Favorite Place...

Nina gave her a puzzled look and tried to hide her laughter and said, "Thanks but, I am just a beginner.." Nina smiled and said, "Nice to meet you Isabella and Cyndi, I'm Nina." Nina smiled at the girls while avoiding mentioning her last name in fear of them being in 'awe' in the fact that she was champion.

"You're the Hogwarts Scotland champion aren't you?" Isabella said remembering her from the First Task. "I just got those new skates for Christmas," Isabella pointed towards her skates on the snow by the lake. "So if you're a beginner and can do that axle, then I don't know what I am!" Isabella said laughing a little shyly.

Cyndi began to think of names for their Snowman. As she did, the girl who had begun skating skated over to them and said hello. Cyndi smiled at her as Isabella introduced everyone. She had met the girl once before, but as it was a brief meeting, Cyndi wasn't sure if the girl remembered her. "Nice to meet you." Cyndi said.

She went back to thinking about names for their snowman, and looked up as Isabella asked the girl whether she was one of the champions. Cyndi looked at the girl and recognized that she was. The two girls then began talking about skating. "Well, I can tell you one thing. You both are way better than I am!" Cyndi said, laughing as she imagined herself trying to skate.

Nina nodded softly and said, "Yeah.." Then she looked over at the older girl and asked curiously, "You looked a little familar, have we met before?" Nina hoped that she didn't sound rude but she couldn't remember her name at all.

"Oh I used to be waay better...." Nina said with an awkward chuckle.

Cyndi noticed that the girl didn't seem to want anyone to focus on the fact that she was a champion. She wondered why that was, but didn't know the girl well enough to pry. "Yeah, we met at the Halloween party. I was the mummy" Cyndi said smiling as she remembered how silly she looked that day. "hey, do you have any suggestions for what we should name our snowman?" Cyndi asked.

"Oh thats right, Cyndi?" Nina said with a small smile then said, "Hmm, do you want it to be a boy or a girl?"

"Hmm.."Cyndi said considering the question. "I think it looks like a boy to me. What do you guys think?" Cyndi asked both Isabella and Nina.

Isabella absentmindedly brushed off stray snow on the scarf and said, "Yup, looks like a boy to me," and smiled at them.

Nina nodded and said, "Okay then how about, Caius.." Nina then added, "I can't really think of anything else."

Cyndi considered the name, looking at the snowman as she did so. She shrugged, she could certainly not think of anything better and the name sounded interesting. "I like it" Cyndi said and then looked at Isabella, "What about you, Isabella?"

Isabella thought for a bit as well, "Caius works for me!" she said cheerfully. Isabella looked at the older students and said out loud, "Do you guys know how to animate objects..." she asked, wondering whether they could animate their snowman. She thought him simply waving would be cute.

Cyndi bit her lip as she thought about this. "Hmm... maybe animare might work. You know, if we focus only on his hand or something" Cyndi continued to think, "I'm not sure what else could work." She waited for Nina to chime in before doing anything. Perhaps Nina could think of something else.

Isabella looked at Cyndi and said, "I think only animating his hand would work, I mean, I don't want him running away!" she said, giggling a little.

"We could probably have him waving or something," Nina suggested trying to remember everything she had learnt so far.

Isabella nodded her head excitedly and then added, "If it's too hard to do it, we can just forget it. I like it just the way it is too."

"It won't hurt to try" Cyndi said. She pulled her wand out from under her jacket. "Animare" Cyndi said as she pointed as the snowman's hand. For a second nothing happened, but then the snowman's hand began to move in a noticeable wave. "Whoa, that is too cool!" Cyndi said excitedly.

Isabella stared in anticipation at the snowman as Cyndi performed the charm on it. "Cool!!" she chimed in with Cyndi when it began waving. She was so proud of her first snowman and smiled at Nina and Cyndi. She looked around and said, "Now what?" and laughed.

"I know..." Cyndi said with a mischievous smile on her face. She simply could not turn up the chance especially with all of the snow that was lying around. Cyndi scooped up a pile of snow and tried to quickly ball it and then threw it at Nina. She then laughed and began to try to find somewhere to hide in case Nina tried to retaliate.

Nina smiled brightly as the snowman's hand began to wave then a snow ball hit her at the side of the head and she wipped her wand out and made a ball of snow then muttered, "Wingardiam Levisoa." The snow ball immediatly levitated in the air and Nina whipped over to Cyndi who was looking for a place to hide and Nina smirked.

"Hey no fair. You used your wand" Cyndi joked as she got hit in the back with the snowball. She reached a tree and took refuge behind it. Cyndi took her wand out, said "wingardium leviosa" and threw a snowball toward Isabella. She didn't even wait to see if it hit her, she just started to make another one to get Nina back.

Isabella laughed as Nina got hit with a snowball and then when Nina used magic to get Cyndi back. She figured she'd only be next so she started to run towards a bush but to her misfortune, a snowball hit her straight on her back. She gasped as the snow burst on her and bent down immediately to avoid another, and make a snowball of her own. She took refuge behind the bush she was headed for and started to make snowballs. She considered using magic, but thought the old fashioned way was funner. After a while, Isabella had a few snowballs lined up on the ground and smirked as she emerged from behind the bush and threw one by one at Nina and the area where Cyndi was hiding, hoping she hit them.

Cyndi threw the snowball she had at Nina and then quickly realized that her hiding spot was no good as she got hit in the head with a snowball. The snow trickled down and went under her robe. It was cold and Cyndi hopped up and down as the snow melted at her neck. She put her wand away because it was actually kind of slowing her down.

Cyndi reached down grabbed a handful of snow and jumped out from her hiding place, throwing it in Isabella's direction. It fell short though. "Aww, man" Cyndi shouted as she made another snowball and threw it. This one looked like it might hit, but she wasn't sure.

Isabella stuck her tongue out as Cyndi tried throwing snow in her direction but her teasing was short lived as another, huge snowball came down right on her head. Isabella squealed and began laughing, trying to shake off all the snow from her head. She ran towards the two and grabbed handfuls of snow, quickly trying to make snowballs and throwing them at the girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back