Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Violet didn't particuarly want to go to the hospital wing. "It's just a cold," she kept saying to herself. "'Hospital wing' sounds too serious for just a cold."
However, after a week of feeling less-than-spectacular, and waking up that morning feeling particuarly feverish and headachy, she decided she'd just pay a quick visit to the hospital wing. "After all," she reasoned, "maybe they can give me something that will help me, and make me feel better. I might as well try." She shivered (despite the layers of clothing she was wearing) and walked in to the hospital wing. She coughed, and hugged herself tightly, trying to warm up. She wasn't exactly sure where she should go - she'd never been to the hospital wing before.

Patrick was taking a well earned break the best way he knew how, sitting in one of the hospital chairs and levitating it up slowly. The hospital door opened and a young girl entered.
Patrick broke the spell and came down to the ground with a whallop. He stood up from the seat, grimacing. That landing had been uncomfortable.
"What can I do for you today then?" he looked at her as he spoke, she really didn't look so good.
"Sit up on the bed there and let me take a look ok?"

Violet coughed, and shivered involuntarily. "You must be Mr. O'Brien," she croaked. Clearing her throat, she added. "Andy, um, Andromeda's talked about you." She sat on the bed, and explained, "It's just a cold, really, so I'm sorry if this is a waste of your time." She shivered again, her teeth chattering. "I'm just feeling particuarly bad today."

"I can see that" Patrick took her temperature which was extremely high and then did a check on her pulse. He shook his head smiling.
"Sometimes a cold is natures way of telling us to take better care of ourselves, give me a moment".
Patrick went to the medicine cabinets and scanned through the bottles of potions.

Violet winced. "I'd better not tell my mum that. She'd be here in a flash!" She laughed, which quickly became a cough.

Patrick found the bottle he needed and turning smiled at her.
"It's good that your mother would be concerned about you, but it's only a very bad cold. I think we've caught it before it escalated to something more." he poured some of the Pepperup Potion into a clean vial and passed it to her.
"Now drink this, I'm going to get you a blanket and i want you to rest here for a while so the potion can take affect. Alright?"

Violet nodded. "Okay. Thank you very much, sir!" She took the potion in a shaking hand and drank it. She winced, and spluttered a little. "Urgh. I've never been good with medicine..."

Patrick smiled when he came back with a warmer blanket for her and draped it over her.
"would you believe about 60% of the population aren't good with medicine", he joked, "Now lie back and get some rest give that potion a chance to take effect."

He pulled the partition around the bed and walked back to his office to write up his notes.

Violet pulled the blanket around her, still shivering. The potion was fast working, though. It didn't take long for it to take effect. Soon, she had stopped shaking, and a bit later, her throat and head felt much clearer. She breathed a sigh of relief.

Patrick gave the girl a few hours before waking her. She obviously had needed it.
"Rise and shine", he called to her walking towards her bed, "I never got your name earlier or your house. I need them for my files"
He waited until she roused herself properly before pulling up a stool and sitting down beside her.

Violet yawned, and stretched out. "Wow, that feels better..." She blushed when she realised she hadn't told the nurse who she was. "Oh, uh, I'm Violet Bellamy, and I'm a first year in Hufflepuff," she said, explaining.

"Thank you Ms. Bellamy, now if you're quite up to it maybe you should go and see if you can get any breakfast this morning", he smiled at her taking down her name and house.

Violet stretched out her arms. "Thank you very much, sir!" she said. "I feel much better now." She smiled as she got off the bed, and slightly shakily at first, but then with more strength in her movement, left for the Great Hall to get something to eat. She was starving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back