Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Swishy Walnut Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
((continued from here))

Ava smiled at her Papa, a little brighter than she had before. "You really missed me?" She asked, blunt as always. "I was kinda worried that..." She looked away, brushing her blond hair behind her ear. A slight blush colored her cheeks, but she had never skirted around a problem before and she certainly didn't mean to now. "I was kind of worried you might forget me after I went away. We haven't been together very long and... I've been a little scared all year, Papa." She admitted quietly, needing him to reassure her.

And it didn't help that Philip was still not talking to her. It was silly, but she had felt a connection with the boy and she craved his approval, though nowhere near as much as she craved her fathers. She glanced back to the man, a little worried at how he would take her honesty.

</COLOR></FONT>
Avarian's warm eyes settled on his daughter. He could not believe that Ava would grow up into like this even without him in her early years. He was swinging him as he listened to her when she suddenly said that he might forget her again. Stopping the swing, he rounded up to her front,knelt down and cupped her cheek."That won't ever happen again,my love.I promise you that.",he smiled.
<FONT font="monaco"><COLOR color="black">

Ava watched as Avarian came around to kneel in front of her, her blue eyes still wet with unshed tears. She gave a small, sad smile, bringing her hand up to touch his. She leaned forward and wrapped her arms around his neck again. She had always been an affectionate child.

"You gotta really mean it." She whispered into his neck. "I... I know I talk like you and I know I act big sometimes but I'm still small. My heart's still too little." She clung to his wide shoulders, still worried he might vanish if she let go.

A few tears slipped down her cheek. She hadn't even really acknowledged her fear much before now, but it had to be dealt with. It had taken her months to acknowledge her mother's death, and this was no different.

Her next words nearly broke her, and she snuggled in as close to Avarian as she could. "Mama promised too. You just... You can't go away again. You can't."

She was crying now. She felt awful for crying like this in front of him but she couldn't hold it back anymore. She had held it together for so long that it seemed it was all crashing down on her. Everything, all at once.

Avarian was shocked at what transpired next. Ava lunged on him,making his arms wrap around her small frame. She was crying which really tugged his heart. He understood where she was coming from. He was not in her life for that long,now she was in Hogwarts except for the holidays. This was the main reason why he decided to settle for a Ministry position and brought his photography job back down to a part time job. He still accepted photography jobs but locally. He stroke his daughter's hair, sighing deeply. "Oh, Ava...", he pulled back to look at her. He wiped the tears before giving her a smile. "I know I haven't been with you for a long time. Your mom died and you suffered a lot before I found you.", he paused,trying to collect his thoughts. He had felt this would eventually come. This conversation. Holding her hands in his, he looked straight in her eyes. "I won't promise. As long as I am here, breathing, I won't leave you. Ever.",he smiled reassuringly, "The only time we are not together will be when you are in Hogwarts. You okay with that,kiddo?",he asked her with a bright smile. Smiling was the only thing he could give her to ease the burden in her heart. Hoping it would work on his little girl.

Ava wanted to believe her dad, she really did. She couldn't doubt him, not right now. She smiled back at him, a little shyly. "Yeah, that... that's okay." She rubbed her eyes. "I... I'm sorry to cry, Papa." She apologized softly. "I didn't mean to." She looked up at him with big blue eyes. "So, um, what would you like for Christmas?" She asked, attempting to lighten the mood. Her hair had fallen into her eyes again and she brushed it back. Hopefully Avarian didn't think too badly of her for breaking down like that.

Avarian smiled. "That's my girl.",he complimented. He shook his head when Avaria apologized to him. Looking at her blue eyes made him remember his deceased wife. All the same he could also see another girl who resembled Avaria's personality. He ruffled her hair before going back to swinging her on the swing. "Christmas? Hmm. I already got what I dreamed for Christmas.", he said fondly to his daughter. "How about you?What do you want for Christmas?", he asked in return. He would do everything to assure Avaria that she would never be alone anymore.

Ava let out a sigh of relief as her Papa started swinging her again. It looked like he wasn't upset about the crying thing, though her heart did a strange little flutter in her chest when he made the corny comment about Christmas. That made her smile. She swung her feet a little, thinking over his next question. "Well..." She was silent a moment as she thought.

"Honestly, I just want to curl up on the couch and cuddle and watch the Grinch. The Jim Carrey one, the cartoon one is creepy." She told him. "But, um, I could always use new art supplies. A good set of brushes is always nice. Pencils as well, I have a sketchpad I use to capture ideas." She explained a little shyly, not wanting to sound greedy but wanting to tell him about her passion. That reminded her, though. She glanced back at Ian with a smile.

"Papa, could I ask you about your photography?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back