Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
Lyra had two roses left to deliver, but she still wasn't sure she would be the one delivering the rose to that last person. At least this rose was to someone she would recognize. The Gryffindor girl wasn't friends with Matthew Harper, but he was in her year and in her boyfriend's house so she decided to wait for him in the fourth floor corridor.

Matthew was on his way back to the common room after returning from one of his classes. The valentine's craze was starting to get on his nerves a little bit, and he tried to avoid the busy places today as it meant a lot of interruptions by rose delivery people. He hoped the common room was somewhat quieter, though he wasn't quite sure about that. He noticed a girl in his year standing around, seemingly waiting for someone, but since they never talked he didn't even think she might be waiting for him.

Lyra was waiting not so patiently for Matthew when he appeared. "Hey, you're Matthew right?" she asked, pretty sure she was right. "I have a rose for you." she said with a smile as she handed over the yellow rose and note.

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for everything this past year, you have been my rock and the best confidante. I couldn't have got through it all without you.

Love, Maddie.
[/font]​

Matthew was surprised to be stopped by the girl, and he looked at her as she asked his name. He nodded when she asked if his name was Matthew. He was surprised to hear she had a rose for him, and he accepted it with a smile. "Thanks." He told her, as he unfolded the note. "You're Lyra, right?" He had heard about the girl from Maddie, though not in a flattering way. Still, Matthew wanted to make his own impressions of people if he could. And the girl seemed perfectly friendly so far. As he read the note, he smiled. Though he also felt bad. He hadn't sent Maddie any roses in return. He would have to thank her later.

Lyra smiled at Matthew and nodded her head. "That's right. I know we are in the same year though I don't believe we've ever spoken before. No time like the present, right?" Lyra joked in a friendly tone. Vaguely, Lyra recalled seeing him around with Madeline. No doubt he had heard horrible things about her. Maybe she could change that impression.

Matthew nodded. "Yeah, we are in the same year. I only transferred at the start of last year, though, so there's a lot of people I haven't met yet." He told her with a small smile. "You're in Gryffindor, right? I'm in Hufflepuff." He told her, though she had the feeling she knew that as she had waited for him in the corridor their common room was in.

Lyra grinned at the boy. "Well that makes me feel less guilty that we don't know each other better then." she joked. She nodded her head at Matthew. "Yes. I'm in Gryffindor, but my boyfriend is in Hufflepuff. He's the one that suggested I wait here for you. He's your roommate. Felix Urie." she said. Matthew seemed nice. Lyra wanted to get to know him better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back