Alex was in the bedroom, checking out the master suite. She was so entertained by the shower, and the cool doors that frosted when they closed. She kept closing and opening the doors, she didn't even hear Sandra. Sandra laughed when Elise left, she was always the last one to hear things. She put her shoes on and went to the car. " Alright let's go." She nodded. " We're meeting Kevin and Dan there." She said while buckling her seat belt.

Sorry >.<

Art listened interested when Caysi talked about the collages she wanted to go to. Art had never heard of them before, but he knew that collage was apparently a big step in muggle education. "From what I've seen your a very talented artist, I'm sure you'll do fine" Art said giving her an encouraging smile. His nervousness was starting to subside a little but then Art was reminded that Julie had six other kids that he needed to get on the good side of. Art then remembered that today he had to pick up Ashton at the train station for Christmas vacation, he looked quickly at his watch and gave a small gasp, "I'm so sorry Julie and Caysi, but I have to pick up Ashton, I'll be right back!" Art said hurriedly before running out of the house and apprating to the train station.

Ashton waited at the train station tapping his foot rather annoyedly waiting for his father. He was late, and it was highly unusual for his father to be late for anything. Its that retched woman, I don't know why hes getting married again, we don't need any women Ashton thought angerly. Ever since his mother had left them Ashton had had issues with women and wasn't exactly happy to learn that he was going to have a new step mother. He didn't even know about the babies yet. Ashton watched as his father showed up and started running towards him. "Your late father" he said in a highly annoyed voice. Ashton tried not to pay attention as his dad apologized profusely. Instead he just picked up his suitcase and waited for his father to bring them to the new house.

Ashton held his stomach after his unpleasant side along appration, he hated traveling like that. The heat wasn't helping either. Ashton looked up at the new house and had to admit that it actually looked really nice, he just didn't know why it was so big for three people. Ashton followed his father inside and into the living room where two lady's were sitting. Ashton couldn't help but think that the blonde one was very pretty, even if she was pregnant. Ashton's attention then turned to the older one and gave her a black stair. He then noticed her huge belly. Oh Merlin no he thought his mouth falling open into an O shape. Ashton turned on his father and glared at him, "What the hell is this!?" Ashton asked pointing to Julie's stomach. "I can't believe you didn't tell me this is why your getting married!" Ashton continued yelling. He didn't want more siblings, for his whole life he had been the only child, and he did not intend for some little brat and there mother to take his place. Ashton quickly stomped out of the room and out of the house all together.

Caysi nodded looking at Art. She and Julie just made some small talk and walked around the house for a quick tour before returning to the living room where both women took their seats. Caysi felt her cellular phone vibrate, to which she had recieved a text message from her sister, stating that they were on their way. " On their way." Caysi said looking to her mom. She was about to say hi to the boy and introduce herself to him. She watched as the boy stomped out of the house. " Poor boy." She said giving an apoligetic smile.

Well that hadn't gone as Art had hoped it would. He had expected Ashton not to take to the idea right away but had no idea he would handle it that poorly, "I'm so sorry both of you, I'll go talk to him" Art said before leaving the room and following Ashton outside. Art knew he had to do what was best for Ashton, he was a father first. Art saw Ashton sitting in the garden tearing up some grass in an angry fit. Art sighed and went and sat next to him, "Ashton I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I thought this would be easier on you" Art said realizing how stupid that was now.

Ashton couldn't believe his father was doing this to him. He was forty-five, why would he want more kids? He was way to old for babies! Ashton couldn't help but think that his father was trying to replace him, he didn't need Asthon anymore, he had a new wife, why keep the kid from the old marrige around? Ashton turned away from his dad when he came to sit next him, "Well then your obviously far to busy worrying about the woman and her spawn to even care about whats best for me" Ashton snapped back. He knew he was over reacting a little but come on, who wouldn't?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back