Fed up and friendless

Carmen Peregrin

OOC First Name
Lin
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Carmen walked along the cliff tops looking out over the immense drop below, she sighed wishing she could fly already. Hovering and moving a few inches just was not the same. She wondered briefly what Kaleb was doing now, was he off hanging out with Leia or some other girl? Her eyes smarted from tears that she refused to shed. All the books she had read with bestfriends in them had all told about the great things they always did together. That they were solid and nothing could get between them. Obviously none of those fictional friendships had ever been like hers and Kalebs or he simply had never read those type of books. They were bestfriends she knew this and yet, they spent so little time together. She saw more of him in class than outside and wondered as well would he stop sitting beside her soon and sit with one of the other girls.

Carmen was confused, she was only annoyed because he was supposed to be her bestfriend yet he didn't act like it much anymore. Even the little time they did spend she felt she was beginning to get petty, which so wasn't her. She kicked a few stones off the cliff edge and swore aloud. Something totally unlike her but there was alot happening to her that she had been unprepared for. Kaleb Styx was the biggest one. She sighed and folded her arms across her chest. Her Slytherin uniform looked fitted and elegant on her slender frame and her long blonde hair blowing in the wind.

Borka had spent ninety per cent of his time at Hogwarts with either his cousin Avrille or by himself, and even though he knew for a fact that the leader of the infamous group his older brother had been a part of before everything had broken apart, he felt no need to contact the old family friend, Kaleb, at this very moment, he was far to preoccupied with his own business that did not include Durmstrang, Bulgaria, Bad Laasphe or his family, which was do things on his own accord, not just because he was a Kerberos and Zchechaf decendant.

Although it was a windy day, the Slytherin first year, felt no need to wear anything more then a black t shirt and a pair of jeans, aside from shoes. Not knowing where he was going completely, Borka walked. Soon he found himself by the cliffs. He looked over the edge apprehensively, not because he was afraid of heights by any means, he just knew that there were mischief makers at every school, and one could go as far as to push the first year off a cliff to either initiate him, give him the biggest fright of his life, or to kill him. His thoughts and gaze were turned towards a girl that swore, he frowned. Borka wasn't a goody goody by no means but he didn't think that females should swear, it was not becoming, and they were supposed to attract themselves to men. "Swearing isn't becoming, I wouldn't suggest it again," he said voicing his thoughts, with his mixed accent. "Unless there is a reason for vulgar," he added as an after thought, but slightly quieter, although still certain that the girl could hear him.

Carmen swung around at the sound of the voice, extremely mortified that anyone should hear her speaking like that. It simply wasn't something she did, ever.
"You are very right and I am sorry you overheard it. I don't usually swear but yes, extenuating circumstances sometimes call for us to react out of the norm".
She sighed wrapping her arms tighter about her waist. The embarrassment of being called vulgar was awful indeed, no one had ever had reason to call her or anything about her that before. Turning to look back over the precipice Carmen decided she would have to add that to her long list of woes.

"I won't be swearing again" she told the boy not looking to see whether he had even left.

Borka nodded, but said nothing. His family might be dark and what a mudblood might call evil but they did not swear, it just wasn't respectable. "Care to speak about it," he shrugged with a ruffle of his blond hair. He nodded once more when the girl said that she wouldn't be swearing again. "I'm Borka Kerberos," he said, hoping that she wouldn't make the connection between his name and the Greek word for the three headed dog that lives in Hades. It irritated him when people mentioned it.

Carmen shook her head and sighed, then nodded her head. Her hands went up to cover her face and she spoke in German for the first time since arriving in New Zealand.
"I am frustrated with my bestfriend".

Once she had actually said it out loud, it didn't seem so bad. Of course the fact that she had said it in her native tongue was definitely cheating a little. She took her hands away from her face again and looked sheepishly over at the boy who had introduced himself.
"Hello Borka. I am Carmen, Carmen Peregrin" her eyebrows furrowed into a frown for a moment as she tried to recall where she had heard his surname before, wondering if his family knew her own but she couldn't place it. She knew eventually it would come to her though.
"I shouldn't have spoken in German. I... would simply sound petty to you if I were to relate what troubles me".

Borka had understood the language the blonde girl spoke, as he lived in Germany for most of his years and he couldn't help but shake his head and chuckle. "And this best friend of yours... she likes the boy you like?" he asked, also in German, with amusement in his eyes and voice. Girls were hilarious to him.

Borka nodded politely as Carmen introduced himself. "Pleasure I'm sure," he said with a darker tone to his voice once more, but not enough to have this girl, if she did live anywhere in the magical community in Russia, Bulgaria or Germany, be reminded of how dark his family was. "I understand German better then English," he said simply as he ruffled his blond hair with slight annoyance. It was getting far too long for his liking.

Carmen had the decency to blush but also smiled as she did so when he spoke to her in German.
"It is not a she, my bestfriend is a boy" she told him in German once more, "Do you wish for us to speak in German then? I am good either way".
It was easy enough for her to flow between both languages and she really didn't mind so much which one she spoke though for Kaleb or anyone else she would naturally speak English.
"I don't like any boy" a slight crease furrowed her brow as she considered this, she had Charlie who was quite surely becoming a close friend of hers and she had Kaleb who was most definitely her bestfriend and soul mate but she didn't think about them like that, did she?
She attempted to change the subject at any rate, thinking herself much too young for that sort of thing.
"You are from Germany then or near there? Perhaps our families know of each other? Well if yours is magical they would" she smiled, knowing full well her grandfather would not associate with muggles or their like if he could help it, no matter how his precious grand-daughter tried to change his views.

Borka shook his head as Carmen offered to speak German, he had to learn to make English just as natural as German or Bulgarian. "Well good on you, far too young to like anyone, in my personal opinion," he responded as she went on to say that she didn't like any boy. He enjoyed this girl's company. She seemed sensicle and like she wasn't one to get her emotions in the way of anything important. "My family is most definately magical," he said firmly, disgust snapped onto his facials as he thought of being a mudblood.

"I live with my Grandfather in Germany but my family is from Bulgaria, Russia, Germany and France," Borka shrugged, but when he said France a curious expression crossed his lips. How was he related to the Lurken's? It was so silly to think that they had just this random family of French witches and wizards there. They had three families from French decent on the over all family tree: the Lurken's, the Mauven's and the Lorka's.

lame

Carmen quickly reverted back to English again, the language flowed smoothly and freely from her as if it were her native German. She had been taught it the same time her family had begun to teach her her native tongue.
"So you do not like any of the girls around here then?" she smiled at him, goodness only knew there were positively tons of them and each better looking than the last. She noted the change in face as he reassured her that he was magical. Carmen had nothing against any race or creed or any minority no matter who for that matter, she bristled slightly. She wasn't a pureblood but she was one generation removed from being one and though her family were German nobility she certainly didn't go about Lording or Ladying it over anyone because of blood type.
"What part of Germany?" she queried, "My family have lived in the Rhineland for centuries."

[no lamer than my own ;) I liked it ]

Borka shook his head with a shudder. "You're the first girl I've met here that I'm not related to, distant or otherwise," he explained. He didn't seem to get out much, and when he did it was with his family. Avrille Grinaes mostly as they had meshing personalities. He had yet to go speak to his old family friend, Kaleb Styx and thought that he should considering they were in the same Hogwart's house now and would be related soon enough. "I live in Bad Laasphe." He nodded when Carmen said that she lived in the Rhineland. "Lovely area," he grinned.

Carmen watched as he shuddered, thinking perhaps it wasn't a bad thing that they were not related. The boy seemed a little peculiar to her but she couldn't figure out why. She had always been a good judge of character and figured perhaps with some she would just need more time.
"Perhaps that is fortunate ... that we are not related. We can get to know one another without any family prejudices in the way" she smiled at him, her hazel eyes seemed to sparkle as her smile alone lit up her face.
"Families tend to carry and pass on an awful lot of baggage. So I am glad we are not related and look forward to getting to know you Borka."
She smiled looking out across the precipice as he said where he came from.
"Ah yes the Wittgenstein castle is there is it not? Of course it is being abused as a muggle boarding school now, such a shame for such a beautiful castle but I guess something similar must have happened here to this castle."

Carmen turned to see the tips of the castle turrets from where they were.
"Do you miss home and your family? Though if you keep meeting family here you probably don't get a chance to miss them. Actually my best friend has a similar problem".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back